An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
(black_beer) Well said.
Bleh, (black_beer) Well said.
Well put. Unfortunately as long as those who Know this is a problem remain silent (and thus in their silence support and perpetuate the behaviors of those they privately proclaim to disapprove of and frown upon) I suspect it will continue. I suspect many know my personal take on this issue.">
well said boss
let me close your letter then. No one threatens my clan. And you did and on top of that raven. So now ask yourself if you aren't a bully. just because you think you can push people around doesn't its going to happen
ArcanePaladinlet me close your letter then. No one threatens my clan. And you did and on top of that raven. So now ask yourself if you aren't a bully. just because you think you can push people around doesn't its going to happen

I think you missed the point of this thread. Also, is has nothing to do with you. Please feel free to create your own thread if you'd like, but do not change the topic of this one.
Just because i fight against AS with my allied clan you decide to threaten me...and you say your no bully. no 9th was even in that fight but you threaten me so again....you say your no bully. i used to respect you until you threatened my clan. now no more...
Lance CorpusArcanePaladinlet me close your letter then. No one threatens my clan. And you did and on top of that raven. So now ask yourself if you aren't a bully. just because you think you can push people around doesn't its going to happen

I think you missed the point of this thread. Also, is has nothing to do with you. Please feel free to create your own thread if you'd like, but do not change the topic of this one.

If gecko is talking about bullies then yes it does...gecko thinks he can threaten me. that is a bully tactic and i NEVER would have done that to him
Lance CorpusArcanePaladinlet me close your letter then. No one threatens my clan. And you did and on top of that raven. So now ask yourself if you aren't a bully. just because you think you can push people around doesn't its going to happen

well said, hes just another drama queen.
tl;dr
Rubido,
I second that motion.
I'd like to request a fact check by an independent party...
tl;dr

What does that mean?
well lets break this wide open so everyone knows the truth..... i have many leaders of clans that have told me that you have offered protection in return for them wanting to be your feeder.....you say you are not a bully and act like its such a big deal that we are hitting those that help you....my good friends at the fallen helped us in one fight and they did 3k dmg total because we were already winning and you threaten and ended up declaring on them for doing 3k damage.... and you call us the bully.....You say that you only want it to be even again but that's not what u said when u were recruiting for the war against us... you were saying that you wanted to retake control of the game.... that sounds like power hungry to me..... you say that we are bullies cause we are the "wealthy" players..... i remember when ninth used to be just as strong if not stronger then Hf, i wasn't in HF at this time yet and everyday i logged on and i got bcd by you guys... not even the same person.... whenever i asked why the only responses id get was "well maybe if u weren't in such a week clan then maybe we wouldn't be able to hit you".....at least we have a reason for hitting you... you hit me and my clan for no reason..... so ask yourself again... who is the bully here.......

And people, do you really think its going to be better with ninth in charge..... they bc for no reason... we bc for a reason...... just like us bcing AS, even Kat said "i know i screwed up and i get why you are mad at me, so go ahead and hit us".....so how is that bullying.....I know its a surprise but usually when you hit someone, they hit back, and if they are bigger they hit harder.

So lets not act like you didn't know we were going to do this... you instigated.... we hit back.... simple as that....

If any questions or concerns please do send me a pm or reply to this thread......

I think the best quote to go with this is from my friend ghost...."Those who trumpet their sufferings are usually most deserving of agony"

Thanks, Ducky

9th legion has always been bullies in this game even with different clan leaders about time they got what was coming to them.

only reason why you made this forum is because some clans finally got tired of your bullying and are kicking your butt.

Ironic123tl;dr

What does that mean?

"Too long; didn't read"
TrongsterIronic123tl;dr

What does that mean?

"Too long; didn't read"

Thank you. I'm not up to date with all the abbreviations that people use these days either in game or in real life yet lol
Gonna put my personal opinion out there; I've been a member of a lot of clans and have talked with multiple clans about 9th in the past while I was a member and while I was not.

In the beginning we at Predator and then at 9th wanted to be the "backbone of vaalor" so to speak. The good guys and the support people needed. However I do believe that we lost our path on occasion or could have handled some things better. However I also think it would have been impossible to stick to our path at the beginning since eventually you get trapped between a rock and a hard place. Also, as the old adage goes: You can always see what what wrong when you look back. On top of that we were dealing with our own clan issues. There was a lot of frustration and hurt feeling going around. That said I do think 9th track record is still pretty good.

Not sure if what I typed is what I actually wanted to say but I think it is or at least words to that effect. Lots of times things sound better in my head and I have trouble putting them into words. But like I said I've been in lots of clans, even both elitists and 9th; have been a friend to lots of clans/clan leaders and seen things from lots of different angles. If anyone wants to talk about this or anything feel free to pm me and we can talk about it. I don't get angry or rage over stuff in a game, or really in real life for that matter, and this wouldn't be the first time clans have talked with me about 9th and other issues.

hey I heard of a good game called Farmville.....
Lady Neuromancerhey I heard of a good game called Farmville.....

not that good of a game. rather boring. but it does seem quite a bit simpler and less drama doesn't it? lol
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.