Mixed SBs

Please vote if you would like this to implemented or not.

Vote ends on the 10th.

If yes, then I will work with Dreidan to figure out timeframe of when it might come when he returns from holidays.

If no, then we do not need to further discuss the idea and it will be put to bed.

*Edit- this is to clarify what we actually mean by Mixed SBs.

Okay, so the mixed SBs, is really us just bringing back how SBs used to be.

When I began sea battles about 5 years ago- it used to be that, when there wasn’t enough players for 1 side, a sea battle could still go as long as 10 people were present regardless of faction.

For example-

9 blue and 2 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 11 had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 9 players would get shuffled up between us.

If everyone is under the impression, every sea battle would be shuffled up, this is not the case. I am sorry for the confusion. The shuffling up of players only occurs if one side or the other doesn’t have enough people.

This is more geared towards making SB go in general.

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.

If you wish to change your vote because heroism is 50% lower for any Mixed SBs - feel free to do so. I will not count final votes until the 10th.

For our Russian players:

Награда за Смешанное морское сражение – количество получаемых пиастров, награды за пушечный бой и количество очков Героизма за абордаж – в 2 раза меньше, чем в межфракционном бою.

Comments
Amherst,

Alternates are allowed as long as they are strong enough. When I had asked Dreidan originally, he was under the impression I was asking about alternates that are akin to ones used to farm resources being placed in Sea Battles. He said no alternates. I communicated that to everyone. Later on, he had clarified that he meant alternates are allowed, but ones that are fully geared and able to do good damage not the ones that have little to no gear. And it will be case by case basis. There will not be a strictly written rule as all of us review case by case. For everyone that asks me about alternates, I will give them the same answer. If the alternate character is strong and able to do good damage, it is not against the rules to enter them in.

You can dig through the posts as much as you please. What I am saying now is what Dreidan said to all the guardians months ago. Nothing changed since then, and a post previously made, will not change my answer now since new information was given since then.

If you want strictly written, sorry it doesn't work that way. You agree to the terms of the game when you sign up and it clearly states, the final right to decide what is considered a violation of the rules is decided by the admins. In addition, they reserve the right to change the rules at any time. You can continue to argue the point, but it will not change simply because it's not to your liking. It will be the same answer whenever you elect to ask again.
Leane,

WTH?? " Later on, he had clarified that he meant alternates are allowed, but ones that are fully geared and able to do good damage not the ones that have little to no gear. And it will be case by case basis. " is not a rule. That is each person's opinion. So, who's opinion counts in that case?

"If the alternate character is strong and able to do good damage" in who's opinion? Ved's? if so, then my main is not good enough either LOL

You threw me in jail before you even knew what they hell was happening. Took me a few hours of yelling to get release because you make a mistake.

How about the ADMIN gets his ass on and explain himself. he is the one with the final say. Seems reasonable he wants to change the rules, then he comes and says it.
Amherst... is not a rule. That is each person's opinion. So, who's opinion counts in that case?

Admin's favourite part of rules «...At Administration's discretion...» ))
Amherst,

No, I was well aware of what was happening. There was an error in the communication and aside from your clan, no other clan was aware that Dreidan gave an okay to sell 1:1. For which, he decided to do so because he saw essences were outrageously priced and wanted everyone to be able to buy it at a reasonable price, not for people to buy PQ pieces for well below the AH price. He changed his mind because I showed him that PQ pieces were being sold at unfairly low prices in comparison to what everybody else had to buy them for in the auction house. I am not apologizing for something that not a single one of the 9 guardians was aware of.

As for opinion, all 9 guardians look at cases like these because we need everyone's input before making a decision, as well as the person accused of cheating. If you believe that of the 9 of us, including the person you nominated to be on council cannot make a sound decision on whether a rigged fight has occurred , then I cannot help you there.

And as OPTIMUS has pointed out, admins can change the rules at their own discretion.
Update for everyone

I confirmed with Dreidan, this will be the scheme for SBs - 10 people regardless of faction will be able to get a SB to start.
It will be 50% less heroism, but if there are 10 people, a SB will start. Should all blue decide to drop last minute, as long as there are 10 sadar, the SB will start.

He said - no brackets, no heroism for losing team, and no bots. If there are more questions, please let me know. I do not currently have a timeframe for implementation yet.
I could spam you with 1,000,000,000 s for this change approval. Please do let us know when it’s ready. Thank you!!!!!
Leane, what will be mixing algoritm if 6-4 in q, if 10-0 in q, what will he if 15-5 in q? Or 18-1? Please specify all rules of dividing. Ty
novosge1,
9 blue and 4 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 13 people had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 11 players would get shuffled up between us.

For 15-5 that’s just a regular sea battle so, 5 from one side and 9 from the other so 6 get left out on the other side.
Leane,

So does his example 10 vs 0 go?
Amherst, i beleive yes 5 vs 5
Amherst,

LeaneUpdate for everyone

I confirmed with Dreidan, this will be the scheme for SBs - 10 people regardless of faction will be able to get a SB to start.
It will be 50% less heroism, but if there are 10 people, a SB will start. Should all blue decide to drop last minute, as long as there are 10 sadar, the SB will start.

He said - no brackets, no heroism for losing team, and no bots. If there are more questions, please let me know. I do not currently have a timeframe for implementation yet.
Removed by user
amherst was right.. i know a few pages back.. and i'm too lazy to quote.. in the old way 5 years ago.. if we had 10 sadars in q.. valor could block the mixed sb to go by just adding 1 to the queue.
but, it does appear the answer was given how it would work going forward.

i'd vote yes

i probably won't ever go.. but i'm sure its a good thing for the battleground to go.. those that needed sb kills for neph were screwed when the battleground didn't go for 6 mo.

i think i would get A WHOLE LOT LESS PMs on heroism days from disgrunted players when they got hexed and bc'd and blah blah blah,, if we just did mixed sb completely.. i'd vote yes for that in a minute... especially if the game was randomly assigning to each side.. Each side would have a share of strong and weaker players making the event fair.
Leane,

what about Novo's question of Or 18-1? would the one get dropped or one of the 18, or would it not go?
Amherst,

1 dropped.
Good news, the Mixed SBs will be tested sometime this week so there may be glitches on Wednesday, may not work entirely without bugs as he is still putting it in action. But, it is in the works this week. Please feel free to PM me on any particular bugs.
I vote yes!! :D
I vote yes. Despite the comments, we fight our own clan mates in most other forums. Why should sb be any different. To. Many folks wait for the power hitters from their faction to be on before they sign up. If it’s a random pull of players then it eliminates the Pandor and Ved factors, Fights have the opportunity to be balanced. I think SB will happen more often. Or will when they fix the current bug
That’s is the way it used to be.. only when one side didn’t have enough and 10 total in q it went mixed. I vote yes
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.