Clan Wars: Discussion

Warriors! We are currently working on brand new clan wars which many of you are waiting for eagerly. We want to make these new changes so that event would be interesting and fair to everyone. Few words on how we're expecting the new clan wars to look.

Main changes from the previous format of Clan Wars:

1) All wars will start twice a week - at 21:00 on Wednesdays and 16:00 Saturdays.
2) Duration of wars reduced to 2 hours.
3) If clan wants to participate in a war Clan Leader or someone with necessary permissions needs to press button "We want to Fight" in diplomacy tab no less than 24 hours before the start.
4) Enemy is chosen automatically using several variables to make the fights as balanced as possible while avoiding putting two same clans one against each other too often. Until the start of war you do not know who you'll fight.
5) Requirements and fight mechanics in general will stay unchanged. However new events like "destroy a caravan with ammunition" that will reward extra points and consumables might be added. Contribution and Seal of Defeat removed completely.
6) If you pressed button that you want to participate in next War day you cannot cancel your participation.
7) Heroism rewards will be doubled from previous wars.

Rewards: Heroism for fights as well as bonus points for most active members in them. Sydian and clan reputation as well as some other rewards. While little bit less than winners losers will also receive both Sydian and Clan Reputation! However only winners will be rewarded with Heroism. It will all depend on your own activity!

From our point of view only few active clans were constantly participating in wars and we'd like to see that changed with new format of Clan Wars and for it to stay active even after first month of changes. We are discussing idea(-s) regards to making clans into full fledged Alliances with Alliance chats while decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan. But we'd like to hear your feedback on this first!
Comments
Looks great!

Edit: I should read more carefully.
WarGecko,

As far as reason goes for your edited question. Heroism for losers is not going to be a thing because we don't want Heroism to be glorified valor.
1) why does it need to be on days we already have events on?. we don't want to loose dots etc

2) time still suck for people in the us, day shift for most goes to 5, afternoons shift starts at 3, people across the pond would have to get up at 3/4 am.. school is just getting for the younger ones, not to mention afterschool activities.

3) all the clans have spent a lot to get there numbers up to 50 members, we gonna get reemubursed if you shrink them back down? See no benefit to this at all.

4) and as for full fledged alliances....no comment
I dislike the decreasing maximum number of people in clan idea. (wtf) But everything seems like a pretty decent update. And are heroism rewards doubled too for stuff like top damage?
while decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan

Why reduce the total number of players in a clan?
Gleanwhile decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan

Why reduce the total number of players in a clan?

It seems like they hope this will increase the number of active clans to participate in wars and such, but it feels like it will just drive players away when they are removed from a clan they've contributed to building into a low level clan with no resources.
I dislike the idea of shrinking a clan. What I would suggest is better chest management / multiple chests and bigger chests.
I, too, don't care for the reduction of clan size, I'm not sure that it serves a useful purpose. Additionally, how would it be decided who stayed and who didn't? Many clans are maxed in size and to lose active members would be bad for clan morale. I also wonder would it be possible to make the wars say Thursday and Sunday, so as to avoid the conflict with DoT, as was previously mentioned by someone.
1) Overlapping DoT & Wars again is not a good thing. Please consider changing the day of one or the other event. People can get locked in a very long DoT boss fight, meaning they have to choose between DoT or War.

Everything else seems great. Random, fun, and good rewards will make wars much more popular.

Changing the number of clan members, we'd make it work, though you'll be forcing the big clans to kick smaller members, therefore smaller members may just quit. If you change the focus to fixing clan chest security so we can help new clan members faster, we might find more people wanting to be in a clan, making it easier for us to keep 50 active members. People who feel needed and trusted by a clan are more likely to stay and play a lot longer. ">
Part 2 of that, alliances. I have been in alliances and have no desire to get into another one. I'll be blunt here, for my clan to ally with another clan, the best plan would be for us to take over one of the 'dead' clans and really we'd just end up running 2 clans with 2 clan chests to fill and 2 for people to steal from. I truly believe that working on the suggestions that we have made over and over again regarding clan security would help the game far more than changing the number of people allowed in a clan. ">
Another note if we decide to further expand idea with more clans/alliances by decreasing total numbers - you won't be paired against your allies in new model. However judging by current feedback on both servers this option of reducing members into smaller clans/alliances is very unlikely to happen now.
Contribution and Seal of Defeat removed completely.

So does this mean no fees for winning or losing wars?
I like it, appears to be well thought out and addresses many of the issues with previous war system... well done! Now where's the button?
ShOcKwAvE,

Except the costs of consumables/buffs - yes. Please note that the better consumables and buffs you'll use the more you'll be rewarded is what are expecting to do as well.

Bubbagorn,

Soon enough. We're still gathering feedback and ideas from players.
Just eliminate the alliances completely, not like they ever even participated in many of the previous wars anyhow.
Bubbagorn,
"> +1

Looking forward to this, a lot. Send a thanks to all that worked on the plan, it does seem you worked hard to come up with something fun, though I'm sure we'll find something to complain about once it starts "> But Yes, Please, Give us the button asap!
Sounds great and looking forward to it. ">">
Lets enjoy killing each other in a new war system.
Tissue Boxes will be handed out accordingly.
Buff Hard, Play Hard, & Enjoy. ">(black_beer)">
IhitHowever judging by current feedback on both servers this option of reducing members into smaller clans/alliances is very unlikely to happen now.

Thats too bad...Thought it would bring balance. Shocking valorian clans oppose this. Would stop fraction jumping and maybe force some Sadar to go back.
Clan leaders would have easier time managing clan and would be more selective on who joins clan.

Then again what do I know. Kill them all or die trying.

NeverwinIhitHowever judging by current feedback on both servers this option of reducing members into smaller clans/alliances is very unlikely to happen now.

Thats too bad...Thought it would bring balance. Shocking valorian clans oppose this. Would stop fraction jumping and maybe force some Sadar to go back.
Clan leaders would have easier time managing clan and would be more selective on who joins clan.

Then again what do I know. Kill them all or die trying.

I'm neither for or against. Can see it both ways. The combined alliance chat helps with the concern of losing daily chat with friends, so it's mostly just an issue of resource access (boats, armor, jewlery, etc).
Bubbagorn,

Soon enough. We're still gathering feedback and ideas from players.

Is it done yet?.................................... is it done yet?.....................">................. is it done yet? ">
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.