An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
Valor_King,

We get it.
Stfu already.
Novi is sweet & stuff. - Marcus said something stupid.
But you're just trying to turn off a fire with gasoline, stop adding to it.
If it's not true, then let it be. He can think what he wants, or know. And as well can you.
And you're a kid yourself, you told me you're 17.
You said what you wanted to be said, it's not like Marcus will respond, yet you keep talking to him like he'll care, or rather, like it matters as you already said what you wanted.
Not saying what you said isn't true. - But seriously. You're driving the train off the track. That isn't the point of this post. Stop acting tough.
Let it go.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
he just doesn't want to get bced
OneLastChance,
Lol
*flexes muscles :P
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
I am not effecting any of you by saying this.
Why would I EVER tell the truth about my age to someone like you.
I'm not trying to ask tough im trying to defend what I believe in.
I'm not "adding gasoline to the fire" as you put it, what im saying about Marcus has absolutely nothing to do with you and what this post is about.
So, you agree with Marcus then?
Valor_King,
I support you for the full 100% about Marcus! Also, your age doesn't matter for being mature ;)
ShieldRaiser,
Stop stealing my posts lol... this is my alt
Valor_King,

I don't agree with Marcus.
But if marcus doesn't have anything to do with this, then how do you? Ya, right, ya don't.
You're going so off-track of what this post is about. Just ignore it.
Move on newb.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
I don't give a shit what you think about whatever I say, why should I? I don't care in the least how much you tell me to "move on". I've been here for 5 years, I think that moves me out of the "noob" zone
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
Now that I think of it, this post isn't about who is stronger you or duck either

So what, you have purple, that just means because your "not a casher" you have a shit ton of spare time on your hands to get gold to trade, and in my opinion strength isn't a good quality of a person, Honor and Loyalty are.
All this reading has giving me blindass. Now I cant see my ass going into work today.
lmao
im just laughing every time I see sir say everyone make love xD
lmao
Tazsy1,
lol
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.