Mixed SBs

Please vote if you would like this to implemented or not.

Vote ends on the 10th.

If yes, then I will work with Dreidan to figure out timeframe of when it might come when he returns from holidays.

If no, then we do not need to further discuss the idea and it will be put to bed.

*Edit- this is to clarify what we actually mean by Mixed SBs.

Okay, so the mixed SBs, is really us just bringing back how SBs used to be.

When I began sea battles about 5 years ago- it used to be that, when there wasn’t enough players for 1 side, a sea battle could still go as long as 10 people were present regardless of faction.

For example-

9 blue and 2 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 11 had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 9 players would get shuffled up between us.

If everyone is under the impression, every sea battle would be shuffled up, this is not the case. I am sorry for the confusion. The shuffling up of players only occurs if one side or the other doesn’t have enough people.

This is more geared towards making SB go in general.

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.

If you wish to change your vote because heroism is 50% lower for any Mixed SBs - feel free to do so. I will not count final votes until the 10th.

For our Russian players:

Награда за Смешанное морское сражение – количество получаемых пиастров, награды за пушечный бой и количество очков Героизма за абордаж – в 2 раза меньше, чем в межфракционном бою.

Comments
lngslng4u, hey smart guy... you been here for 2400+ days me 1039days,while u was here during the game golden years I was here when vaalor didn't do sb''s till I was lvl 52, me and anyone else that said yes wants to have a chance of getting heroism we don't want to be given heroism big difference
BTW this is for anyone that thinks like the smart guy... if u want this game to stay the same while knowing it's dying just because u feel that others after u would have it easier than u,

how selfish can u be?? Or how short sighted are u? Think people!!! have some common sense for once..
One more thing.. Earned is spending 10bucks on a toon with reps in the top 100, BOUGHT is having 600+days of gold gifts on toon..
I vote yes,

I liked the old way how sb s would be mixed if there werent enough on one side, better a mixed one here and there then

none running for many hours. So others also have a chance to be on when a sb does run.

Since we all do not play at the same time,
My vote is yes too.
I've not seen any discussion regarding Essences that are unique to Sea Battles. These are necessary for spells to be gained and upgraded. They are available for trade, but without Sea Battles, they aren't available elsewhere. If having the mixed Sea Battles of yore, it's a good idea in my opinion. I remember them, but not well. I can't recall if it was all Sadar, or all Vaalor with the necessary opposing faction joining to fill out the balance or if it was like a shuffled deck where the two "Aces" were captains. In other words, if it was 6 Sadar and 5 Vaalor, and at the last second a Vaalor dropped out leaving 6 Sadar and 4 Vaalor, I don't know if the combat would have 5 Sadar versus 4 Vaalor and one Sadar, or if it would be some other mixture with Sadar and Vaalor on each side like Arenas of Honor does.

Regardless of how it works out, I would be supportive of this idea. The reduced Heroism is a drawback, but as long as there is Heroism and the Essences of Battle and Essences of Heroism, it's a much better situation than we currently have now. Particularly in respect to having one person ruining the chance for a combat by dropping at the last second. (Of course it could still happen if only 10 total are in queue, but I suspect it will be less frequent).

As for people not fighting against the people they like, thereby giving them the win, that goes to personal character. I know there are people who are willing to cheat in this manner, however they can still do that currently by using alts.

Although there are rules of conduct and behavior, the culture of our community cannot be dictated by the Admin. The "unwritten rules" will continue to exist and unacceptable behavior will be addressed within the community. It's not going to be a perfect solution, but in my opinion it will be an improvement.
Vote yes, was better like this in general, plus SB might go a lot more commonly again, along with putting an end to this crap where people, from both Vaalor and Sadar, drop from queue at last second
isnoogoodAlso, I have to state it separately, I am for certain restrictions. Take it as a suggestion:
1) A player must deal a certain level of damage based on its level. I.e. if someone deals only 5k damage (or less) including the damage from summons and a draggy, it is something that is subject to punishment.
1.1.) If the team of such player won, the minimum damage is twice as low (just in case this one was glyphing hard and was unable to do a lot of damage) .
2) Failure to do so at least twice a month must mean an immediate SB ban for a month (two months, 3 months, forever... - up to you).
3) Failure to do so next time twice a month must result in a longer ban and/or some other penalties - all automatic, no need to involve guardians in it..

Maybe... you never did low damage, but in Terra we have a punishment system, exactly how you suggested... Are you sure, it doesn't work here as well?

Three times 'less than ~10.000 dmg' in a row - and player gets banned for 3 days. If this repeats - 1 month - 3 - 6 - year.
OPTIMUS PRlME, The punishment system does work here. The issue being it applies only to the 1 character and not to all the toons, so many of the trolls are putting 1 in, getting warned, putting a different in next time. Never ending up banned since they don't go 3 times in a row. Or, they end up banned, take out a loan, give it to a main, then go do jail. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.... until guards came back but unfortunately the damage is already done and our SB needs something new to bring it back.

Lngslng, 1- buying vs earning, big difference. 2 - It is no easier to win with mixed and will provide less heroism, it's just impossible to win with NO battles.

Hoorah for you that vote no and that can hex and bc the ones you don't want in out of your queue, but the majority of us feel that is not the best solution for the server. The better solution for the server would be to keep the Sadar vs Vaalor as often as possible, but to also open up Mixed when the ratio doesn't match up 5 v 5. There is nothing for you to lose, don't want mixed, only go when 5+ vaalor are in. Want mixed, wait until there's only 4 on either side. Options for all players are better than the current "Only Elitists and Ninth" get to decide who plays and when that has been happening for many years.
I think you should get heroism rep if you win or lose
Maybe half of what you would get if you would have won
I think this would help solve some issues with people not joining knowing that they are going to lose
i would like some clarification because i don't think the "mixed" sea worked unless you had a total of 18 in (I maybe wrong, so that is why i am asking).

1) 5+ Sadar vs. 5+ Vaalor = sea goes with 100% hereoism and coins

Everything below winner gets 50% heroism and 1/2 coins

2) 6 Sadar vs 4 Vaalor Goes? (if yes, then is it 5 sadar vs 4 Vaalor +1 Sadar highest corsair rep people get capt)

3) 10 Sadar vs 0 Vaalor Goes? (and visa versa 0 Sadar vs 10 Vaalor)

4) if 2 and 3 are no, then is it 18 Sadar vs 0 Vaalor (and visa versa 0 Sadar vs 18 Vaalor) goes?

5) what if 17 Sadar vs 1 Vaalor goes?

See for me, the details of the agreement are what drive a yes or no vote.
OPTIMUS PRlME,

nope no punishment here
Xadria,

According to Leane that is now against the rules, to run an alt and not your main in sea and ruins.

for your comment to lng, 1) everyone buys stuff here (or they have no purple gear or upgrades, and should not be in battles anyway). The game has made it easier to have purple gear since many of us started (no less reals and purple dust). Anyone who says they have not paid the game is lying, or has spent a ton of time moving reals around from alts to gain reals. Can players spend less now, for sure they can. Certain reps are supposed to be hard to get (I have far behind on heroism coming from Aer since it was not allowed to joins sea unless you could really do damage, or your whole clan would be bc'd for your action. Why should those that worked hard to gain reps be punished? I recall one post for glad rep to be easier.... i say, if you do, i want a refund. High glad rep is all about reals or grinding glad mobs.

i have never hexed or bc's anyone out of ruins or sea. I have tried talking to smaller players that were in those battles, and were not buffed up or did not have the high enough reps/gear to "carry their weight". And again, try to talk, and you get yelled at. Mixing sadar and vaalor in sea will not fix that. would bracket help (maybe), would bots (maybe) players opinions are normally around the easiest/cheapest way to get something. Not normally a challenging way. So, the Admin should really look from the 50,000 foot view, and ask what is best for the game.
Amherst, "Why should those that worked hard to gain reps be punished? " What about this change is a punishment to you?
Did any of us get refunds when they cut the cost of gear in half? Did you realize you're not getting your monies worth and quit cashing then? None of us did, but the game needs to continue to change to make things better for NEW players, and guess what Amherst... that means making one of the BEST parts of this game available to ALL players. More will join if more SB fire, it'll post in chat as its own free advertising.... maybe then more players will want to show off links like that and start going to TOH and ROAC more. Who knows. What I do know is leaving it exactly how it is now makes no sense. I am sorry you had a shit experience on AER but making the exact same troubles happen on Nova isn't helping ensure we have a game to play in the future.
Storm Kat,

making the difficult reps (and neph) easy is not what makes the game a challenge. I had a great time on AER. So your desire is to make DE easy so more play. Then what happens when we are all maxed out? Part of DE is the challenge to get better. My point is, keep making the game easier, and we all end up maxed and then what?
Amherst,

Must be 10 minimum regardless of faction.

Xadria,

Can only run main or if alt is strong enough. And for sea battle cases, we all discuss and review and we may even ask player for explanation.

We really havent had many rigged fights regarding SB where there was not someone clearly putting in an alt with the green gear when they had a main decked out in purple. They either put it in, or they did the worst thing which is have the main actively participate in the same fight they put their main in. For which, any cases I did have with brazen cheating I warn first , then 200 reals if I see one more instance beyond it because then you are clearly ignoring and forgoing my first warning. If you do it beyond the 200 real fine, all guardians have the ability to double it to 400 reals because clearly, you did not learn to stop cheating.

Maximus69,

No heroism for losing team. They do not do this on terra, unlikely they will give our server something the Russian server does not have.

In addition, punishment system can be implemented. I don't know if it is needed because for rigged fighting, which if reported, we will be able to see who it belongs to. And for repeat cases beyond a 200 real fine, we can increase it however we see fit to stop this kind of behavior. I, like most players, don't appreciate cheaters especially if it's a fight I thrown down money on.
vote No thank you
Leane, I was simply saying that in the past, even if it was Kitty in, instead of Storm, I would do my best. I disagree with this ruling that Kitty Kat and Katnip Kingpin cannot queue because some cheaters abused the system. I do support the need to do that at this time, but hopefully in the near future once all the cheaters will have moved on to other games, then we can review.

The minimum damage ban is still working for SB yes? Pretty sure someone has been warned in the last 3 months, unless it was changed I believe it is still giving warnings and bans?
Storm Kat,

There is no ruling that says they can’t be in queue. If you feel they can do a good amount of damage there’s nothing prohibiting this. And like I said, we treat cases like these with a bit more care and we tend to ask for explanation as well from the player. Dreidan’s specific words- if they are strong enough - when it came to the alt question.

Autum has the same issue with her alternate. She was under the impression that because her alt is not as strong as she is, she cannot do any sea battles. She had spent money and time building this character as well. No. If the alternate is strong enough- you may enter them. She felt it was not, so she elected not to do so.

The cases we have had that I am specifically mentioning that involved shackles or warnings- are people that did not even have the green gear that you now can get from quests (like barbarian gear or guardian gear) . They had the green gear you get when you start the game and you kill 20 mobs to get mushrooms to craft it- that gear and I can clearly see you have a main character in the opposing faction that is completely upgraded.

Or, the cases fall under the- they put 2 toons - one on each side of the sea battle.
yes
Leane,

You were the one that said alts that do less damage than the main were not allowed. I will look for that post, but i remember it since i asked if this is actually a rule, or your feeling. You told me it was a rule.

So, which is it, alts are allowed or no? (this is why i asked to have it written as a rule if it was. Funny, i say strong enough, i get all kinds of dirty looks, you say "The cases we have had that I am specifically mentioning that involved shackles or warnings- are people that did not even have the green gear that you now can get from quests (like barbarian gear or guardian gear) . They had the green gear you get when you start the game and you kill 20 mobs to get mushrooms to craft it- that gear and I can clearly see you have a main character in the opposing faction that is completely upgraded." and that is ok. So what is the games idea of "a good amount of damage?"
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.