An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
i just have one big question i think we all are wondering..... why do you even make this in the first place..... like what are you trying to accomplish by making this thread???
World War 3 in De
Further proof that this game needs a "tissue box" gift ;)
i think you guys have gotten off topic....the puppy is in the box in winery and being fed. skippy your cat is in the tavern room being lazy and you ate a chicken.....made by grabber (i wouldnt trust his cooking if i were you). as for the joining the military....nothing wrong with wanting to serve your country but those in the military do not kill because they want to...they do it because the person on the other side is shooting back at them not cause its fun. as for the bc thing.....we bc each over drama.....get over it....IE helped fallen cause fallen has helped us before. dont drag us into drama cause we no likey political drama (i admit to thriving on stupid drama in main cause its funny). fill free to bc each other reason or not...at the end of the day its a game...though repeated bc for days on end is annoying as hell please just solve the drama problem and not get back at each other....and come on...farmville? i wouldnt survive on a farm choose something easier for me to play!.....thats my opinion on the issue
Whoa.... puppy is in a box? (flashes back to Brad Pitt overacting) What's in THE BOX?!??!?
GHOST ZER0,

Yeah. Your clan could use one. Like...A Tissue Exchanger, instead of the Dedaire Exchanger. You cry over the exchanger, your tears go down, and it gives you tissues.
I can see why gecko said he wouldn't respond, because it would start a flame war.
As you can see....it already has.
See you at tax time.
duckonqwack1,

Try reading it and you'll know.
I have a feeling you came here just to argue.
because if you asked that, then you obviously didn't read it...
See you at tax time. ">
everone love everone">">
Natives are tax exempt ;)
Unca KRUG used to PM "time for a whoopin boy"
Sir Gazza,
"> this is all so fun reading but I dont have the slightest idea whats happening lmao
this is all somuch fun reading but I dont have the slightest idea whats going on lmao "> "> cheers
TENDO_PAIN,
well...basically HF starts killing AS......then 9th starts killing HF..then more clans get involved and everyone started killing everyone for 2 days lol Welcome to Dragon Eternity Drama Central !!! ">
Anyone wants popcorn?
Novinha,
I know Marcus says some stupid sh*t but I never thought even he could sink to such a low level.
Marcus Aurelius IV,
How about you go and join the military (obviously when your old enough) there are people that fight for their country. I still can't believe a 14 year old person would say that. It is in no way cowardly to not join the military. I'm sure you wouldn't take a gun to someones head, you've said some seriously stupid shit, but this by far was the stupidest, just fu*k off back to your TF2.
And im sure you will all agree with me on this one Vaalor and Sader alike, Novinha is not just a "sader fuck" as Marcus put it, she is one of the most awesome, kindest and sweetest people in the game, and that my friends, is a fact
I know ill probably get forum silenced for this but this needs to be said

MARCUS FUCK OFF
I found a puppy on my sofa... can I keep it?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.