An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

my bad have u on ignore woops
duckonqwack1,

So go ahead, change your pots and fight.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

i dont care mindless... i got nothing to prove.... if ya gotta show everyone how macho you are and bc me then fine.....thanks again mindless.... you are a big help
duckonqwack1,

You talk so much shit, and then this is what you say?
Pathetic waste of time.
Later.
WhiteFox,

In America, we have a computer game call FarmVille, just tell all of them to play that game instead.
OK lets try to be serious now.
Your old ass is white on the fox dart yet again. People complain that the DE nova community is boring and find new ways to make it exciting again but you guys keep on driving the young guns whom are eager to learn out of the game. Human nature is when u get angry, do not go after the strong person, instead go after the weaker person. Human nature is an idiot. The real world is such a mess because of this exact attitude, that is why most of ya are here to escape from the idiot. A 14 year old kid has more maturity and insight than most of this community combine. He might have be a bit autistic in the fact he gets bored very easily and used vulgarity and rude behaviors to get a rise out of you people so he won't get bored. I however only use vulgarity and toilet humor to fight back against in game warriors that are stronger than me cause I rather spend my thousands of dollars on spicy foods and spicier candies, the eye kind which I can touch and feel all the curves that candy has before crushing dat sweet dang.
ThisNsihT,
then tell us how things are done in the AER community
lol Novi dont fear your puppy has been found.

I wish I had taken advantage of these threads when we were being bc'd to no end by 9th Novi and Arcane.I cant remember it getting so personal though.
MTDill,'
isn't it funny though how we didn't need to use them though....we never cried when we got hit
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

i honestly didn't care what we said earlier lol i just wanted you to show everyone who the real bully is....
MTDill,
it never did but they did become a 3 ring circus even then
MTDill,

BC'ing is not bullying.
Or else why is it an option to BC.

---
It's just we've been getting everlasting complains about it, when we're just reacting to you guys bullying..
Threating to war clan/BC, until we fight without protection.
Keeping the mines to yourself and not sharing with any other clans till recently I think 1-2 with Legacy, basically keeping them between sadar, and BC'ing us & hexing us when we take them.

--
You guys just started this yourself honestly.
You start the BC's
You hex first.
You didn't share any mines, and we want/need sydian.
Just because we decide to take action for it...does not mean we are bullies.

duckonqwack1,

I'm not a bully.
I'm just not afraid.
Mindless sorry but I dont remember me speaking about any of that honestly, I was just referring to a different time that Novi and Arcane would remember but thanks for the info.
Wait, wait, wait, wait wait..... WAIT!!! If Novi's puppy was found, what the !%$@#$ did I eat for lunch??? On a separate subject, has anyone seen my cat? Or my eyeglasses?
lol that was not puppy Skippy
everone love everone ">">
MTDilllol Novi dont fear your puppy has been found.

I wish I had taken advantage of these threads when we were being bc'd to no end by 9th Novi and Arcane.I cant remember it getting so personal though.

Ikr!!! Wynd used to pm me hugzzzz before he bc'd me, and MIF would give me flowers
lol I still don't know why HF was attacking AS....I logged on one day and was taking /adding things to my tavern room and boom I'm getting bc-ed and everyone starts trash talking everyone & acting like 12 year olds and chaos starts for 2 days. I'm from AER server, so i like a good fight as much as anyone else,(I've done my fair share) but i was ganged up on by higher lvls every time...so no fun at all, all this bickering is just driving people from the game. less drama please
duckonqwack1,

_Mindless_Prodigy_,

[-snip-] you used to be friends (face palm) see what dragon eternity does to you

Marcus Aurelius IV,

meh we have always been frienemies lol
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.