Wars discussion #2

It's battle steel day. 2nd hour of war, no gear damage.

Current clans a war: Elitists vs IE. AS vs HF.

Where is everyone else???? I was on board for the ban at the start when wars were launched, but after this last couple months of experimenting, I believe admin should reconsider. It's complete ridiculous that clans are so scared of signing up due to a possible 1 month ban.

What are other opinions - would you rather only have all hard fights, or would it be ok to have a few easy wars?

Personally, I would rather be collecting crystals than wasting anymore time/money on a 100% guaranteed lost war. I am valor & exp capped, the sydian award might be nice at the end, but I am personally spending a heck of a lot of money on a pretty low amount of reward. And this seems to be the norm as no easy clans will sign up. This is not helping my clan grow, instead it is killing morale and working towards convincing more to switch to sadar for wins.
Comments
Just to clarify, the complaint is not at all in regards to how the other clans war. Elitists, HF, Ninth, all have been fun to war with. I'm just saying that letting the other "smaller" clans play too, would let us mid-clans have a few wars that we can win.
I agree that the system isn't working. I think there should be some kind of punishment if a clan doesn't fight at all and stands in hall only. But I also think a whole month ban doesn't fix it but just keep anyone from signing up at all.

Not good for anyone really
Surely if they're not going to bother signing up at all then a 1 month ban wouldn't bother them?
Btw, what you're saying at the end is:

"I'm sick of getting smashed by better clans so I want worse clans to sign up so I can smash them". Why would they sign up to fight you to get little reward for a lot of money? You're kind of making your own point really lol.
EllieJay,
clarify - I'm not sick of anything, I'm signing up for every Saturday, and would sign up for every Tuesday if not for a risk of getting banned for a month (as clan knows there is a chance few will show on tuesday and due to work, I miss at least 30-60 mins of the war on tuesdays, we have chosen not to risk losing saturday wars).

If more clans signed up, there would be more of a mix. Smaller clans would fight other smaller clans for chances at wins. And yes, once in a while HF/Elitists/Ninth would get a boring war, but isn't that better than No war?

If not for AS signing up, war today would have been 1 - Elitists vs HF or IE. NOONE else signed up, even though it's battle steel and one of the cheapest days to war.

And by the way - for 2 hours of non-stop, full buffed, fighting I got - 0 exp, 0 valor, 2000 heroism, 300 sydian. Just so you have some facts to help decide if you want to help support some changes.
Storm KatEllieJay,
clarify - I'm not sick of anything, I'm signing up for every Saturday, and would sign up for every Tuesday if not for a risk of getting banned for a month (as clan knows there is a chance few will show on tuesday and due to work, I miss at least 30-60 mins of the war on tuesdays, we have chosen not to risk losing saturday wars).

If more clans signed up, there would be more of a mix. Smaller clans would fight other smaller clans for chances at wins. And yes, once in a while HF/Elitists/Ninth would get a boring war, but isn't that better than No war?

If not for AS signing up, war today would have been 1 - Elitists vs HF or IE. NOONE else signed up, even though it's battle steel and one of the cheapest days to war.

And by the way - for 2 hours of non-stop, full buffed, fighting I got - 0 exp, 0 valor, 2000 heroism, 300 sydian. Just so you have some facts to help decide if you want to help support some changes.

It was boring as hell today. I command war, I don't fight, and most of the time today I had a hall full of people with nothing to do. We take boring wars constantly.
And 9th got no war
I was in a clan that was banned from war due to inactivity. Its no fun for those of us that put our all into a clan. The rewards are cool Lord knows I havent had many of those, coming from a clan that lost 80 percent of its wars, i'm proud to be a part of a clan thats organized and wins wars.
EllieJay
It was boring as hell today. I command war, I don't fight, and most of the time today I had a hall full of people with nothing to do. We take boring wars constantly.

So, you recommend fixing it by banning AS too, as your one-sided, always winning, wars are not fun enough?

Maybe the fix would be to try smaller clan sizes, as recommended by admin but shot down by all. splitting up HF would sure let the rest of us have more fun. Just a thought.
Kat, at no point did I say ban AS. Do you always have such a negative outlook? I just don't see the point in you trying to encourage small clans to war just so you can beat them. You get very little reward as there's no fights going on most of the time.
Perhaps the fix would be making your clan more appealing so good people would join :)
EllieJay,
That is my point though, Why ban people just because your wars are boring? I, after months of wars, think a boring war is better than no war, that was my whole point. You are avoiding answering the question - would you want more clans to sign up, or no wars at all? Wars died once already, you can't say that the changes have fixed that, they have made it better for a few in game, but not all. This game needs to be more inclusive instead of only for the ones that cash the most, right?

You cannot say my clan is not appealing and good people don't join, I have proven beyond a doubt that is not true and currently have one of the most active and hard working clans out there. I do get good players in, when I can find them, where would you recommend I find more? I am much much younger than the 'big' clans, and if given time, I could very much be as strong, but that will not happen if people keep quitting the game.
maybe u would like to go back to the old system so wars can be arranged and we can pick on level 1 clans to ensure a win ?
maybe we should go back to the old system and have prearranged wars or pick on level 1 clans
I fully admit, I could be wrong, maybe it's not the ban that is making other clans avoid wars. If it's not the risk of ban, what is it? I only have what a few other clan leaders have told me, and that is simply, if it wasn't for a risk of ban, we would war. That's all this post was aimed to show, that there are too few wars, very little competition, and not enough people having a good time fighting in wars.

But do most of you realize that there are 24 non-guardian clans in game now? And only 4-6 active enough for wars?
Storm Kat,

Not true, 9th signed up......
Kat, you have completely ignored my question. If people aren't signing up anyway then why would they be worried about a 1 month ban? A 1 month ban just stops you warring for a month, but if you're not signing up for a month then it really wouldn't bother you.

I never said ban people because our wars are boring at all. I never mentioned the ban in the slightest besides to ask why it would bother them. Do you make a habit of putting words in to people's mouths to make your point? You keep saying that the big clans will have to deal with some boring wars to make more people sign up, but that's just it, we DO deal with boring wars when we fight your clan and some others that sign up so it would make absolutely no difference to us.
Also, I notice you have quite a few alts in your clan (a couple from yourself, and about 7 or 8 others that I know for sure are alts of people). That's 1/5th or more of your clan that can't/won't fight during wars and are no help to you. Perhaps a good place to begin would be kick the alts and have people join who could fight with you.

Just a suggestion.
EllieJay,
I really wish you would put yourself in others shoes for a moment, but here are all the replies:

"If people aren't signing up anyway then why would they be worried about a 1 month ban? "
Didn't read the posts before commenting? Ok, here's the copy/paste of what I wrote before: (as clan knows there is a chance few will show on tuesday and due to work, I miss at least 30-60 mins of the war on tuesdays, we have chosen not to risk losing saturday wars). From other clans, Even though they don't get enough 1 week, they Might the next. VS & BH are examples of that and both leaders would tell you the same.

"Do you make a habit of putting words in to people's mouths to make your point?" No, actually, if you start from the top and work your way down, you misquoted and insulted me. I even used the "" when making a joke but too many on this forum don't seem to think I have any sense of humor. Yet again, I make a valid post, and it gets immediately taken to "Beat on Kat". Your crew of Kat Hater's tend to forget that although I write the posts, it is after having discussions with others, who would post themselves but are scared of getting BC'd out of the game. I have survived these attempts before to both insult me into 'shutting up' and survived the attempts to BC me out of the game. Your words here have been of no help at all to the topic and were written solely for the purpose of insulting my clan and my opinion..... and there's nothing I can do about it, is there?

"Perhaps a good place to begin would be kick the alts and have people join who could fight with you. " OMG Ellie!!!! Where are you expecting me to find these people????????? Have you notice the DEAD Vaalor side? Or are you really that blind to the problem?

And the most important part of your comment "I never mentioned the ban in the slightest besides to ask why it would bother them. " MY WHOLE POST WAS TO ASK OPINIONS ON THE BAN....... which instead of trying to help the discussion about the BAN you attack me and my clan. ">
Truffles,
Oops, was given misinformation that Ninth didn't sign because too many couldn't make it today. Thank you for clarifying. So, if AS hadn't signed up there still would have been 2 wars. Still seems like a sad number with 20+ clans in the game.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.