Why would we have a crazy mob attack mines give it all the benefits of being a player char with better health and strength

no other profession has to deal with this why pick on the hardest one
Comments
plus the reward for the fight isn't worth the cost of the fight
these things go off every few minutes it seems. they are very tough to fight. even the high level miners are having difficulty. you need to reduce the frequency and nerf them some. this is crazy.
Admin. You know when I agree with Baty that you guys messed up… there is a shortage of mining stuff as is, miners have to deal with other miners attacking their stuff, and now you make it more difficult, and even impossible for some.

I had three mines attacked all at the same time by these barbarians, many people are having 6 or more attacks in an hour. In order to be a miner in these conditions you cannot take part in any other aspect of the game.

No other profession has this type of a downside and for those of us who have spent many hours developing this craft to place such a massive roadblock in our way is just unreasonable. Many of us would have chosen other professions had we known this was going to be a part of it.

Please pleas for once listen to us. you make arbitrary changes, with absolutely no benefit to the players of the game? I don't understand why.
I just heard of this update when I read this post.

My question is, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Prospectors get enough heat from other players attacking mines, and now we have an RNG to deal with? Ya know, the benefits of prospecting aren't so much that we should choose this now crappy profession over others!!!
I didn't realise they attacked mines too. This is complete and utter nonsense. I would like an admin or someone to mine for day and see how they get on..just try it.
kingmp,

No point in that, Ihit has a gloomy belt...
but he probably has no clue the competition there already is for mines even before you add this rubbish into the mix.
Ores were impossible to get before the update. And now the miners are losing their mines... the price is going to go up and be even harder to get now. Without ores we have nothing....
Hi guys, guess what—mines get attacked when you're offline too. How wonderful.

Also, you get no notification that your mine has been attacked when offline.
maybe the idea was that this update would make some miners quit, which it actually might, which would mean less competition for spots.
Actually naw I'm giving them far too much credit here .
kingmp,

You are giving them too much credit, especially when they could have just increased the number of mine spots
I have seen some dumb stuff implemented. but this is by far the dumbest of all. As i write this 7 out of 16 (up to blue) spots at Left Bank are taken by Barbarians. Since the change I have had only 4 mines, every single one of them has been taken by a barbarian well before time was up which means I am spending more money on a miner than I make from the resources coming back. Nice one DE, well thought through as normal and well done on letting us know about the change. ">
Perhaps it was to stop mining alts who have no gear etc??? Making profession more difficult in general....
Hells Cohort,

Thought the same.
But then theres no point to have alts, because alot of people use them for profession.
And ofc they pick on the hardest professions...
This is ridiculous..
_Mindless_Prodigy_,

May be trying to encourage spending on mining alts to gear them up so they can take/defend the mines
at 2AM on 4/7/14 5 of the less than 1k miner spots were taken by barbarians no typicially these miners are all lower levels and u out them up against LVL 70 mobs to get spots???? How are the lower levels even meant to have a chance if lvl 70 mobs are going around attacking mines
AND no limit on time till they stop mining so eventually almost all of spots in game will have barbarians working there AND no other profeesions have to constantly fight pvp battles to keeep mines OR fight lvl 70 mobs why only continue to make the hardest harder
Sadistic Saint,

Team Fortress 2 is an amazing FPS for PC and Mac. You could try it out.

Hells Cohort,

You sound like there is any remote justification for this update...sorry bro

Another issue is a complete lack of notification or announcement before the update was implemented. The end result? People were running around confused and had no idea what to expect before plopping down a miner and logging off for the day (assuming that the silent code of honor would prevent their mines from being attacked). D3athknight thought it was a BUG, for god's sake—and I learned about the new update from this forum post itself. Really crappy game management, if I may say so myself. Not a good way to present yourselves, especially for a game with the most authentication/server errors I've seen on a game before. Dragons of Atlantis has over a hundred times the traffic that this game has and is devoid of authentication errors.

To the dev team and the game managers—PLEASE stop treating your customers like crap. It's not just a money issue, it's a moral issue. Do you people want to be selling second-hand game credits (Reals) for the rest of your lives, or do you want to create a great game where the players sing your praises?
People have accomplished great things from their parents' garage, their living room, etc. With a decent staff and enough capital and an already working game and player base, you can do something great for a change.
Hells Cohort,

Also if the update was actually implemented to deal with mining alts, it's a real shame that the people suffering the most are main characters...not just lv 10 wimps, but people who can actually fight and kill a barbarian (ANDRYS, kingmp) but go offline (cause, you know, they have lives) and get their mines stolen by a merciless AI.
I won't even begin to explain how unneeded the extra competition was—others did a good job. I can only hope that this update is removed soon.
I would like to know why I need to buy a BC sphere to help my clanmates defend mines. This is not a PvP fight, and at 50s per, that is a lot of money to spend for a little dolomite to complete our clan quest. (wtf)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.