An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
NovinhaBut....but.... ">">">">">">">

i will be right over to help you find your puppy. and shame on skippy for implying he ate you puppy
bravo Valor. seriously. I couldnt agree more with what you just said. My dad was a US Marine for 18yrs. And I watched as some memories ate him up. There is nothing 'cool' about taking another person's life. My dad was no coward because he joined. He was one of the bravest men I've ever known. And nothing will tarnish that memory.

Valor_King, I give you kudos for posting that. Well-worded and well said. bravo!!
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

i repeat my previous statement..... i feel for ya.... i know it must not be easy for ya and i'm sorry for ya
I found a puppy and will sit in Winery hoping the owner comes and claim him.
duckonqwack1,

I don't even know how to respond to that.
It was so stupid, idk...
Was it suppose to offend me or something?
lol, it's alright. It'll be alright duck! Your clans gold is safe...it's in our clan chest, don't worry. It's safe.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

its okay bud I understand I am sorry for ya
Valor_King,

You missed the point. It IS cowardly to not join the military if all you can do is talk about how this is a "war game" and shit.

Novinha,

You're just another sadar fuck.
[QNAMEF kind="v" gender="m"]Marcus Aurelius IV:[/QNAMEF]Marcus the Wise here.

Time and time again you never seem to learn to watch your mouth. Go back to TF2 and have fun there.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

thanks you bro i owe you one
duckonqwack1,

Why are you still trying to offend me with this barley though out crap?
lol, when it doesn't even make any sense.
Oh, and can you thank bubba for me when you get the chance, my laptop froze, and I went to sleep last night, and woke up with a red curse, the one that reduces physical attack, with only 6 hours left on it, sucks I know. So I used it to run an eye, which helped tons!
Thank you Bubba!
Can't edit my post since in mobile so making a second post. This thread is dead/very far off from original intent I would guess. Now it's just mindless vs duck. ...plus marcus?
1 - HellFire, I loved being in your clan for as long as I was. I miss it there greatly. But I see for myself now why Ninth is so angry with you. In the last week I have had to put many of you on Ignore, since that is MY way of dealing with childish name calling. I am very glad that a few of you have taken the time to approach and chat again, but I know this will be a long healing process. You have forced people to leave my clan and in fact forced a very good, and hard working, friend of mine to leave the game. I Fully Accept that you are angry with Me for things that I Did. BC'ing is part of the game, I've understood that for a long time, but your goal of destroying clans would never help the game at all. I haven't been around long enough to witness any clan destructions by sadar, but from what I've been told, all you accomplished was making the active and good people go to other clans, and take their anger and resentment with them. I hope you will allow AS to continue to grow peacefully and I hope that one day we can restore the friendships we had, even if we can never get the alliance back.

2 - Ninth has all along described actions that hurt other clans as "Business, not personal". I have had professional business deals with Ninth, some have worked out, some have not. AS will not merge with Ninth nor ally with them, we will also not stand against them as they are doing what they feel needs to be done and they have that right. They have not bullied AS, Ninth is simply doing what they think is best for Ninth, which is to attempt to get all the Best and Shiniest and Most Active players possible in Ninth clan. Ninth does not bc people until they feel they have no choice but to join Ninth. Ninth uses words and promises to get the people they want, regardless of how weak this would leave other clans. This has been my experience with Ninth and I have no objections to how they run their clan, this is all part of the game and noone should be surprised that sometimes people switch clans. I wish Ninth the best of luck making the greatest clan they can.

3 - Demon_Fury, The Fallen, Inferno Elite - Why in the world you would Ever join in a bc fight between HF and AS is absolutely beyond me. HF did not need you, not even close, so why bother? HF is allied with Elitists, we expected them to show up, but not the rest of you. Ask any Vaalor clan, I did not ask for help. AS was for many many days fighting with HF, JUST US, because the best thing to do was to take my 'punishment'. A couple people from Ninth had decided they had seen enough and started helping, can you blame them? Watch AS bleed everyday after 3 of us had visited Ninth, how could HF or anyone else expect them to stay out of it? I was actually proud of Ninth for waiting as long as they did, I know that was hard for them. But even with the help WE WERE STILL LOSING the fights against just HF. Other sadar clans, you joined into fights that were already one sided and you were not needed. I spoke only to kingmp, but not a word to the rest of you because I assume this was 'business not personal'. If you then took it to a personal level with Ninth, than why are you surprised Ninth is now retaliating?

I have, and will continue, to do what needs to be done to keep my clan peaceful and growing. We should all be more focused on our own internal affairs, keeping people active and in the game, and making it fun for all. Children - Please leave the name calling at the playground. Adults - use the ignore button. And friendly or not - I will see you all at war, I hope AS always puts up the greatest fights, and we all enjoy the ride! ">
Storm Kat,
we joined when a member of your clan attacked thefallen. pm me in game if you want to know more about it. this forum thread has turned into a 3 ringed circus
everone just love everone ">">lol
ArcanePaladin,
Will definitely pm you after my dinner. Thanks for the offer, you can imagine my surprise when DF showed up

Marcus Aurelius IV,
As much as I miss you, comments like the one you made to Novi are not missed at all. Please play nice.... how many times have I had to ask that ">

duckonqwack1, _Mindless_Prodigy_,
You two should take this to Knossos, winner gets to fight me ">">
I'd like to ask why do we attack the little toons in a clan just trying to do HoP and make a buck to buy some elixirs because of the actions of the higher levels in their clan? They have nothing to do with the clan fights the majority of the time yet high levels will hit them to hurt their leaders cause of something they did.
Recent Example: I just started playing again recently and was under attack from red spheres from bubbagorn, and if he wants to hit me that's okay by me. My response was to join Ninth in a war with HF since that seemed like the best way to retaliate back. I made this decision on my own and talked a couple people into coming with for fun. (it's a war game) Then came back to AS got bc'd a few times by dassdass no big deal it's just a fight. But then all the violence and chaos on peaceful members of clans ruins it for them. If someone just wants to hang out and do some farming and not get involved why not let them? Don't drive out any more of the starting to play the game people let's teach them instead so more arenas and sea battles will start up

I hope this changes cause it would be a lot more fun to have island fights, set up ambushes , hunt down other ships, mine fights, and become a lot more strategic of a game at the higher levels. Rather than do any of the above and we punish your low levels in the clan.

Let us fight without having 24 hour red curses on level 12-30s? ">">(black_beer)

Like to add the recent example was just an example HF is not the only clan that lights up lower levels. Hell i'll even admit i've done it in the past, but will change my shady ways. ">
dragoneternity.com/game/fight.php?id=543afa1e-de11-0401-9cd4-c95fb8838b47
Theres the proof Duck can't beat me.
Bites off too much than he can chew.
Needs clan.
Storm Kat,

I'm the winner. He needs clan.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

i had lesser pots only lol.... all that proves is my clan can actually win a fight
duckonqwack1,

I offered you a re-do, to change your pots.
but no response, because you know it would't make a difference.
No, it doesn't really prove your clan can win a fight.
if your clan could really win, then why did they get slammed in war? Exactly.
All it proves is you can't win without clan, and the pots is no reason to lose BECAUSE I offered you a re-do.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.