Why would we have a crazy mob attack mines give it all the benefits of being a player char with better health and strength

no other profession has to deal with this why pick on the hardest one
Comments
and what about HP...?
IhitHells Legionnaire,

It's not the main reason however, main reason would be to discourage any cartels between players especially at higher level resources. If barbarian takes their mine and they don't defend it gives a chance for others to take it.

Discouraging cartels...hahahahahaha. How about more mine spots?
You could also just make it illegal for mains to defend alt mines.
Like players said, the benefits of this new update are nothing compared to the costs, so you can quit justifying it. Even baty admits it, and he's a player who, with his gear, can kill a mob with great efficiency.

The system was completely fine before. I could mine in total peace, even when unclanned. Trust me, no "cartels" were forming. And if barbarians are supposed to free up mines for weaker players, let me tell you that NO ONE enjoys killing a huge mob just for some dolomite. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!
And ihit...you gave no mention of why we have received no notification about the update except in this player-created post. I'd like to see a very, VERY good reason as to why you guys chose to proceed in that fashion.
at last update there was a thread and ihit said " just watch your mines"
ushie,

Where?

Also that's not a very good way to present a game-changing update.
Ihit,
You could have at least made it so someone like me or Valathorn could beat the 21k mines... I think even the higher lvl players struggle with them
I think I'm done. Thanks DE... it was fun while it lasted.
IhitValathorn,

Barbarian doesn't take any damage only until you join the fight so it's best to defend it right a way when you see your miner being attack by npc.

And it U R offline when this happens....?
Ihit1) No other profession has to fight for mines, this due to mining being pvp profession that your mines are now being attacked
2) Defending mines from npc's will give you Valor and experience as well as chance for mining collection piece drops it is only profession and only way in general to get valor out of pve battles. So it's not like we haven't given anything in return for making your life harder for miners.
3) Mining is one of most profitable professions when you hold the mines in your possession as no one else is able to get those higher resources when you do so you now have to work harder to get them.
4) Profession was never intended for your alts though it's a PvP profession and you have to work for it. I know it well that you like to defend your alt mines with your mains.

So normal players can see how bad things are for miners think of it these ways:
AoH, 7bs, SB, IW, KoH, ToH are places intended for pvp... Does that mean players are always fighting here? Nooooooo.... In the contrary, there are some brackets where arenas never go. I am saying this because some of us miners never fight each other
1) So, because mining is a profession intended for pvp and mines are now being attacked is like saying "There is no other place to fight against players for free rather than Battlegrounds, due to this players across Adam are being attacked."

2) Defending against miner does give you valor, exp and a chance for a collection piece. Well this highlights the good things, but what about the armor breakage when you lose. Think if it this way, "Defending from npc will give you Valor, experience as well as a [rare] chance to receive a collection piece for Gladiator, Seven Bridges and Hero Collection (from IW). So it's not like we haven't given you anything in return for making you life harder (when we made an unbeatable mob that cant be beat except for those players of level 60 and higher and another one that level 40 players can beat though they will struggle. Everyone else is to sit back and have their armor broken and watch their gold being taken from them)"
3) Indeed, mining was one of the most profitable professions and the fact that it is now harder is like saying "Killing mobs (especially with Hours of Prosperity and a bag) is the best way to acquire gold as only you can kill them, so now npc are joining mobs (the stats of npc will be at a point where you can beat them (if level 40 or higher) and at times it will be significantly increased where you can't defeat these unless you are level 60 or higher. You will have to use flawless or great pots, and the gold dropped by the mobs will be less, you will only get only valor and exp if you lose, and this mob is for the whole server)
4) Again, mining was never intended for alts but this is like saying "Battlegrounds were never intended for alts as it is PvP so now you have to work harder for it as we are also adding npc's when an alt joins any battleground."

Now, I would like to know what would players do or how you would feel if this was implemented to the game because the battlegrounds intended for PvP.
for a change the players are ignored. Show me one person who thinks this is a good idea. This is complete and utter BS.
Time to find another game
On island and and half of mines taken by barbarians. How does this make game more fun?
And how I'm supposed to defeat this this barbarian thing ? Its insane. And this is all over the mining ? Seriously ?
I'm done as well. As a non-clanned (at the moment) miner, things were already plenty difficult with my mines regularly taken by other players. Now with these new npcs in the mix, it just isn't worth it. Off to find another game...
From what I read about the new barbarian lvl 70 update, it is intended to help high level miners catch up on their valor instead of focusing solely on valor at early levels forget during things like using hunting pack to hunting and/or quest. Another intention from what I see is for miners to stay mining or player instead of logging out or switching to other toon once they captured the mines. Anyone can beat 21K HP lvl 70. All you have to do is join aka defend the mine. Hired hand mine worker's dealt damage will count once you enter the fight. The earlier you enter the fight, the more HP your hire worker has to deal damage that counts toward the lvl 70 demise. Your dragon, your skeletons, your charmed monsters all count also. That being said, I think miners on DE figured a way to get and keep mines/golds. They don't want to change and find a new way to make non cashing gold. We just have to play it by ear and see if admin can change how miners mine or will there be a mass exodus and admin have to revert to old ways to keep the game going. ATM, admin thinks the nova DE community is strong and players will piss and groan but will keep playing and might cash more. Best of Luck to ALL (black_beer)
I will comment on this one last time.

If an update is made to a system that has not brought about any strife and has half the server complaining, you screwed up.
Normally i don't bother with these since no one listens anyhow, i just try to reason out a new change or i don't bother with the event anymore if it no longer is a benefit to me, but .. REALLY???

I get that with the miners honor code DE was not making no money off mines fight, and that the abuse of mains/alts needed to be addressed, but to punish the rest of us is just sorta pathetic.

Bad enough my first fight with one of these critters ends in a DRAW, i get 16 pieces of damaged gear and loose the flippin' mine anyhow,

But then to have 5 mines attacked within 18 minutes, it just a big joke, on me apparently, 2 automatic losses since i was defending the third at the time and my poor little bitty miner don't have a snowballs change in hell of surviving. What were you thinking? If we are in battle can't defend, another lost mine, if we are on a boat can't defend...As as for the unwanted experience and the ppfffttt "valor" (i get more when i face plant in aoh) and as for the "rare" drops... yup .. still rare win and get nothing.

Your loyal gamers have spoke, please take the time listen. It saddens me as i see more and more shackles showing up on my friends list as people who have been here the longest are giving up, and to see main full of summer time kids with to much time and mouth on their hands. People have made some very valid points here.. please reconsider this update. Or at least make it fair to both the hard working miners of old and to the new gamers you may need to keep.

(wtf) *slaps the devo's upside the head*.. yea the game needs a profit margin, but at the rate you keep screwing with it, just gonna be another game up in flames....Please think about us....
themamma and to see main full of summer time kids with to much time and mouth on their hands.

Ihit70
1) No other profession has to fight for mines, this due to mining being pvp profession that your mines are now being attacked
2) Defending mines from npc's will give you Valor and experience as well as chance for mining collection piece drops it is only profession and only way in general to get valor out of pve battles. So it's not like we haven't given anything in return for making your life harder for miners.
3) Mining is one of most profitable professions when you hold the mines in your possession as no one else is able to get those higher resources when you do so you now have to work harder to get them.
4) Profession was never intended for your alts though it's a PvP profession and you have to work for it. I know it well that you like to defend your alt mines with your mains.

I'm not a miner but wouldn't #4 be considered power leveling by having alt and main in same fight ????
Looks like self jailing to do mining. some peeps are going to miss read it and think they can use both char's.

"Technically" you don't have to be with alt in that fight to defend it.
Wonder how in the world can someone come with such idiotic idea like this...nice f.cking up good game guys keep up good work...im done with this until its gone...have a nice one..explanationcan be made by Ihit or anyone since for a casual player u made mining impossible...i minex 400 res in 4 days at a higher cost then ah...enough...this is really stoopid...
The one who thought that this is a good idea should walk around to all mining spots and then they will see 90% is taken by barbarians... Just listen for once to us please! Nobody is a fan of this update and even you (the admins) will not be happy with the consequences of this really really bad update.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.