Clan Wars: Discussion

Warriors! We are currently working on brand new clan wars which many of you are waiting for eagerly. We want to make these new changes so that event would be interesting and fair to everyone. Few words on how we're expecting the new clan wars to look.

Main changes from the previous format of Clan Wars:

1) All wars will start twice a week - at 21:00 on Wednesdays and 16:00 Saturdays.
2) Duration of wars reduced to 2 hours.
3) If clan wants to participate in a war Clan Leader or someone with necessary permissions needs to press button "We want to Fight" in diplomacy tab no less than 24 hours before the start.
4) Enemy is chosen automatically using several variables to make the fights as balanced as possible while avoiding putting two same clans one against each other too often. Until the start of war you do not know who you'll fight.
5) Requirements and fight mechanics in general will stay unchanged. However new events like "destroy a caravan with ammunition" that will reward extra points and consumables might be added. Contribution and Seal of Defeat removed completely.
6) If you pressed button that you want to participate in next War day you cannot cancel your participation.
7) Heroism rewards will be doubled from previous wars.

Rewards: Heroism for fights as well as bonus points for most active members in them. Sydian and clan reputation as well as some other rewards. While little bit less than winners losers will also receive both Sydian and Clan Reputation! However only winners will be rewarded with Heroism. It will all depend on your own activity!

From our point of view only few active clans were constantly participating in wars and we'd like to see that changed with new format of Clan Wars and for it to stay active even after first month of changes. We are discussing idea(-s) regards to making clans into full fledged Alliances with Alliance chats while decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan. But we'd like to hear your feedback on this first!
Comments
KalpurniaWhy not have clan wars on Thursdays and Sunday's, so they do not interfere with Duels of Truth? Make the Thursday wars coincide with early evenings in the US, and the Sunday wars could be earlier in the day. If you spread out the events, we can participate in more of them.
Sunday would leave out any players that attend church in United States
RubidoKalpurniaWhy not have clan wars on Thursdays and Sunday's, so they do not interfere with Duels of Truth? Make the Thursday wars coincide with early evenings in the US, and the Sunday wars could be earlier in the day. If you spread out the events, we can participate in more of them.
Sunday would leave out any players that attend church in United States

No offense but they can't please everyone. The only way for them to 99% (cause nothing is perfect) please people in the US is to make a US server but do to all the other servers merged I don't see that happening. As it is people that play in the US (including me) have adjusted and figured out ways that work for them.
Hopefully the times of Battle Steel and Grand Heroism will be set up to include war times on Saturdays.
Just wondering what happens when there is an odd amounts of clans in queue for war? Or when every clan is matched up but two (or one) alliance clan(s) is/are left? Please don't say that the clan(s) are left out
I think to time of the wednesday war is a bad choice as it interferes with the dot.

The only way i would be ok with making clans smaller would be denying the clan to accept new members until the fall und the new member limit, without them having to kick out members to reach the new limit
@ihit

Ok my take on things (hopefully it doesn't cue the usual mass hysteria when I dare to post ).

I think the Wednesday time and day are wrong. I would suggest Tuesday at 2100 instead. That way it doesn't interfere with any significant event. I think the Saturday 1600 is an excellent time, and just so everyone is clear I won't be able to make that slot every week so I have no vested interest there.

Doubling of heroism I don't agree with. The issue here as we have seen with sea battles is that some don't go to SBs to prevent people getting heroism if they think they can't win. If heroism is doubled for wars then it is not hard to imagine the scenario where some choose not to fight at all if paired with a matchup they don't like so the opposing clan gets no heroism or sydian from fights at all.

I don't think any of the changes will make wars much more appealing over the medium to longer term, However I guess it will depend on the sydian rewards per fight. If they are significant per fight, then I can see that people will see it as worthwhile.

I think shortening wars to 2h is excellent and will encourage more to go all out. I love the idea that you don't know who you will fight until it starts.

Don't agree (predictably) that there are no contributions. I said long ago that there should be some flex contributions where clan leaders can agree a cost pre war (within a band). For this server many small clans are just filled with alts anyway, so I don't see that the changes will encourage more wars between more clans. Maybe it will work better for terra.

Due to no financial penalties and no seal of defeat, I would suggest there should be some penalty if a clan doesn't fight even when they have hit the 'I want to fight button'. Something similar perhaps to the warnings people get in sea battles when they don't do enough damage, and then the potential to get banned. This would make it clear that if you submit to a war then the intention is that the clan will actually fight in that war. This is the only way I could see that you make it fair for all clans that say they want a war. What the penalty should be I don't know, but I really think this point needs to be thought through. Many in this forum have already voiced the negative tactics that will inevitably be deployed.

I shall not go into others opinions on this forum, I may disagree but it is a forum for everyone's opinions and should be left as such.

RF

RF_17@ihit

Due to no financial penalties and no seal of defeat, I would suggest there should be some penalty if a clan doesn't fight even when they have hit the 'I want to fight button'. Something similar perhaps to the warnings people get in sea battles when they don't do enough damage, and then the potential to get banned. This would make it clear that if you submit to a war then the intention is that the clan will actually fight in that war. This is the only way I could see that you make it fair for all clans that say they want a war. What the penalty should be I don't know, but I really think this point needs to be thought through. Many in this forum have already voiced the negative tactics that will inevitably be deployed.

I think here is made an important point that people who queue up for a war shouldn´t be allowed to just hide in clan all war long just cauze they dont like who they are matched against
Clara Korn,
Then people will stop joining all together and then we have SB's for Wars.
A big +10 to RF's idea of some sort of penalty for not fighting or underperforming similar to Sea Battles.

Even if it is simply a score/statistic that flags them with a big "L" for "Lazy" (or Loser). Many options on the mechanics, but this is a very good point
Trongster,
Haha only clan hurt by people not fighting is Elitist. Everyone else it is a benefit. Don't think we should curtail new wars to one clan. And people can log off or life can interrupt even if you planned to war. So no, I don't believe any penalty should exist. Just part of the game. I didn't mind the seal because was nice income for clan chest/store.
ReaghnfTrongster,
Haha only clan hurt by people not fighting is Elitist. Everyone else it is a benefit.

hf has a ton of surrenders in their history and i remember a lot of clans surrendering to ninth as well, so i pretty much think it could hit all three clans in that regard
Clara Korn,
true we do get a lot but doesn't bother me. Nor do I think they should be punished for not wanting to fight. I never expect people to sacrifice their gear or gold for benefit of others who demand it.
ReaghnfTrongster,
Haha only clan hurt by people not fighting is Elitist. Everyone else it is a benefit.

LOL not true. If Ninth and AS get put together and AS sits in clan hall, it would hurt Ninth, would it not?
Same goes if it's someone against AS that has decided to never "feed" me any heroism.
It is all the same as Sea Battles. We do need a system in place that admins decide on and tell us all beforehand. If Clan doesn't put any effort into the war, there should be a penalty for it. If you don't intend to fight EVERYONE possible, then sit out of wars and I will gladly recruit any active smurfs that would like heroism!

Also, as part of the random opponents, will it even be possible for a level 3 clan to fight a level 1 clan? ">
I agree with RF. I have noticed how hard it is to get a clan to fight against us. It makes it hard to get herosium so. I also think Wensday is wrong day to overlap with dot, maybe thursday would be better or tuesday for wars.
Storm Kat,
You can't force people to log on and you can't force people to fight. So all this is mute. Make a stiff penalty and it will just be HF/Elite sitting in war que. And the end of wars will follow. No penalty will make it like a lottery. Whoever gets elite just don't war that week and everyone else benefits. Greater good is to let rest of Adan war without worry of penalty. A penalty will discourage from people waring and in the end.. the end of wars.
autum winterI agree with RF. I have noticed how hard it is to get a clan to fight against us. It makes it hard to get herosium so. I also think Wensday is wrong day to overlap with dot, maybe thursday would be better or tuesday for wars.
People don't want to fight you because they never win any fights and lose resources and get gear damage. There is no point.
Rubido,
Don't forget they BC your clan non stop if you don't.

They've kind of brought this on themselves. Their situation of no wars.
Reaghnf,
Then we're right back to step one, where clans are negotiating with each other to get people to play. Getting bc'd for not fighting, instead of going back to seal of defeat, doesn't sound fun to me. I would much rather have a Game Controlled punishment in place, that we can work with and know exactly what to expect in advance. But, I guess that doesn't really prevent the BC after either lol

At this point, I wait and see how much sydian per fight, as that is really all that has changed for my clan. We fight all other clans, with deals in place, and I hope that doesn't change.

Questions still waiting for answers on:
Curious - What is going to happen to all the current dead clans with contributions pending? Will the clans owed to ever see payment?
More Curious Questions. Sydian awards - Will those be handed to individuals? Or will it be a clan award given to clan chest/leader?
Also, as part of the random opponents, will it even be possible for a level 3 clan to fight a level 1 clan?
Storm Kat,

I might be interested in fighting if I got 1/10 of heroism in a losing fight but otherwise the other rewards are just a carrot on a stick when fighting Elitist
Rubido,
I sincerely look forward to getting matched up with IE, we always had a good time and both sides had to work our butts off for wins!!! Can't wait! Hopefully the Sydian awards will make it worth while to fight everyone, all the time!
autum winter,
If Elitists will be playing nice, there's no reason for any clan not to go out and try (except, of course, to block heroism, as RF already stated). I can state, truly, that Elitists are 1 clan that has never broken any deal they have made with me..Considering I once got a heroism bonus with my level 19 alt while in Ninth vs Elitists, noone should be surprised if AS fights harder than most clans. But, the odds of the game putting AS vs Elitists seems pretty slim. In no way do we match up, and it'll probably be another year of hard work before we're even close. We will see what the game does, and hope for some fun.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.