Mixed SBs

Please vote if you would like this to implemented or not.

Vote ends on the 10th.

If yes, then I will work with Dreidan to figure out timeframe of when it might come when he returns from holidays.

If no, then we do not need to further discuss the idea and it will be put to bed.

*Edit- this is to clarify what we actually mean by Mixed SBs.

Okay, so the mixed SBs, is really us just bringing back how SBs used to be.

When I began sea battles about 5 years ago- it used to be that, when there wasn’t enough players for 1 side, a sea battle could still go as long as 10 people were present regardless of faction.

For example-

9 blue and 2 red, SB would still go and they would have 2 captains, whichever of the 11 had highest level or Corsair rep got to be captain. For example, if it was me and themamma in SB and everyone else was level 60 and below, both of us would then be the captains fighting each other and the rest of the 9 players would get shuffled up between us.

If everyone is under the impression, every sea battle would be shuffled up, this is not the case. I am sorry for the confusion. The shuffling up of players only occurs if one side or the other doesn’t have enough people.

This is more geared towards making SB go in general.

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.

If you wish to change your vote because heroism is 50% lower for any Mixed SBs - feel free to do so. I will not count final votes until the 10th.

For our Russian players:

Награда за Смешанное морское сражение – количество получаемых пиастров, награды за пушечный бой и количество очков Героизма за абордаж – в 2 раза меньше, чем в межфракционном бою.

Comments
YES! Mixed sea battles would be great.
I vote Yes!
yes
Leane,

But if it is mixed, does the winning. Team still get heroism? I recall they omitted something from the win.
goddessLinda,

Only winning team gets heroism. So if your team consisted of say, pandor. and TheOnlyOne (mix of blue and red) only people on your team get heroism. Say the other team has lngslng4u, he would not get heroism as his team is the losing one.

If it ends up being a yes vote, I will work out the details of it with Dreidan before anything goes into play so everyone can have a say before big changes are made.
I would vote yes. but I would also like to see brackets. I feel more people would join if it was bracketed like AoH, or 7b & Ruins. Also, because people get BC'd for not being good enough, it makes them not want to participate. I feel this is a major reason why SB rarely fires, because players don't want to be retaliated against. The Higher level who have BC'd lower players, have ruined SB, and made it very difficult to find enough player to get it to fire.
goddessLinda, Now - mixed sea battles give 50% heroism and 50% Piastres...

DoctorPbut I would also like to see brackets, because people get BC'd for not being good enough, it makes them not want to participate.

We've tried this in Terra... it doesn't work. In each lvl-group you can find weakest players)

Also, as for other suggestions, I will bring them up to him and see where the conversation goes. I don’t believe they will be a yes for bots or brackets, but I prefer ask and have a firm no in hand.
Okay I found the answer on Russian website. It is not shown in our servers:

Here is the translations:

The award for the Mixed naval battle - the number of piastres received, the awards for cannon combat and the number of Heroism points for boarding are 2 times less than in inter-factional combat.
Leane, 50% more heroism and piastres I think he means.
OPTIMUS PRlME,

Yes that’s what I recall. Thank u once again for your info.
Dismantler, no, only 50% of the heroism the winning team would have gotten.
voting for Pumper 44 , he says yes
i dont see any reason to mix sea battle sorry my vote is no
Leane, then we willl earn less piastres and heroism with a mixed team? why the hell we want it then? hahahahahahaha explain why one bad idea like this?
Yes
Leane thanks for the clarification. I vote yes
I still say yes but dang the rewards did lower lol.. anyways I'd rather have some rewards than none
-Jhonny-,

Some people prefer sea battles to go in general, rather than wait in queue for no sea battles all day because 1 side doesn’t have enough people.

But, everyone now knows they get less heroism, they may not be so willing to vote yes even if it means more SBs. And it may not be an idea you find appealing, but others do, so be respectful of what others want to.
Yes to mixed SB. After everything is said and done, this game is about enjoyment and not having access to any battle ground is one more step from a whole game.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.