Lvl 90 cap & Ascendance

Sooo, pandor. has asked us to open the lvl 90 cap. Let me explain the possible danger of doing it.
There're few people on the Nova server, and opening another 20 levels can spread active playes even further, what may result in empty BGs and trouble with finishing quests.
BUT if you guys think that benefits outweigh the risks - we CAN do it. Plase, write your thoughts here. If I'll see enough activity here - I'll call a vote in the game itself. If majority votes yes - the Nova server will get lvl 90 cap and all additional content associated with it.

P. S.: Merging with Terra is out of the question. That's not even our decision, and there's nothing we can do about it, so we'll concentrate on revivng the game here on Nova.
Comments
Raise it please
Yes I vote yes . If people don’t want to progress then don’t play
lakerIdk if raising cap is the right move, most of the ppl that wanted it isnt active anymore lol, imo the best move is to move sb/ruins from faction based events to random teams that will get the server more active in the long run

I agree with Laker, I understand those who wants the level cap lifted I have quit before because I was bored of the same myself but there is no point lifting the cap if the same issues remain. There is no SB, no ruins, no ToH, there is nothing really going on currently because of the imbalance between factions and levels.

So I would advice to do something about SB and ruins like mixing up players no matter faction, before lifting lv cap.
Removed by user
Good idea, open up (ok)
i agree to. i play here for almost 6 years and wait for an eternity to break the next lv cap.
DO IT!!!
I still ask you to reconsider the merge. there is 50 people in each square at times there. we have what, 6? we face bots in arena rather than other players, it would be very nice to have a server full of people again. nova is dead now, I dont see how it would hurt anything. I think people would enjoy more
Dismantler, P. S.: Merging with Terra is out of the question. That's not even our decision, and there's nothing we can do about it, so we'll concentrate on revivng the game here on Nova.
The majority of the level 70 have abandoned the game. The end result is most the activity on the Nova server is DEAD. Bring the server back from the dead and raise the LEVEL yesterday!!!!!
For me personally, it doesn’t matter if the cap is open or not. What I am having trouble with is gaining Seven Bridges rep and Heroism. Both Sea Battles and RoAC seem to fire at certain hours, likely due to theatre is when most of the people are online. But that is usually when I am at work, so I can’t play. When I am able to join, there are not enough people to get those battlegrounds running. I think there needs to be some other way to gain these reps, either through clanless or bot-filled battlegrounds.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
game good i fight drink chat bring it on and more quests for reals ok cheers
I vote yes, to many people left the game cause the lvl cap raise has been out to long.
They will return when cap is raised.
the problems we have on this server have a lot to do with boredom cause lvl 70's have no goal anymore.
It;s about time. Hope you do it sooner than later.
ValkyrielakerIdk if raising cap is the right move, most of the ppl that wanted it isnt active anymore lol, imo the best move is to move sb/ruins from faction based events to random teams that will get the server more active in the long run

I agree with Laker, I understand those who wants the level cap lifted I have quit before because I was bored of the same myself but there is no point lifting the cap if the same issues remain. There is no SB, no ruins, no ToH, there is nothing really going on currently because of the imbalance between factions and levels.

So I would advice to do something about SB and ruins like mixing up players no matter faction, before lifting lv cap.
Seth TraymorFor me personally, it doesn’t matter if the cap is open or not. What I am having trouble with is gaining Seven Bridges rep and Heroism. Both Sea Battles and RoAC seem to fire at certain hours, likely due to theatre is when most of the people are online. But that is usually when I am at work, so I can’t play. When I am able to join, there are not enough people to get those battlegrounds running. I think there needs to be some other way to gain these reps, either through clanless or bot-filled battlegrounds.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
what they say is truth!!
Remove the SB/ Ruins from faction based events too random teams like AOH and then open up this server to a level 90 cap.
Before opening level 70 up to level 90, I believe there are other issues that need to be addressed beforehand.
Heroism
The return of clan wars will help in this area, gaining heroism is important to all players. With the current, faction-based sea battles and Ruins of Ancient Capital there are players here who will punish weaker players who join, to the point that the combats rarely have enough players to allow the combats to begin. I think a few modifications could encourage more active participation. As stated before, removing faction based combats should help. Additionally, in the case of Sea Battles and Clan Wars, perhaps a winner-takes-all approach is something that can be changed. Something more along the lines of how Valor is earned, where the losing side is rewarded with valor, how about the losing sides of Sea Battles and Clan Wars getting a reduced amount of Heroism? It would allow weaker players quicker access to more powerful gear, and should help make it more encouraging to participate. (Who in the game hasn't heard the comment "don't feed them heroism") Otherwise, in order for Wars and SB's to continuously run, the game is depending on players willing to spend a lot of time/gold to fight in a hopeless combat repetitively. Strong disincentive for joining. Invariably this will result in the case of Wars, the weaker clan refusing to fight, and the stronger clan frustrated that nobody will come out of clan hall. So goes the downward spiral of participation.
Balance
How will opening level 90 improve this? I know there are other activities that will be opened up, outposts and rebirth, all that is very encouraging. But if this will result in the most powerful clans monopolizing sydian, gear upgrades, and other essential items, then it will serve only to amplify the problems this server is having to deal with currently.
I don't particularly like lopsided combats, (lopsided wins are fun at first, but get boring) and I suspect most players prefer the combats that the outcome is in question to the ones where simply looking at the teams will be enough knowledge to know who wins and who loses.
Growth
I love the idea of opening up new adventures, new quests and locations. I know players who have already gotten ready for the new quests, and that is very encouraging. From a standpoint of giving capped players something to look forward to, this is very helpful.
There is merit in opening up the level cap, but at this point in time I feel the server community is better served in other ways. I believe the fact that you are listening and taking the time to make this server more active as well as addressing the bug issues is fantastic, and with that happening, I believe you will see a more active server and some of the dormant players come out of hibernation.
Once the number of mains increases to with more active players getting into the daily events, then I think it will be the time to open up 90 and all the eagerly anticipated options it holds.
Thank you again for listening and making Adan a better place.
Wow nice its need!
It needs to done before Nova dies from inactivity.
I say about goddamn time "YES" been here 3yrs and I remember lev 70 when I started crying about needing next upgrade, now I am in 61-70 group and too many lev 70 are maxed out and ruin arena , send them on to next group and let us have fun again
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.