Mixed SBs

Please vote if you would like this to implemented or not.

Vote ends on the 10th.

If yes, then I will work with Dreidan to figure out timeframe of when it might come when he returns from holidays.

If no, then we do not need to further discuss the idea and it will be put to bed.

*Edit- this is to clarify what we actually mean by Mixed SBs.

Okay, so the mixed SBs, is really us just bringing back how SBs used to be.

When I began sea battles about 5 years ago- it used to be that, when there wasn’t enough players for 1 side, a sea battle could still go as long as 10 people were present regardless of faction.

For example-

9 blue and 2 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 11 had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 9 players would get shuffled up between us.

If everyone is under the impression, every sea battle would be shuffled up, this is not the case. I am sorry for the confusion. The shuffling up of players only occurs if one side or the other doesn’t have enough people.

This is more geared towards making SB go in general.

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.

If you wish to change your vote because heroism is 50% lower for any Mixed SBs - feel free to do so. I will not count final votes until the 10th.

For our Russian players:

Награда за Смешанное морское сражение – количество получаемых пиастров, награды за пушечный бой и количество очков Героизма за абордаж – в 2 раза меньше, чем в межфракционном бою.

Comments
Leane, it would not be easyer if ppl try to talk and make a nice day of grand heroism?
-Jhonny-,

If everyone decides no to mixed SBs, then your idea of discussing nicely would be the next best thing.
yes
Leane, my idea is ppl stop to be idiots and start to talk and make one sb for each empire
I changed my mind, so vote YES.
Yes
Removed by user
-Jhonny-Leane, then we willl earn less piastres and heroism with a mixed team? why the hell we want it then? hahahahahahaha explain why one bad idea like this?
Easy. Less is better than none. Explained.

All you folks voting no are really not reading this. Either that or I am reading it wrong. So Leane, here's my take, please correct me.

Scenario 1 - 5 vaalor + 5 sadar in queue, 1 SB goes with sadar vs vaalor. (this goes up until 9 of each, but minimum is 5) Exact same as now.

New rule would add:
Scenario 2 - 6 vaalor + 4 sadar in queue, 1 SB goes with a random number of sadar and vaalor in each team. And Yes, we all know DE math, it could be 4 vaalor + 1 sadar vs 5 sadar OR 3 sadar + 2 vaalor per team OR 4 sadar + 1 vaalor vs 2 sadar + 3 vaalor.

No matter your answer, my vote, and my vote on behalf of everyone that already posted for years now to have mixed is, YES
Storm Kat, Correct. The two people who are highest level or in the case where level is the same, highest Corsair rep would be the two captains.

This is what I recall on how it was structured back then. And then the teams, are as you said, can be any combination of both factions, randomized. of Course I will finalize details of how things are set up with him before it is implemented to make sure majority is satisfied with the changes that will be made.
Leane, I hope many reconsider their No votes, I see no downside of this request. Thank you for taking care of this and I look forward to Dreidan's responses.
When the post first started I was in doubt, but after these clarifications I now fully support these changes. My vote is yes.

Here's my reasoning. With this change we could continue making sb exactly the way we currently do, but in cases where a few people leave queue and a normal sb couldn't proc we would get a mixed sb with reduced rewards instead of literally nothing.
If it’s like the old sb then I say yes.
Leane,

"And then the teams, are as you said, can be any combination of both factions, randomized. of Course I will finalize details of how things are set up" any way the admin and the guardian can please come up with the details and THEN ask for a vote?? Please stop the half a thought, vote, change the topic, and ask for us to vote again? I mean the topic and vote was called with 4 days, then the details were modified, and not we are to trust the details will be finalized and will remain what we say no or yes to? This is exactly why things need to be thought out then presented if that is what the admin wants.

in many of your and Kats posts you fail to keep in the details, that a red vs red or blue vs blue results in 50% less heroism and coins. maybe not a big impact, but still a detail that seems to be skipped in many of your back and forth items.
Amherst,

If you don’t like my method you can ask another guardian to tailor their responses to your liking then.

Lmao
Amherst,

Storm Kat-Jhonny-Leane, then we willl earn less piastres and heroism with a mixed team? why the hell we want it then? hahahahahahaha explain why one bad idea like this?
Easy. Less is better than none. Explained.......

4 comments up from yours. And now again. Even with 50% less, I still vote Yes.
Removed by user
i vote yes
From someone who quit (but still cares a bit). Just please make sure you understand I don't really care and such, and such...
I am for mixed SBs as long as they are really mixed. It means the strength of teams MUST be nearly equal - level based. Regardless of factions. Otherwise its pointless. There is a magic word BALANCE, which is totally absent in this game and which is killing it. There must be balance, I say.

Also, I have to state it separately, I am for certain restrictions. Take it as a suggestion:
1) A player must deal a certain level of damage based on its level. I.e. if someone deals only 5k damage (or less) including the damage from summons and a draggy, it is something that is subject to punishment.
1.1.) If the team of such player won, the minimum damage is twice as low (just in case this one was glyphing hard and was unable to do a lot of damage) .
2) Failure to do so at least twice a month must mean an immediate SB ban for a month (two months, 3 months, forever... - up to you).
3) Failure to do so next time twice a month must result in a longer ban and/or some other penalties - all automatic, no need to involve guardians in it.

I suppose, the above simple rules can solve quite a lot of problems with certain accusations as long as it comes together with a really mixed SB. I remember a SB when some 5K damage could have been decisive, so it may help a lot.

One more suggestion:
If a player during a SB went offline and is not offline by the time of the boarding phase, he/she must be replaced with... here you can suggest something of your own.
May be a phantom, or a replicant, or a bot of his level - whatever it takes to balance the fighting teams.

An aside statement.
SB is fun. I hated when this fun was spoiled by someone not fighting at all. We all know that everything can happen - lost connection, power off or some real life call. It can happen once or twice. But you all know that some people (or alts) do it more than once or twice, on a regular basis. Such behaviour is a subject to punishment. It is not even a subject to discussion, it is a fact. I urge guardians to pay some close attention to it.
Lol what a damn joke I vote no no way in hell .. and by the way laker and anyone else who wants to say it is easy for the ones with heroism rank to not want to change things .. why should we change it make it easier for you ? why ? get your reps like I did earn them !
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.