Mixed SBs

Please vote if you would like this to implemented or not.

Vote ends on the 10th.

If yes, then I will work with Dreidan to figure out timeframe of when it might come when he returns from holidays.

If no, then we do not need to further discuss the idea and it will be put to bed.

*Edit- this is to clarify what we actually mean by Mixed SBs.

Okay, so the mixed SBs, is really us just bringing back how SBs used to be.

When I began sea battles about 5 years ago- it used to be that, when there wasn’t enough players for 1 side, a sea battle could still go as long as 10 people were present regardless of faction.

For example-

9 blue and 2 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 11 had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 9 players would get shuffled up between us.

If everyone is under the impression, every sea battle would be shuffled up, this is not the case. I am sorry for the confusion. The shuffling up of players only occurs if one side or the other doesn’t have enough people.

This is more geared towards making SB go in general.

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.

If you wish to change your vote because heroism is 50% lower for any Mixed SBs - feel free to do so. I will not count final votes until the 10th.

For our Russian players:

Награда за Смешанное морское сражение – количество получаемых пиастров, награды за пушечный бой и количество очков Героизма за абордаж – в 2 раза меньше, чем в межфракционном бою.

Comments
I vote yes
The SBs are going to have some kinks to work out as previously mentioned, we are working to see if we can get a day to do some test runs. I do suggest for the time being, until I have a definitive 'it is good to go' to either use glyph, or go in without buffs.

It may take a bit, but the finished product I think will help Sea Battles go as long as there are 10 in regardless of faction, which is a good end goal for a small server like ourselves.
Leane,

kinks, are small things, what happened on wed was a train wreck. Battles not firing, and the one that did was mixed when it was not supposed to be (according to your post anyway).

So, what EXACTLY are we voting on now? Why not a new post rather than burying it 8 pages deep?
Can we start a new post? My clan votes for ending this nonsense and making sea battles what they were before. Don’t waste dreidan’s time on this, please just make them how they were, I see no benefit to anyone making them mixed at this point. The rewards are so minimal when they mix it is not even worth doing.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.