New Guardian system

We've received many complaints that there're no law whatsoever here on Nova, and we'd like to change that. We can't rely on the old Guardian system right now since there's no way that you would leave your clan just for keeping the peace here.

That's why we're going to have a new system: the Council. The Council will be comprised of three most trusted, active and impartial members of the community, and they will have the power to recruit others to help them uphold the law. They WON'T have to leave their own clans to do that, and they will receive additional benefits and rewards for their work.

So, right now I ask each person who has a character of 20th lvl or higher to nominate ONE candidate for this Council - one player who, in your opinion, can be trusted with this responsibility. The candidate should be an active, well-known player.
There're a few rules for this:
1: You can't nominate yourself.
2: Your character should be at least lvl 20 to have a vote.
3: The vote will have more weight if you nominate a member of ANOTHER clan, not your own.
4: All three members of this Council must come from different clans.

We'll check all candidates and seed out the ones who've broken the rules in recent times.
Also, The Council will have means of contacting me outside the game, which will be beneficial to us all.

Please, give your recommendations and opinions.
Comments
SirSalt,
Reposting as I left something out:

Okay that is very fair and I understand your intent and meaning. I appreciate the clarification. Cheers I don’t know about the banding together to push them out, because I think it may appear that way, but I have no intent to make anyone leave. I don’t think any of the clans want people to leave because we are so short on players as it stands.

I think it is just... give each other a bit of respect kind of deal. Never want someone to feel like I think I am better than them or want them gone. We are all here to enjoy ourselves, not to be told we aren’t good or are below, or in some cases a whore. I’ve had someone pm me that, and despite how strong I think I am, it still hurts to hear.

I hope no one thinks I want them to leave, it’s not the case. It’s really about: please don’t talk down to others like you’re better. We are all.. capable of mistakes, there’s no shame to admit. I’ve been thinking about leaving myself lately because it really drains my energy sometimes being here even.

I’m sure some people would be glad to see me leave but feels wrong after 5 years and I’d love to help the game grow more if given the chance to. Sometimes a home away from home is home too :)
Removed by user
Removed by user
Removed by user
Removed by user
Removed by user
I vote glean and if glean ain’t that active then Leane.
I love all the votes given to any of the players , but why make it so difficult.

First give a small explanation about what the council is made for, what they need to do, what there "job" is

Then let every clan choose 1 person from there own clan (clan lvl 3, player certain lvl)
clans can discuss about it inside the clan who they like to put forward as council member ( 1 choosen member a clan)
Then make a post when clans have choosen there candidate and let all players above lvl 20 choose from those candidates.

Then there is allways only 1 candidate a clan, you know the people that are voted on, want to do this, cause they are represented by clan.

and there will be no lost votes , cause everybody knows who the candidates are and can only vote on them and it will give a better insight on which candidate's are favoured by the players.

additional to that the 3 council members then allrdy have a list of players that are up to help them and they can choose there helpers from that list ( other's can be asked to off course)
My 12 points go to autum winter
SirSalt, i am agreeing to your post.

and want to add some comments.

WHY ARE ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE BEING VOTED ON, AGAIN FROM THE BIG CLANS !!!!
why allways people from elitist, Fallen, 9th, IE.....

50 people to vote on them ? 50 people to push them forward ?

Dreidan please give all a fair chance.

We have lvl 1 , lvl 2 and lvl 3 clans
So give all clans the opportunity to be in this council and choose 1 council member from all 3 clan lvls
Votes for players only counted when NOT from own clan, but from outside the clan ( this way players will have to put some thoughts on it).
and yes they will only be chat moderators in 1th place, but please listen to these people cause they might be an option to pick up signals from the players and might be the first to hear suggestions from players

please think about doing the right thing for ALL clans and not again just for the FEW top clans
I vote for Doozer and ZIA
Doozer

Then let every clan choose 1 person from there own clan (clan lvl 3, player certain lvl)
clans can discuss about it inside the clan who they like to put forward as council member ( 1 choosen member a clan)
Then make a post when clans have choosen there candidate and let all players above lvl 20 choose from those candidates.

Actually that's an excellent idea the only problem I see is that some might use their alts to vote and not sure if that would be fair.

WHY ARE ALL PEOPLE THAT ARE BEING VOTED ON, AGAIN FROM THE BIG CLANS !!!!
why allways people from elitist, Fallen, 9th, IE.....

Remember is us players who are nominating these players not Dreidan so it's not his fault. And, some might be doing it for their own benefit probably but most of us are nominating these people because we trust them and we like them. If I knew you better and knew that you have the necessary qualities for the position in the Council, I would have nominated you no matter your clan or faction but that's not the case.

But to make it fair for most clans and players, I think your idea about each clan nominating a player to represent them is great. Just keep in mind that at the end the people from top clans might win the position, not because of their clans but because of the time they have been playing this game and all the friends they have made.
Removed by user
goddesslinda

I am not a supporter of just one clan but all of them the point of me posting on forum was to try and point out that everyone has their faults
in which i said in my posts "not everyone is guilty but none are innocent"

storm kat if someone gets hit on garuug you defend and try to win
however when things go as far to where someone is able to file a lawsuit and sue DE because of those players then things have gone
way to far

wich would most likely result in the banning of the players involved

loss of player will not be the downfall of DE but rather people taking situations to a different level and the game will end up
paying for it

people have been talking about having a drama free game that is fun yet seek out the drama or do not handle situations from a
more mature point of view

bonecrushing is a main aspect of the game law suits are not
the maturity level of players has gone from childish to a four year olds temper tantrum

once people start realizing this i will reveal my mains name
Valkyrie,

not talking about fault or anything , and that's exactly what i meant , cause it is the players that vote it's again the members of certain clans that get choosen

And i am not against council members from the big clans, but i know for sure there are a lot of experienced players in smaller clans that choose a different way, and most of the time , those are the players i think we are looking for, these players make effort trying to help smaller players grow and not like a lot of members in the BIG clans , trying to keep everyone down so they stay strong(er) the easy way
Removed by user
Doozer, i agree that is a great point
for instance dragon_princess is an excellent choice for council and has been doing a fantastic job with her clan and she is a natural leader
yet and she is quite well known

however i dont see a single nominate for her?
i can understand if she does not have enough time or does not want the position
Storm Kat, i am not speaking for you and if you were not blind you would see that
and no lawyers have not been mentioned however i was again poiniting out that there is enough evidence for THE GAME to be sued
due to players acting like idiots

also i take hikes at 6:00 am :) but thanks for showing that you care

also you do not like my words because you know they are true and denial is a natural psychological response

and for the record i am not in any clan hence why i am using a alt to post
Removed by user
Sydeste, thelastpaladin and bellegone have been in jail for quite a while and thelastpaladin is in boot camp so sadly he will not be
here to defend his name

also your comment just proves that you and your clanmates as a whole have branded elitists as cheaters without any evidence
and if i recall correctly betepah was in your clan cheating for conf? and some smalls were bcing alts for conf?
and the reason why your clan has not been voted for council is due to the fact that none of you could pass the background check?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.