Clan Wars: Discussion

Warriors! We are currently working on brand new clan wars which many of you are waiting for eagerly. We want to make these new changes so that event would be interesting and fair to everyone. Few words on how we're expecting the new clan wars to look.

Main changes from the previous format of Clan Wars:

1) All wars will start twice a week - at 21:00 on Wednesdays and 16:00 Saturdays.
2) Duration of wars reduced to 2 hours.
3) If clan wants to participate in a war Clan Leader or someone with necessary permissions needs to press button "We want to Fight" in diplomacy tab no less than 24 hours before the start.
4) Enemy is chosen automatically using several variables to make the fights as balanced as possible while avoiding putting two same clans one against each other too often. Until the start of war you do not know who you'll fight.
5) Requirements and fight mechanics in general will stay unchanged. However new events like "destroy a caravan with ammunition" that will reward extra points and consumables might be added. Contribution and Seal of Defeat removed completely.
6) If you pressed button that you want to participate in next War day you cannot cancel your participation.
7) Heroism rewards will be doubled from previous wars.

Rewards: Heroism for fights as well as bonus points for most active members in them. Sydian and clan reputation as well as some other rewards. While little bit less than winners losers will also receive both Sydian and Clan Reputation! However only winners will be rewarded with Heroism. It will all depend on your own activity!

From our point of view only few active clans were constantly participating in wars and we'd like to see that changed with new format of Clan Wars and for it to stay active even after first month of changes. We are discussing idea(-s) regards to making clans into full fledged Alliances with Alliance chats while decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan. But we'd like to hear your feedback on this first!
Comments
Reaghnf,
You, as often, are talking nonsense. 9th had as many, if not more, surrender to them as your leadership stated to people 'they were being taxed for the 75g'. We never stated such a thing and only wanted a fight and a bit of fun. You have a bug up your ass about elitists for whatever reason and are someone on a personal level that often talks about not fighting and trying in fights in main chat.

And as for your nonsense that we BC people for wars...that is nothing other than a flat oout lie....but it IS something the 9th used to do though.

I said my post was my opinion as was anyone else's, but as always you try and hijack for your own means. As far as I can see you do basically nothing in game, and yet want to say how it should be going forward. You have the right to an opinion, the same as anyone else, but you are not a positive contributor.

You think these changes will change wars? I don't expect them to change much at all. If everything were to be made free tomorrow would it change that much either? There are always those that have more time, are better for whatever reason, but you don't get that it seems. The game, as in life, dictates that some have more than others. You may not like it, but it won't change that simple fact. You spend your time bitching about it in main and on forums though rather than spending that time getting better.

Rubido,
How hard is it to understand you won't be fighting elitists every week? If you don't want to fight us then your clan should not Q for war. If you accept it as a risk that maybe once in 2 months you will have to face us then continue to Q. But it is ok if you draw a lower clan and can beat on them right and they can't win a fight? Then everything is ok with the world?

RF_17,

How hard is it to understand that no one wants to fight you? I want a challenge where winning and losing is an option. We get a bit of heroism, the other side gets a bit of heroism. With you guys you get it all, and then wonder why does no one want to fight us?
RF_17,
I can't spend my time getting stronger. Your clan attacks me on garuug and on hops. haha So I have fun voicing my opinion. Which is opinion of most in game. I get a lot of compliments in PMs in game about my posts so I'll keep it up. you can just ignore them.
RubidoRF_17,

How hard is it to understand that no one wants to fight you? I want a challenge where winning and losing is an option. We get a bit of heroism, the other side gets a bit of heroism. With you guys you get it all, and then wonder why does no one want to fight us?

No one gives a **** if u like the opponents u get or not when u queue for war accept the fact that u can get matched by a stronger clan. No one cares if u want or not want to fight its just fair to do it everything else is just distructive behaviour and should get punished.

ReaghnfRF_17,
I can't spend my time getting stronger. Your clan attacks me on garuug and on hops. haha So I have fun voicing my opinion. Which is opinion of most in game. I get a lot of compliments in PMs in game about my posts so I'll keep it up. you can just ignore them.

The bc might be or not be justified, but its a clear thing that ninth has chosen the way they want to go themselves and don´t start trashtalking me know i have seen both sides and now pretty good what happened.

Same to u as to rubi if u queue for a war its just fair to fight whatever opponent u get.

EDIT:OH btw i already see the first people crying about us getting free stuff every time cauze no one fights us
Rubido,
In life as in game, there are those that have more or are better, either through luck, skill or circumstance. The new rules appear to be simple, if you want a war then you Q and take your chances. You won't draw us every week. I mean how clear does ihit have to be when he says things will be put in place to make sure same clans don't draw each other every time?

Let me put another question to you. Do you think you have a chance to win every time you go to arena once you see the team you are with/against? That is just on a personal level. Wars are a clan event. If your clan doesn't think they are ready for a war due to not enough online, no buffs, etc etc, then why would they Q for a war in the first place?
RF_17,

I think the rules are mostly fair, but it will not fix the problem of someone always being the weakest and not gaining heroism. Then they decide to quit, and then someone else is the weakest and eventually there will be no wars again. A small fraction of heroism for losing a fight might not be the best solution, but it is still better than what is currently presented.
Rubido,
Why is it a problem that someone is the weakest and someone is the strongest...this is always the way, in fact it has to be this way...it mimics life.

Read my original post. There are not that many active clans with players that are not full of alts. Also read ihit's posts that heroism is meant to be hard to come by and not 'glorified valor'. If you want heroism then get in SBs or get 6 of you in a boat and come and hunt me at sea the same as 9th have done a couple of times and beaten me. I say 6, as 4 of them I can beat on my own.

Why should such a key part of the game in heroism and upgrades be changed because it is hard to get?
RF_17,
And when all the prey moves on the hunter either moves on or dies, that is the way of life too. So when all the players that can not compete and move on have fun being the only clan here.

Why should such a key part of the game in heroism and upgrades be changed because it is hard to get? Sometimes things have to adapt or become extinct.
Rubido,
There are more ways than ever to get heroism. You have ships yes? So get on a ship with 6 of your buddies and go hunting. Game has adapted...seems like you haven't.
Clara Korn,
I have no issues with you clara. I disagree with the idea of punishment for not fighting. We disagree on the theory but its not a personal attack to have a different opinion. And to point out it is just my opinion. nothing to do with Ninth. If I was in VS, AS, one purpose (love the name) I will still talk and stand where I do. I do not speak for Ninth. Only Lance does. But I will always voice my opinion. Yes I know you've been on both sides. I know many that have.

We debate on here but really just for us. I don't think it influences the admins in one way or the other. It has been pointed out to me by friends, a lot of what we say has been said 100's of time in 100's of ways. But we end up at same point. I'm Italian and just like a good debate. lol only reason i comment.

Instead of insults and fighting we should explain why it is beneficial for this point or another.

Yes I take jabs at elitist a lot. But they have changed the way i play the game by their actions. Not all. I do have friends on my list who are elitist and I have no intention to have them off it just because of their clan. Good people are good people and this is just a game that I could stop playing if need be.

If people don't like my comments because it is different then explain why I should change my opinion. What benefits me to make me want to do that or this. If you don't like my comments in main. put me on ignore lol. It won't hurt my feelings and I won't bother anyone. If people listen to me then part of them think the way I do. I don't force people to agree or disagree with me. They are free to make their own opinion.

Be more persuasive in your argument and mine will be mute. Simple solution.

I wonder if RF and Clara Korn would sing the same tune if they were in a lesser clan. It is very easy to take the high road and act tough when you stack your clan with all the top players and then want a rule where you cannot choose to not fight knowing you don't have the slightest chance to win or even put up a decent fight. If you are true to your word both of you start a clan and then go against your old clan and see how much fun that is?
After all we are all here to have fun aren't we?
RF_17
Due to no financial penalties and no seal of defeat, I would suggest there should be some penalty if a clan doesn't fight even when they have hit the 'I want to fight button'.

Yep, 100% agree. All clans would do this if they think they have no chance to win. Some clans purposing to do this "we hide in clan hall or log out" methods wouldnt like it if all clans did it to them.

MUST be a huge penilty like removing HoP for x amount of days after warning (s).
Clans dont have to click the war button. If they do they should bring there A game.
NooberixI wonder if RF and Clara Korn would sing the same tune if they were in a lesser clan. It is very easy to take the high road and act tough when you stack your clan with all the top players and then want a rule where you cannot choose to not fight knowing you don't have the slightest chance to win o reven put up a decent fight. If you are true to your word both of you start a clan and then go against your old clan and see how much fun that is?
After all we are all here to have fun aren't we?

Its an easy thing if u don´t want a war don´t queue its not like u get forced to click the "i wanna fight button". And i have already fought wars against elitists. It was always pretty fun. As well i have been part of a newly founded clan. And i would be always willing to loose every 4th or 5th war against elitists and fight the others.
And some of the big clans should be able to win fights against elitists if they would have a decent organisation in wars.

Neverwin[QNAMEF kind="s" gender="m"]RF_17:[/QNAMEF]
Due to no financial penalties and no seal of defeat, I would suggest there should be some penalty if a clan doesn't fight even when they have hit the 'I want to fight button'.

Yep, 100% agree. All clans would do this if they think they have no chance to win. Some clans purposing to do this "we hide in clan hall or log out" methods wouldnt like it if all clans did it to them.

MUST be a huge penilty like removing HoP for x amount of days after warning (s).
Clans dont have to click the war button. If they do they should bring there A game.

Or just a contribution-ish thing where the clan has to pay a debt(to the game not the winning clan) before they can queue up again
At Clara yes you may have fought against elists but yet now you are one of them?? What happened tired of loosing? You being in elists now gives more value to my point doesn't it?
Neverwin,
haha you always want to fight... think the rachini is eyeing you again lol
There are 13 level 3 clan that want wars, Challeging wars, not slaughter wars. We want the fun back in the game. I agree there should be some type of penality if we decide to party in the hall rather than have to go up against a clan we can not even win a fight with. There is always the next one. Some one will win some one will loose. No clan should have ever been under a seal of defeat .. the clans that worked together could have always come up with the money. We had some kickass wars and win or loose we had fun that's the big thing people are over looking. It not a me me forum, if you have made your bed and that of your clans as a result.. get over yourself.. its not about you.. its about the rest of DE that want our game back. Most of us are not secretly sitting around plotting on how to stop people from getting heroism... we don't care about your heroism.. we care about ours and the inability to be able to get it,

Is sad enough that admin has had to intervene just to get us moving again, as a result we all know that the end result will be win some loose some, They can't makes us all happy. But let them give us our button so we can do SOMETHING besides watch good players continue to get bored with the drama and paranoia and threats. If you take all the alts out of the picture, DE has lost a lot of players.

Not every clan can afford to be high dollar cashiers. Don't make them weak or cowards. And they want to fight just as much as the rest of DE. They just want to win some fights.. plain and simple. Same with seabattles, not get bc'd for a lose or not joining to begin with, or joining "with out permission".. so many random excuses ... then bitch when the next one don't go through.

This form was for thoughts on wars, we gave them many, not to air the personal hardon's some have for each other

And as to those waiting on "payment" from nonactive level one clans that should have never been declared on to begin with.. the heroism they racked in should be more than enough.

@ihit...we want wars back, please no over laps of events, consider time zones for all of the world no shrinking of clans, we have all worked hard to be with people we can have fun with (good luck)
sigh.....now I hope everyone has finished with bickering and gets back to the main point of this post. Do we agree with the changes Admins want to make? IF not - then give reason why.

1. Dislike Wednesday time because it is 3pm US in my area and I am at work. But that is fine because there are others it is a perfect time for. I like the Saturday time and can make that easily. So its a 50/50 :) But I see many are upset about Wednesday and DOT....since I am at work it does not bother me, but I would think you would not want the 2 overlapping.

2. I really think you should reconsider giving a "small" percentage of heroism for the losing side in battles. It will still keep people active in battles even if they know the war is lost in the end. It will NOT make heroism a glorified valor.....it is a small enticement so that wars do not die out again.

3. I am intrigued by the idea of a war lottery. Interesting idea and cuts out a lot of political & underhanded bs that used to go on in game.

4. I like how others have posted a small penalty for those that que and then not fight. A certain number of damage to be done or warning given....next time - inability to participate in wars for a month or monetary compensation to game.

5. 2 hours is beautiful! 4 hours was a bit much.

6. Love that there is ability to gain sydian and clan reputation.....even small amounts add up over time. Will be interesting to see the amounts and nice touch that the losing side will gain some as well. But then again refer back to #2.

Thank you for taking the time to re-invent the wars........Now lets get this baby going soon
Ihit 
Appreciate the thought and effort for admin to make wars better. A good step in the right direction with the suggested updates to clan wars. My thoughts on just a few issues:

Addition of a new clan war time is good. For us in the Far East, it's around 4am Wednesdays and 11pm Saturdays with the latter being nice. I'm not sure if any of these are good for the Americans though who make up a big part of the game, so you might want to rethink about it or add a 3rd time?  And just thinking out of the box...why restrict wars to just that couple of hours?  Other mmorpg games have it over a period of days; it's spreading out that 2hr intensity over manageable bite sizes that also caters to different time zones.  Might just want to give it a little thought. 

The additional events and quests like "destroy a caravan with ammunition" is a very nice idea to get clan inclusivity. I note a common problem that the very young in the clan face is, at their low levels, they may not last long in fights. This causes them to be crystal runners instead. But if the clan is losing or not enough mines, they don't feel useful. Ultimately they will not join wars at all and just leave it to the big players. Hence I think adding of such war side quests are a good way to go. Can be a combination of pve and pvp and can be worked nicely into bite-size wars mentioned above.

The variables for clan match-ups needs a lot of thought. Admittedly and pointed out by others earlier, there are few clans who match up against HF and Elitists in the number as well as the might of their players. And while I laud your efforts to put several variables into play to equalise the match-up of clans, inevitably someone will be paired up against them and most likely not be their match, and may choose to forfeit that war. Looking ahead, I'm of the opinion that we will all end up back in square one with wars once more. 

Your task here is to make the quantity and might of players in clans irrelevant for victory.  One suggestion is to shift focus of pvp and of dealing most damage to one aiming to get the most points necessary for victory.  You mentioned "it all depends on your own activity"; I would think depending on how much activity each player does, he should be awarded points accordingly that contributes towards clan war victory.  Both pvp and pve will award points. This way, regardless of individual players' prowess, every clan and member has a fair shot at winning.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale of decreasing clan size.  What is your objective for doing this?  If it is to address the problem of creating a robust clan war ecosystem, then I'm not sure this is the way to go.  There are already a number of existing inactive clans, clan wars do not make an inactive clan active again. 

I see the main issue here is the game as a whole is losing players. You don't need more active clans to participate in wars. You need more active clans and active players. This means 1) making sure your existing players stay in this game and not leave for another game, and 2) attracting new players into the game. You are doing a good job constantly updating the game to address the first, though it is obvious some more needs to be done in other areas..but that is another conversation altogether.  On the second, you need to be attracting new players, which your marketing team has to address.

Thanks for listening.

Regards
LV

I personaly have no probs with the new rules as I will not be able to take part anyway as the times for my time zone mean I have to stay up till 1am and battle till 3am and in the other 1 I have to get up at 4am and battle till 6am think no consideration has been given to some parts of the world just so u know my time zone is G.M.T+9hrs so ihit please take us all into consieration
Lady Violet,

The idea of decreasing clan size is simple. It is to spread out the high dollar cash cows to more clans so they don't all go to one or two clans. That should create more balance in clan wars. Balance fights will keep more players in the game, the concept of retaining active players. Not many players are active in the game anymore. Does anyone understand that statement? Why do u thing they downsized NOVA then they downsized AER if my statement is false? Winning is a good thing but what is the point of winning if ur the last man on earth, no one to gloat too? Is not failing in a hard fight match, then analyze why u fail then focus on fixing it and executing that "fix" by winning more fun and rl learn lesson then just winning all the time?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.