Wars discussion #2

It's battle steel day. 2nd hour of war, no gear damage.

Current clans a war: Elitists vs IE. AS vs HF.

Where is everyone else???? I was on board for the ban at the start when wars were launched, but after this last couple months of experimenting, I believe admin should reconsider. It's complete ridiculous that clans are so scared of signing up due to a possible 1 month ban.

What are other opinions - would you rather only have all hard fights, or would it be ok to have a few easy wars?

Personally, I would rather be collecting crystals than wasting anymore time/money on a 100% guaranteed lost war. I am valor & exp capped, the sydian award might be nice at the end, but I am personally spending a heck of a lot of money on a pretty low amount of reward. And this seems to be the norm as no easy clans will sign up. This is not helping my clan grow, instead it is killing morale and working towards convincing more to switch to sadar for wins.
Comments
TrufflesStorm Kat,
If not for AS signing up, war today would have been 1 - Elitists vs HF or IE. NOONE else signed up, even though it's battle steel and one of the cheapest days to war.

Not true, 9th signed up......

So did VS, so it's the mechanism of the selections that are in part to blame.
Storm KatEllieJay,
I really wish you would put yourself in others shoes for a moment, but here are all the replies:

"If people aren't signing up anyway then why would they be worried about a 1 month ban? "
Didn't read the posts before commenting? Ok, here's the copy/paste of what I wrote before: (as clan knows there is a chance few will show on tuesday and due to work, I miss at least 30-60 mins of the war on tuesdays, we have chosen not to risk losing saturday wars). From other clans, Even though they don't get enough 1 week, they Might the next. VS & BH are examples of that and both leaders would tell you the same.

"Do you make a habit of putting words in to people's mouths to make your point?" No, actually, if you start from the top and work your way down, you misquoted and insulted me. I even used the "" when making a joke but too many on this forum don't seem to think I have any sense of humor. Yet again, I make a valid post, and it gets immediately taken to "Beat on Kat". Your crew of Kat Hater's tend to forget that although I write the posts, it is after having discussions with others, who would post themselves but are scared of getting BC'd out of the game. I have survived these attempts before to both insult me into 'shutting up' and survived the attempts to BC me out of the game. Your words here have been of no help at all to the topic and were written solely for the purpose of insulting my clan and my opinion..... and there's nothing I can do about it, is there?

"Perhaps a good place to begin would be kick the alts and have people join who could fight with you. " OMG Ellie!!!! Where are you expecting me to find these people????????? Have you notice the DEAD Vaalor side? Or are you really that blind to the problem?

And the most important part of your comment "I never mentioned the ban in the slightest besides to ask why it would bother them. " MY WHOLE POST WAS TO ASK OPINIONS ON THE BAN....... which instead of trying to help the discussion about the BAN you attack me and my clan. ">

This isn't even worth replying to honestly. You must be drunk a lot of the time you post. ">
I will say though, your post is not about the ban, it's questioning why wars are a failure in general and all of my posts have been on topic.

Usual Kat, playing the victim. Boo hoo. I'm not even going to bother commenting again, it's like talking to a brick wall. You must have a similar IQ to that of a goldfish. Au revoir. Enjoy your moaning, silly child.
EllieJayUsual Kat, playing the victim.

Actually looks like we were ALL victims of the selections not working how they were supposed to...... so we can all hope admin is already working on fixing it to help encourage more to join.
People, everyone needs live players to fight clan wars. The only clan that has less then 25% alts in their clans are Ninth. Ironically Ninth use their so call power to have 250% alts in other clans. When Ninth are in a clan war, that means the 6 or more alts Ninth has can not play during war time. People say their are 30 clans in Nova, but my question if anybody dare to answer is this, "How many clan have more then 50% non alts?" Solution should be simple either eliminate clans or shorten number of members in clan. Most people said in forum that after the initial nostalgic period, clan wars will be like this. Check forum history, one thread talk about this will happen and it has.
ThisNsihTPeople, everyone needs live players to fight clan wars. The only clan that has less then 25% alts in their clans are Ninth. Ironically Ninth use their so call power to have 250% alts in other clans. When Ninth are in a clan war, that means the 6 or more alts Ninth has can not play during war time. People say their are 30 clans in Nova, but my question if anybody dare to answer is this, "How many clan have more then 50% non alts?" Solution should be simple either eliminate clans or shorten number of members in clan. Most people said in forum that after the initial nostalgic period, clan wars will be like this. Check forum history, one thread talk about this will happen and it has.

Good post because this was predicted. On another note we don't do alts on this side. I have spoken to RF in the past and he does not do alts in Elitist either. We try not to have them at all, we kept one in clan because he helped with mining resources but that is all.
AS - 20 "show up on war link and are not alts" - 18 wars (7 wins)
Fallen - ? "show up on war link and are not alts" - 7 wars (1 win)
Ninth - 40 "show up on war link and are not alts" - 20 wars (has been left out at least once) (18 wins)
IL - ? "show up on war link and are not alts" - 3 wars (0 wins)
Drach - ? "show up on war link and are not alts" - 6 wars (1 win)
IE - ? "show up on war link and are not alts"" - 20 wars (7 wins)
Elitists - 40+ "show up on war link and are not alts" - 21 wars (14 wins)
VS - 10+ "show up on war link and are not alts"- 12 wars (4 wins) (left out of 2)
HF - 40+ "show up on war link and are not alts"- 13 wars (12 wins)
Tuatha - 0 wars
DF - 10? "show up on war link and are not alts" - 1 war
7th - 10? "show up on war link and are not alts" - 6 wars (2 wins)
Orden - 10 "show up on war link and are not alts" - 2 wars
Eye - 0 wars
BH - 15 "show up on war link and are not alts" - 4 wars (left out of 3)
SW - 5 "show up on war link and are not alts" and have not left clan - 1 war
BCers - 0 wars
League of Legends - 0 wars
Dragonborn - 0 wars
Drachen Reiter - 0 wars
Die Abtrunnigen - 0 wars
Heroes - 0 wars
School of Hard Knocks - Alts/Training clan - 0 wars
Novus - alts - 0 wars

Well, that was an eye opener. Why are we keeping dead clans on the list at all?

To clarify - the ? are because I have not spoken to anyone in the clan and do no know the alts. And numbers are just from a quick look at the most recent war links but I did not spend Hours researching, I am simply pointing out that the clans are far less active than originally commented on and anyone with more accurate information can please post so I can update the list. Just trying to gather some Facts so we can work on presenting the reasons we want changes.
because who is it for anyone to say to someone who put the time any money into the clan to just remove it? lol
Snow Ball Man,
But that is exactly what Admin did to all the clans that owed war fees before the new launch.
no one ever complained about that did they? also nice of you you to assume activity in clans. this is why people attack you Kat because you always make assumptions and make people look bad
Snow Ball Man,
I put the question marks as I do want to know. I am not assuming anything, if I don't know, there's a ?

My point being, many discussions and opinions were based on 20 clans in the list. But upon further review, there are not nearly that many, and those that are in wars do not have anywhere near as many people as I had thought. That list was meant as a correction to what I had believed was 20 clans and only 2 wars. Instead its more like 15? clans and only 3 wars.
Still doesn't solve the problem of 75% chance of a losing war for anyone other than Ninth, Elitists, HF when they sign up, as those are the most likely opponents you will get. Reason being - most clans are not signing up, even if they have active members, so why is that?
Kitty KatAS - 30 active non-alt - 18 wars (7 wins)
Fallen - ?active. - 7 wars (1 win)
Ninth - 40 active members - 20 wars (has been left out at least once) (18 wins)
IL - ?active - 3 wars (0 wins)
Drach - ?active - 6 wars (1 win)
IE - ?active - 20 wars (7 wins)
Elitists - 40+ active - 21 wars (14 wins)
VS - 10 active - 12 wars (4 wins)
HF - 40+ active - 13 wars (12 wins) - No Tuesday wars? Getting left out, or not signing up (why not?)?
Tuatha - ?active - 0 wars
DF - 10 active, but how many are alts? - 1 war
7th - 10 active, but how many are alts? - 6 wars (2 wins)
Orden - 10 active - 2 wars
Eye - any non-alt actives? - 0 wars
BH - 15 actives - 4 wars
SW - 5 actives - 1 war
BCers - alts??? - 0 wars
League of Legends - alts?? - 0 wars
Dragonborn - alts?? - 0 wars
Drachen Reiter - alts? - 0 wars
Die Abtrunnigen - alts?? - 0 wars
Heroes - alts?? - 0 wars
School of Hard Knocks - Alts/Training clan - 0 wars
Novus - alts - 0 wars

Well, that was an eye opener. Why are we keeping dead clans on the list at all?

to answer your question, we have discussed Tuesday wars but most of our clan is off, The numbers on Tuesdays are sometimes as low as 5. we decided as a group to war on Saturday together. We are pretty much always in que for a Saturday war, but in all fairness i dont think people want HF in more wars. They want some balance to the wars.
MTDill,
Wonderful thanks. So timing on Tuesdays is bad.
Out of curiousity, would it make sense to recommend a different timing? Or is weekdays just not good for HF at all?

I know for AS, we're most active in after 01:00 game time on the weekdays, so wars then would definitely not work for most the server, so I did not recommend that.
Katnip KingpinMTDill,
Wonderful thanks. So timing on Tuesdays is bad.
Out of curiousity, would it make sense to recommend a different timing? Or is weekdays just not good for HF at all?

I know for AS, we're most active in after 01:00 game time on the weekdays, so wars then would definitely not work for most the server, so I did not recommend that.

Most of our clan is working in US time, so it is difficult to achieve the time that is set by game. the problem with US time is that others are sleeping when we are gaming so not sure how the timing issue gets fixed .
Kitty Kat,

1) Where *exactly* did you get the numbers for "active" and

2) You seem to have forgotten that VS got left out of wars twice and

3) I dispute the "10 active members"
WaterHawke,
Sorry, was looking at war link and non alts when coming up with numbers. And just from looking at who was online at the time (of wars) and how many i am used to seeing (during wars). If you have a more accurate number, Please do correct me :) And yes, i did leave out the 2 you got left out on, as you shouldn't have been left out and i simply forgot, I will update as soon as i'm on computer. I would love that list to be accurate and am glad you replied with some facts. :). Thanks!
assumptions......
Storm Kat,
There were more people on the war link we had with you than 10, and only three have gone elsewhere. As for more accurate numbers, that'll have to wait for another day, back to work I go!
WaterHawke,
Don't work too hard! editing the list to have the 2 non-wars for you.
Anything else I missed, please do let me know.
Also, will edit to say "show up for war" instead of active, as obviously, I needed to be more clear when I said "Active" in a war discussion, To me it was obvious I meant "Active in wars" but others didn't see it that way ">
OK, so there are 14 possible clans for war, leading to 7 possible wars, if everyone that has ever signed up for war did it again. Are any clans currently banned from wars?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.