Why would we have a crazy mob attack mines give it all the benefits of being a player char with better health and strength

no other profession has to deal with this why pick on the hardest one
Comments
I was asked to post. What I know about what is going on is from this post list and seeing the number of mines occupied as just completed a mine circuit. Estimate 40-50 % are occupied by the new barbarian miners of 70th level.
I have two purple level miners (although only one can be active as limited by other miners). There were insuffient mining spots prior to this, and when explained how many mines per day in game of any one time non-miners have a tough time believing such a limited supply as farmers, fishers and hunters no such limit, just time, but others of the same profession have no effect on them, thus with enough tunes doing any of those 3 professions, supply is not limited. NOT SO with mining, and doing somthing drastic to challenge miners further (other miners fighting for spots and attacking was more than enough, harder now to come up than it was as more miners higher level taking the low level spots frequently also) is
a drastic misstep. Usually at this time my mine friend list has 5 or 6 miners on who can do blue or higher, currently there is only me, thus in less than one day have driven off essentially all miners. Is that your goal????????????
I have 37k farmers and fishers so have a good idea about them.
Hunting is the second hardest profession, limited more by time and the elemental trials.
Woooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!

I just want to know why???
Barbarian is my alt miner But why this post is up like to add that adding the buy it now for alchemical powders green and blue really hurt the hunting profession profit wise which is already time consuming and boring to do. And like others said 2 blue ore sites already sky rockets the costs of ore to all the other professions to buy and this will make it even worse. What's the next update rabbits pillaging farmers crops that we have to defend? Pirates raiding fishers nets? hope i just didn't give any ideas. "> ">
Barbarian is my alt miner But why this post is up like to add that adding the buy it now for alchemical powders green and blue really hurt the hunting profession profit wise which is already time consuming and boring to do. And like others said 2 blue ore sites already sky rockets the costs of ore to all the other professions to buy and this will make it even worse. What's the next update rabbits pillaging farmers crops that we have to defend? Pirates raiding fishers nets? hope i just didn't give any ideas. ">">
1) No other profession has to fight for mines, this due to mining being pvp profession that your mines are now being attacked
2) Defending mines from npc's will give you Valor and experience as well as chance for mining collection piece drops it is only profession and only way in general to get valor out of pve battles. So it's not like we haven't given anything in return for making your life harder for miners.
3) Mining is one of most profitable professions when you hold the mines in your possession as no one else is able to get those higher resources when you do so you now have to work harder to get them.
4) Profession was never intended for your alts though it's a PvP profession and you have to work for it. I know it well that you like to defend your alt mines with your mains.
Ihit,

If you guys are going to be crazy and release a crazy update like this, atleast raise the mining drop pieces highest.
Then it will be hard to hold spots, but easier to get collection pieces, so mining rep isn't near impossible.
You guys made mining profitable, as it is, but it was already a competition with so many miners around, silver ore was rare, and amethyst etc. was already difficult to get, but now you add, basically a ghost to go around hitting mines, and setting miners of anything, i've seen the barbarian set 3k miners, and 37k miners.
If you guys made mining profitable, then realized it was too good for non-cashers to make gold. You ruin it, mining is probably one of the ways I make my gold without cashing, and now you have a level 70 roaming the place smashing my miners.
This is a stupid update.
Or to make this all better, why don't you have a sacraficing ritual, i'll give u 1 WhiteFox, to kill the barbarian, Ihit?
Just a thought but maybe taking away the required bc sphere to join a mine fight? Unless we get bc rep from killing barbarians what's the point in having to use a bc sphere? I understand your trying to make the game more challenging and that's a good thing. Without a challenge it's not fun and people won't play, but at the same time making something too hard people get angry and look up cheats or throw a controller at a tv screen. Another option that make make people happy is lowering the npc level to the corresponding ore level? A level 70 npc shouldn't be owning a new miner just starting to play the game over a coal mine and keeping it a "pve" gear break makes it horrible to lose a fight especially people with blue/purple gear.
Would like to note i'm not a miner just hearing what everyone is saying it might not be that bad i don't know 100% ">
I'm not understanding how this would increase the sale of reals in anyway either seems to me like people might actually quit on this one reducing profits, but hey just my opinion. Best of luck ">
Why Barbarians have 7k HP sometimes and sometimes 21k HP?? Both have [70]..... I have no problem with dealing with 7k one but 21k is faaar beyond my fighting capacity and I'm not the weakest player... Make those Barbarians like Garuug - HP/power depending on player's lvl...
Valathorn,

Probably due to different resources they attack (a higher level resource and lower level one to account for weaker players that might mine that lower level resource). Barbarians doesn't scale depending on your level and there are no intentions in making them like that.
Marcus the Wise,

Never said it was justified just offered a guess as to the explanation which ihit seems to have confirmed as one of the reasons lol
Hells Legionnaire,

It's not the main reason however, main reason would be to discourage any cartels between players especially at higher level resources. If barbarian takes their mine and they don't defend it gives a chance for others to take it.
Ihit,

Essentially making it easier for some miners to gain a spot in the first place rather than having a clanned alt be a quick clicker claim 10, as they're likely to have them taken from them by barbarians opening the mining spots to attack without fear of clan reprisal correct?
Hells Cohort,

Sounds about right
Please check colours - it seems still 21k HP Barbarians on green spots... 1 more thing - I defended one of my mines and after joining I saw my 15k HP miner at 50% health and Barbarian at full health.... Something is wrong here !!! It seems miner HP decreases since battle start and Barbarian's HP "wait" until player join...This is crazy...
update: 21k HP barbarian on grey spot - coal..... just great
21k HP Barbarian on grey spot - Coal... ">">">
Valathorn,

As regard to your latest message until you join the fight Barbarian basically doesn't take damage from your worker.
I appreciate losing one of my few sources of low to no xp related income on here, no point in mining if it gives a ton of xp now. Which would be the case if I could kill these npc "barbarians . I'm not a clanned miner and yet I have little trouble getting a lower spot, only the 7k up ones really get attacked, and those are highly valued since so few so makes sense. Adding more higher lv mines would of made more sense to me. All this update does is cause me to want to log on less than before.
Behind The Mirror,

Behind The MirrorI appreciate losing one of my few sources of low to no xp

Everyone including yourself will have that redeemed in near future
@ Ihit - why he is invulnerable?? It's ridiculous....

Have you checked HP on each spot colour? Could you tell us what those should be? Again got 21k HP on green spot - If 38 lvl player with dragon lvl 38 and good/vgood gear is not able to defend his miner I think something is wrong...
Valathorn,

Barbarian doesn't take any damage only until you join the fight so it's best to defend it right a way when you see your miner being attack by npc.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.