Why would we have a crazy mob attack mines give it all the benefits of being a player char with better health and strength

no other profession has to deal with this why pick on the hardest one
Comments
The one who thought that this is a good idea should walk around to all mining spots and then they will see 90% is taken by barbarians... Just listen for once to us please! Nobody is a fan of this update and even you (the admins) will not be happy with the consequences of this really really bad update.
Yep this is the way to - up a good game...wtg guys i am not spending a single penny here until it is gone...have a nice one. ..
Lets all step back a few steps and try to look at the big picture. OK I am dreaming cause this will not happen. This is a game, most people make in game purchase to get their own way. Most players are long time in game purchasers and this update is NOT getting their own way. Either pause for couple of months or quit game all together. But let me take a stab at why an executive of DE appoint someone to make an update in the prospector profession.
1) Some to most high lvl miners attack low lvl miners to get their mine because of impatience and way stronger can do it and succeed. If that player whom was attacked out of his hard earn coins fight back in anyways. You and your clannies can make that players experience in DE a living hell. This is a game feature update so you and your clannies can not "do a thing" as a payback to what they have done to you.
2) Players are capturing mines and logging to alts to make more coins. This is cutting into DE profit margin.
3) This same update is implemented in ALL 4 of DE servers and all 4 servers play the game differently based on how many players and how many and to what degree they cashed.
4) Positive thing to this update is that lower lvl to mid lvl prospector can feel a little safer when they wait patiently for a mine to open and capturing it. The attacking feature is still there but it is less likely they will be attacked especially if the attacker has something else to do in the next 2 hours because they will lose coins on potions by attacking and they probably wont extract the full minerals. So it is easier for someone to start out being a prospector instead of having to be lvl 40 before changing into a prospector.
This is a game played by MANY people, old to young, rich to poor, USA to Japan. I refuse to look at things myopically. If something does not go my way, I express my feelings, if they don't listen I either learn why that "something" was done and the benefits which they have OR break up with the marriage.
Rogue Outlaw,
1) That's where mining is meant for: a pvp proffesion.
2) I agree, but it doesn't cut in DE's profit.
3) I don't think LUNA sever has this update.
4) If you have mining as proffesion you'd see that only the blue, purple and orange mines are taken mostly, so like 90% of the time + the barbarians have 7k - 21k health.

So my conclusion remains "it is a very very very bad update!"
mining was hard enough as it was. now its so damn hard I've lost like 1g in buying miners and didn't manage to win a single battle vs a barbarian. after a half hour of trying i gave up cause my Armour got ditched.
this update is very seriously not cool.
">"> This has to be the most asinine update to this game yet. There is no thinking on the admin/moderators part on this I want them to mine for a month, hell a week and see how hard it is to get spots as it is and nobody has a monopoly on spots since you introduced the timers on the mines that let everybody have a fair shot at getting a spot so what is the point of this, wait there isn't one. With no mining resources available the entire server will not be able to craft anything and like any good Democracy DE will fall, its been a fun time, and will be done shortly for this game if this isn't changed.
First of all, Rogue, you don't know what you are talking about.
The biggest issue with this stupid update is that a miner will now have to raise the prices of the ores, so although it is only miners complaining right now, it will soon be everyone when no one can buy resources to do crafting, or buffs, or hop. There are less resources about because the damn Barbarians have 80% of mines. So not only will there be less resources but also miners will have to charge more because it is costing them more to mine. I can place a 7s miner on a coal mine and only end up getting 30 coal due to the barbarian taking it. Therefore to break even I need to charge 23s per 100 coal or 25/100 to make a little profit. As i look at outskirts of fort right now, every single coal and quartz is taken by a barbarian.
This will not end well.
OK, I'm a very confused right now.
I have 2 very active prospectors, Mains, in my clan. I just asked a level 25, with his dragon and mount, to go after the grey barbarian in the Mines of Togul for Tin Ore. That Barbarian had 25K life? really? why?
I understand completely the desire to get mining alts out of the business, but you're taking away the ability for even mains to be miners. And if we did all jump in and kill this barbarian, what are the odds of keeping the site for the whole 2 hours? (which we would never do for tin ore anyway, but it was an experiment)
Please educate me. We have a few prospectors in clan that are mains and were working hard to sell goods to clan chest, but this is going to change all my prices and destroy our ability to work on other reps, like alchemy and jeweler.
Ihit,

23:43 and all 6 tin mines at tagol and strekade nests are taken by barbarians - laughable as it now sounds a I did something I have never done before and attacked a mine. In fact one mine in each location first got a 21k barbarian and secondly got a 7k barbarian so I lasted a few seconds in each case. So can you tell me how I am supposed to mine as with normal players I could at least wait for a mine to become free but with a barbarian it just says the mine is occupied - is that indefinitely until a strong enough player comes along. I was thinking before this change with all the constant attacks from higher level players (big hello to Oldzerk, a persistent taker of my mines - funny how he does not like it when the tables are turned) that I would get to Prospector 3K and then change to another profession until I got strong enough to make it worth mining again. With this change I may not even wait for that milestone. So Ihit can you explain how the change benefits me personally (apart from driving players like Oldzerk away) as the update has made the just possible almost impossible - i.e. gaining mastery
i like this update its a little extra valor for next to no cost and you still get your mining. i enjoy it
Update for you ihit. I just did the rounds to see how it was going. I am 7k miner so have access to all blue and below. Out of the 5 mining locations (mot, ar, sn, lb and oof) available to me there were only 8 mines not taken by Barbarians. ">
so take them from the barbarians. i did it most of the night yesterday
@Bones
You don't know what are you talking about I think...Be happy you are 56 lvl...
For 40 lvl players it is NOT POSSIBLE to take those spots. 7k - yes - I can win this - but at very high cost (pots, dragon food, dragon item repair etc), but 21k is impossible. And what about even lower levels? Imagine you just started as a prospector and what you can do with even 7k barb guarding a mine... Ability to see HP before entering a fight would help a little but to those higher levels as myself only - lower lvls are doomed anyway...

@Admins:
Edit: just got info that 70 lvl character need 10 flawless pots to beat 21k Barb.... Just look at the costs...
It's perfect! Don't change a thing! ">
Yes notice the 56th and 70th level miner who can handle the barbarian, can come on and get their mines, they like the change, but us in the 10-40 range cannont.
yesterday 56% held by barbarians now 69% and most of those held are by Trongster a 70th level, who has 10 of 16. You have put the majority of miners out of work, hoping to catch a scrap which i just did, think the only tin or dolomite open at all, some mighty miner must have used it before me.
yay whats next? ... a lvl 70 grizly bear with 100k hp that 1 hit kills you if you try and gather wheat? or mabe a giant shark which will eat you and reset your intire character if you go for a nice fish at the pond!!!!

My point is this was a horrible idea so REVERT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MinerZ & GEOJENKS 97,

Yes I agree with you completely so not only do we low levels have to put up with higher level players taking our mines we have barbarians to contend with which as I implied in an earlier post it might be time to throw the towel in and come back to mining if and when I hit level 50. Nice one DE developers - keep coming up with changes like this and see the new player base evaporate before your very eyes.
GEOJENKS 97yay whats next? ... a lvl 70 grizly bear with 100k hp that 1 hit kills you if you try and gather wheat? or mabe a giant shark which will eat you and reset your intire character if you go for a nice fish at the pond!!!!

My point is this was a horrible idea so REVERT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or a method of upgrading your purple gear that requires you to be affiliated with a powerful clan and constantly fight the most powerful of opponents for even one measly weapon upgrade.

Wait a second...
Marcus the Wise,

This will be redeemed soon enough, so don't worry about that part.
I laugh once again at this update as it stands my alt is only one of 3 active 37k miners and I spoke to the other two (2), Saint and Baty, and they both have a hard time dealing with these Barb attacks. The attacks are to frequent sometimes two (2) spots at once and then the spot is occupied by the Barb until it is cleared. I worked hard on my miner to get him to 37k and the ability to get sydian from each mining spot without having to use lucky mining, but if I don't get the full amount per spot (aka a Barb attacks) I don't get sydian from that spot. I know me personally I will not be selling any ore or logs at all and hope all the other miners follow suit to put he DE economy at a standstill until they update this. A simple fix is less attacks and for the Barb not the hold spot forever, but that would require some actually thinking on DE's part.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.