Clan Wars: Discussion

Warriors! We are currently working on brand new clan wars which many of you are waiting for eagerly. We want to make these new changes so that event would be interesting and fair to everyone. Few words on how we're expecting the new clan wars to look.

Main changes from the previous format of Clan Wars:

1) All wars will start twice a week - at 21:00 on Wednesdays and 16:00 Saturdays.
2) Duration of wars reduced to 2 hours.
3) If clan wants to participate in a war Clan Leader or someone with necessary permissions needs to press button "We want to Fight" in diplomacy tab no less than 24 hours before the start.
4) Enemy is chosen automatically using several variables to make the fights as balanced as possible while avoiding putting two same clans one against each other too often. Until the start of war you do not know who you'll fight.
5) Requirements and fight mechanics in general will stay unchanged. However new events like "destroy a caravan with ammunition" that will reward extra points and consumables might be added. Contribution and Seal of Defeat removed completely.
6) If you pressed button that you want to participate in next War day you cannot cancel your participation.
7) Heroism rewards will be doubled from previous wars.

Rewards: Heroism for fights as well as bonus points for most active members in them. Sydian and clan reputation as well as some other rewards. While little bit less than winners losers will also receive both Sydian and Clan Reputation! However only winners will be rewarded with Heroism. It will all depend on your own activity!

From our point of view only few active clans were constantly participating in wars and we'd like to see that changed with new format of Clan Wars and for it to stay active even after first month of changes. We are discussing idea(-s) regards to making clans into full fledged Alliances with Alliance chats while decreasing maximum number of players that can be in clan. But we'd like to hear your feedback on this first!
Comments
Only comment I am going to make is about the times firstly Wednesday starting at 21:00 as has been commented by several people this clashes with the main DoT battle if you cant move the clan war slot to the following day how about starting it 30 minutes later secondly Saturday 16:00 to 18:00 does not suit me at all though I can understand why this slot has been proposed as it does not clash with the various weekend events my suggestion for a better time is the slot 19:00 to 21:00 on a Sunday and while this does overlap with some of the events it means there is no clash for the first full day and who knows scheduling the clan war while the Battle Steel event is still running might actually achieve DE's goal of having more clans taking part in wars.
Aaaaaaaaand dead. New thread!
Reaghnf,
Back to making my pancakes Dr. Pookster! ">
Clara Korn,

RF_17,

If noone gives a ****, and the changes are how they are, the majority of the game likes it, other than elitists ofc, because they don't get the gold they want, and if another clan surrenders to them, you get no gold, no heroism, which makes lil RF cry. Suck it up or go find another game :D
And Reag has his option to voice his opinion all day long and all you can do is rant, can't tax anymore, and he can just wear protection. And he doesn't care if you rant because you mean nothing to most people, even some in your clan, and reag isn't the one to go rage.
(wood)(wood) I think that speaks for many in the game :D
I vote reset everyones accounts to new and we all start over!

but seriously y debate on something that we truely know nothing solid about? lets do the 'war rush' for a month, then 6 months of balancing out, (cough*sadar domination*cough) till most people stop doing them all together and then finally fix all the little problems! when people say we want heroism for losing we are not wanting 5k for losing... even 50 to a 2k valor earned ratio would be acceptable. not only in wars bur sb as well. (this whole paragraph is sarcasm but serious)

As for my thoughts on quitter penalties. that will make people quit. " Hey my clan warred 4 times this month and I was not on now I can not do hop! Only way I made any money is hop. I have no hope of growing stronger now I QUIT!!!" do not deny that this is going to happen either! Then those that are left are ones that are like. "no hop... trying not to gain exp to stay in bracket and farm mats. does not effect me!"

as for rewards I think BOTH individual and clan rewards should be given. an individual putting a lot of effort into a war would want something for the expense and work. a clan reward could be done by making the individual rewards small in comparison (even if your clan loses) "Hey I was only one that fought elitests! (just naming the most common mentioned clan"> ) I deserve the bonus not you all." " but we are a clan" ""> then next time fight also!" A small prize for people participating in a war (maybe .50 reals and various consumable packs) would go a long way

time... no comment about

Added suggestion repeatable side quests. deal x damage, get x player kills at same of above level, win x battles, receive x damage. lose x battles, die x times (negative based quests would receive lesser rewards but also get temp buffs during the war) gather x war asset, collect x war asset, travel x distance with war assets. I could go on. but in general there will be a 'clan' set of quests where it accumulates for the clan then a set for 'individuals' each of these quests will give exp, valor, heroism and either buff (for negative side) or prizes (aka consumable packs and better exps rewards)

edit

clan rewards for winning, an area they claim their own with all the professions available to them and a sadian mine for 1 week. (cd till they can war again) basically a 1 stop shop for professions with a pond, farm, hunter traps and mine (it will be shared between the whole clan. so 2 sets of each mines, 12 places for hunter traps for any trap (will get mobs of trap/bait level) a plot of 18 places of crops and 12 fishing spots. if a place is claimed by another clanny that place can not be used. (limit of 2 spots of a profession, 3 if farmer, can be used by 1 person.) this area should be accessible from winery and will be bound to traps set in other places. (if traps, plants or miners are left in area after it expires the times will be returned in original state but any mats got are lost)

that all I got for now
To clarify at least how the punishment thing was meant from my side. I wanted punishment for the whole Clan to prevent clans from just sitting in hall just wating the war to be over or logging of till war is over just cauze they dont like their opponent. What i never meant and what in my oppinion would be a terrible idea to punish individual clan members for not participating. But if clans can just sit out wars when they dont like their opponent unpunished other clans will follow what would result in all clans just fighting when they have a weaker opponent and thus no wars at all.

For this purpose in my oppinion a thing like the old contribution but with money payed to the game and not to special clans and WITHOUT this seal thing which i think was far worse than the contribution itself.

Additional i think there shouldnt be fixed up treshholds for this but admin decided punishments after a certain amount of warnings.
Clara Korn,
But most clans would not hide. Elitist will never get a war without a deal made and same would go for HF. Ninth would get more but would still be a high number of "hiding wars" too. But all other clans would war. So top tier clans would not benefit, but smaller clans would grow. They will fight each other. Which I think would be good for game. We are too top heavy as a game so growing smells is very good for game.
Clara Korn,

The developers and administration want clan to be balance. If the clan sit at clan hall for the whole 2 hours, that just means the clan is not balance so they will not fight. If Elitist ever want to fight a war then some of the high cash cows have to leave the clan for another clan or start their own. The other option is not fighting a single war clan again.
Reaghnf We are too top heavy as a game so growing smells is very good for game.

we growing smells now? What kind of smells doc????? Hopefully good ones ">">

now back to the important stuff... where is our war button?
Button yet? ">
ReaghnfElitist will never get a war without a deal made and same would go for HF.
Who is making deals and what are they?

No matter what smurf clan I join I plan to war with all clans!

I don’t hide or make deals
Elitist & HF bring it ">
Outnumbered & Overpowered - Excellent ">
2 Hours to be the best you can be in this game - Best Day Ever! ">

WAR BUTTON IHIT!
or else ">

Storm Kat,
Smalls... Typing on phone I didn't re-read my post like I normally do for errors.

Neverwin,
Elite and hf will make deals allowing lesser clans to mine sydian sites they control so that the clan will actually come out and fight and give the bigger clan heroism. Mostly due to the fact they know they will not lose very many fights if any unless the purposely do.

And yes I know you see no challenge to big to overcome. But some players like me where it takes time to collect gold and resources. Time that would rather not be wasted on pointless ventures like those wars. I don't hop to feed heroism to someone else. A fair fight war? Where I can win and lose. I'm in. Will drop a lot of gold and resources for those. A one sided fight, no. Depending on war rewards, "winning"a war contribution is somewhat pointless. Priority of wars now shifts to winning fights. Which was high already. But if you don't win fights then wars are pointless, unless we are like you and enjoy the fights. (Not saying anything wrong with that) (black_beer)
Actually, war deals that I am hoping to see are the ones Everyone is familiar with Food/Balms only wars, so our "littles" would actually have a chance at some kills and valor. Those are the deals I look forward to making. If Sydian safety is involved then I won't refuse it, but it doesn't actually change the fact that AS will fight those that play nice with us and allow us to spend less money
ReaghnfStorm Kat,
Smalls... Typing on phone I didn't re-read my post like I normally do for errors.

Neverwin,
Elite and hf will make deals allowing lesser clans to mine sydian sites they control so that the clan will actually come out and fight and give the bigger clan heroism. Mostly due to the fact they know they will not lose very many fights if any unless the purposely do.

And yes I know you see no challenge to big to overcome. But some players like me where it takes time to collect gold and resources. Time that would rather not be wasted on pointless ventures like those wars. I don't hop to feed heroism to someone else. A fair fight war? Where I can win and lose. I'm in. Will drop a lot of gold and resources for those. A one sided fight, no. Depending on war rewards, "winning"a war contribution is somewhat pointless. Priority of wars now shifts to winning fights. Which was high already. But if you don't win fights then wars are pointless, unless we are like you and enjoy the fights. (Not saying anything wrong with that) (black_beer)

I think most of the things you are referring to involve the old war rules. How can you make a deal or avoid a certain clan if as ihit has stated the pairing is random. I do agree with you in the fact that I believe clan war participation will dwindle as time goes on if the same clans keep fighting one another but I am sure the devs are hoping the enticement of heroism keeps things going. I am not sure how the new war system is so much of a HF and Elitist issue though because most wars that 9th are in they will be favored as well.

We can not fault individuals for choosing the clans to align with. That is the reason the power is in HF and Elitist it is not an attack on the server or Vaalor clans. Also I can say this for HF because I have been here longer than most, we have not made a deal with any clan for wars contingent upon sydian in the past and it is not something that we will do. I am not sure who told you that but it is simply not true.
MTDill,
Deals will prob be offered day of. I would assume. And you are right I do not know of any deals HF has made for sydian, protection yes, but not sydian. I know elite have. But I assume once you are all upgraded it will get there because individuals in those two clans will move faster in game then any others. And yes we will in ninth be favored a lot too. But people will attempt wars with us more because we are not loaded with bigs. Think I looked it up the other day... Hf has only 9 players under level 50 and elitist I think have 14. Compare that to us or any other clan and people think they have much better odds of winning fights with us where those two they see as pointless. But I did include us with hf/elite as it being a issue. I just assume slightly less.

As players we've always try to find a way no matter the construct to play how we see. SB were open to everyone but players made rules, aoh has no restrictions on summoning, but players made rules. People will complain if clan don't war so more bigs will bc 20's 30's 50's to hope that the tactic of making you stop playing will force clans to war. (Which I always thought was backwards way of thinking. Make it harder for someone to play, doesn't make them want to play. Get them to grow and they will want to play. You just risk losing eventually. Which to some seems like end of the world lol). so no matter what they do as admins players will form ways to do what they want. If it is never pushing the button (which I see eventually happening) or hiding in hall or logging off or playing toons for two hours players will do so. Most want to grow to fight. Some don't like competition, just dominance. But many will push the button hope for a good competitor and if they don't get walk away. Yes I know clans like AS will fight, but storm even said please make it cheaper. What if every war every clan always mount temple buff ambrosia etc... Do you think that system would last. Only two clans can afford that. Like if you do aoh and you lose every aoh. None of us besides maybe never keep going. We stop and try again later once they leave. ( I speak of when random generator of teams keeps same team over and over again.)

But I've been saying this again and again. The system was never the problem. If clans were all made up like hf/elite. There would be wars a plenty and this would never be a issue. But powers that be choose to monopolize things so the difference stays that way and hence our game stays in stalemate till clans grow, very slowly. May be years for many to catch up. They get mad and put harder restrictions on players as punishment and game gets slower and less active. There will always be some who will fight. But they will be the minority and eventually tire of fighting and losing.(except neverwin, don't think he'll ever tire. Which I respect him completely for).
Clan size changes, fine with either way. I like the updates from what I hear. I would add , please allow us to fight our alliances in clan wars. They would be fun and since there is no seal of defeat or no money exchange I don't see a problem with it

I only wish the times for war would be better for people in the Americas
scandelnavia,

What's so bad about mid-day on weekend?
Ihit u still have not addressed the times in austrailia and surrounding regions my times for battles are 1am and 4 am
Ihitscandelnavia,

What's so bad about mid-day on weekend?

Its actually pretty early in america 16:00 CET is about 10:00 and earlier over there.
I like the shorter war time, I have kids & it's hard to be on for 3 hours (4 with pre & post war prep). Not knowing who you're fighting til you start and more heroism seems good too.
But do wish the war times where different from DOT & Event times.... But look forward to getting back at it with the other clans.
">">
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.