An Open Letter to Adan

To the inhabitants of Adan -

It seems some players have decided that since they cannot defeat us in war, and that because despite around-the-clock attacks they cannot dissuade us from taking our fair share of the islands... rather than share a portion of them with us they'd rather spread rumors, fearmonger, and generally project their own behavior onto myself and my clan in an attempt to break our spirit. I'm here to tell you that you should probably save your spheres and your breath.

First, a definition for you. Psychological Projection. Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

I'm told, over and again, that I'm demanding protection money from clans... that I'm running a protection racket. Protection from what exactly? What do I have to offer in exchange for this "money"? All the islands that I claim to own? That we'll stop bcing people if they give us what we want? Look at the facts... the history... and put them in relation to the above.

Who in adan has a history of bcing people until they join their clan, even forcing them to switch factions in some cases?

Who in adan claims to own all of the islands in the archipelago and offers use of them as payment to other clans if they'll take a beating and give up heroism?

Who now is using these tactics to enlist other clans to help them attack/defend themselves against imagined attacks, thereby operating an actual protection racket?

Now ask yourself, who in adan is concerned that thier usual bullying tactics have not broken our spirit, and will stop at nothing to maintain the order of things as they've been... where these people can do whatever they want and expect you to take it and enjoy it?

Ninth certainly is not the answer to any of these questions.

From defending small clans in bc fights that were unwinnable - but we tried anyway - to healing the victims of their bc sprees free of charge and teaching new players about the game, to leaving sadar to take the hardest role on the server - being the competition to the insane amounts of money in sadar... I've endeavored all along to rebalance the server. Not because I want power - ask anyone who really knows me ... I HATE leading - but to prolong the life of the game we all love to play. How many amazing players and people have we lost to attrition? How many got bored and just plain quit?

And to those in power; I thought you wanted a fight, some competition, something... why then are you turning to personal attacks when I've given you exactly what you've demanded all along? Why do you spread rumors and falsehoods in a misguided attempt to destroy our clan? I recall being berated endlessly for not providing a challenge at first...

Maybe you don't worry about such things because you've never enjoyed a game that fell apart in such a way - but I have. Several of them in fact. And I enjoy the game and the people here too much to not try to do something about that before it's too late.

So believe the rumors if you want. Listen to what I'm certain will be a very clever and twisted response from those struggling to hold on to thier absolute power... but put those accusations and statments to the test of fact and reason before you blindly charge, weapons drawn.

I will not be broken. Least of all by liars and fearmongerers desparately clinging to power. And with no desire to get into arguments with anyone, I'll not bother to check the replies to this message. If anyone wishes to speak to me about it, send me a pm. I'll be happy to chat.

It's a game folks - have fun, enjoy the escape from reality, fight hard, but remember that it is, in the end, just a game.

Good luck all - see you out there.

-gecko
Comments
Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed
duckonqwack1Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed

I'd say anyone that wants to accuse us of being farmers need only look at our war record to be corrected on that.

And about the earlier post on us offering protection in return for feeding us...I don't even know what people would feed us or how that reply makes even the slightest bit of sense. If you're talking about heroism, we certainly aren't in need of anyone feeding us that (I do love gold, candy corn, and long walks on the beach, so feel free to feed us those). Your story sounds to me like fiction that you've pulled out of the air.

Our position has pretty consistently been "be friends with us, we'll be friends with you...be our enemy, we'll do the same". Two members of Fallen, one of whom is their clan leader, attacked us (I was actually in the fight, so it is incorrect to say that 9th wasn't involved), so we hit them back...simple as that.
Lance Corpus,

the exact words from peeps were "they want us to build strong players then send them over there so that they are the strongest in the game and if we do they will protect us"

and you say "be friends with us, we'll be friends with you...be our enemy, we'll do the same". you complain about us attacking you.... but you guys started it so don't try to pin that one on us there bud.

you say "Two members of Fallen, one of whom is their clan leader, attacked us (I was actually in the fight, so it is incorrect to say that 9th wasn't involved), so we hit them back...simple as that." then why in gods name are u complaining about us doing the exact same.

If you cant stay in the ring then don't come in to throw a punch then run away and cry when we come after you.

Thanks for your effort, Ducky

duckonqwack1,
Now actually, hellfire started to bully a long time ago. 9th just stond up, so no they did not start.
*stood
Lance Corpusduckonqwack1Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed

I'd say anyone that wants to accuse us of being farmers need only look at our war record to be corrected on that.

And about the earlier post on us offering protection in return for feeding us...I don't even know what people would feed us or how that reply makes even the slightest bit of sense. If you're talking about heroism, we certainly aren't in need of anyone feeding us that (I do love gold, candy corn, and long walks on the beach, so feel free to feed us those). Your story sounds to me like fiction that you've pulled out of the air.

Our position has pretty consistently been "be friends with us, we'll be friends with you...be our enemy, we'll do the same". Two members of Fallen, one of whom is their clan leader, attacked us (I was actually in the fight, so it is incorrect to say that 9th wasn't involved), so we hit them back...simple as that.

i think u messed up two different things it was df who was in the fight ninth where not in not fallen

duck: u are not talking about VS members right if so u should better know the fact before talking

Only two things i want to say about this topic: First dont judge ninth for what happened before gecko was clan leader cauze the only thing that remaind from this clan is the name and second im not AWARE of ninth offering anyone protection for wars/gold/whatever
People are going to fight over everything because it's a war game. Just a bunch of arguing over he said she said. Get over it and stop beating a dead horse. And, most importantly, actions will speak louder than words. Have a couple and just enjoy the game.
Lance Corpus,
the link i saw means you need to get your story straight
Lance Corpus,

Damn lance! lmao, I read that and laughed my ass off.
D3athKnight,

duckonqwack1,

When someone who was just in your clan, RECENTLY, and left WILLINGLY and says you guys start the bullying, as he sees clan chats and is informed on your tantrums.
And he says you guys started, & are bullies....you're just clueless if you disagree.
Sadar were bullies for so long.
Just because we have a leader that has the balls to fight back, doesn't mean we're bullies.
So if anyones to go play farmville, Hellfire, -----------> It's that way.
So don't come here and as I call it "do the dass" = argue with no meaning to it, with BS thats not true & doesn't make sense, being drunk.
And if I may point out, being in a war game, bullying someone is no problem to anyone, except when you don't expect it, as I see it, you may as well, but maybe not, when people expect it, then not soo much flame wars, but when you don't, it's just payback. Sadars been pushing Valor around, and we fight back, it's then considered bullying. Let me inform you sadar, if I may use this cheesy saying, but does point out a lot "What goes around, comes around"
I think I made my point, but you Sadar players will go around it anyways, knowing what you read is true.

_Mindless_Prodigy_,
First of all, don't make them more angry then they already are. I don't wish a bad future for HellFire, this is a wargame, of course there are bullies! And the side that's stronger (so right now Sadar) changes a lot, vaalor used to be the strongest with MIF etc around, but now not anymore. But don't be mad at me if I want to change position because I'm tired of people complaining to me that my clan "does bad stuff". And now some people get the chance to stand up against the "bullies" then it's ok, this is a wargame. So both sides shouldn't complain about being bullied as this game is designed for this, sorry guys.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
if hellfire is playing I better warn my grandma
Its a war game. suck it up, ladies and gents!!!! No sympathy in war. No sharing in war. Nothing but war!!!! LETS GO MAKE SOME WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on another note, I lost my puppy dog. Will anyone help me find him???
Novinha,
oh no! What kind is it? Big? Little?...?
Clara KornLance Corpus[QNAMEF kind="s" gender="m"]duckonqwack1:[/QNAMEF]Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed

i think u messed up two different things it was df who was in the fight ninth where not in not fallen

duck: u are not talking about VS members right if so u should better know the fact before talking

Only two things i want to say about this topic: First dont judge ninth for what happened before gecko was clan leader cauze the only thing that remaind from this clan is the name and second im not AWARE of ninth offering anyone protection for wars/gold/whatever

get your story strait lance...DF was in the fight that was against AS and there was no 9th in it till the end when gecko joined it. WE were fighting AS so gecko had no reason to threaten me.
ravenskiClara Korn[QNAMEF kind="v" gender="m"]Lance Corpus:[/QNAMEF][QNAMEF kind="s" gender="m"]duckonqwack1:[/QNAMEF]Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed

get your story strait lance...DF was in the fight that was against AS and there was no 9th in it till the end when gecko joined it. WE were fighting AS so gecko had no reason to threaten me.

Please re-read my post and point out where I mentioned DF at all. I mentioned Fallen, I mentioned long walks on the beach, and I would have probably made mention of Novi's puppy had her post been up before mine, but I don't think I brought up DF anywhere.

So...if you're going to misrepresent what I say or misdirect my post at yourself and take it personally, please bother reading it first.
Lance Corpusravenski[QNAMEF kind="v" gender="f"]Clara Korn:[/QNAMEF][QNAMEF kind="v" gender="m"]Lance Corpus:[/QNAMEF][QNAMEF kind="s" gender="m"]duckonqwack1:[/QNAMEF]Ironic123,
its more ninth's speed

Please re-read my post and point out where I mentioned DF at all. I mentioned Fallen, I mentioned long walks on the beach, and I would have probably made mention of Novi's puppy had her post been up before mine, but I don't think I brought up DF anywhere.

So...if you're going to misrepresent what I say or misdirect my post at yourself and take it personally, please bother reading it first.

it was either you or clara corn that said it in this post...no matter how you look at it gecko threatened me for attacking in a battle against AS which makes no sense to me
ravenski,

Lance Corpus,

Ooo burn!
Go lance!
clara she called you corn.... you gunna take that?
This thread is STUPID.

Admin should delete the whole thread.

Why is it stupid? Forum is suppose to a tool to ask or suggest ideas to administration so they can improve the game.

ALL I hear from this thread is dirty old clothes made public to people whom don't want to hear it.

You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.