Joining fights and drawing them out longer.

So by demand of some players I'd like to hear thoughts of most players. What do you think of these tactics? Legit or do you think it's simply cheap griefing. Discuss and keep it civil and no name calling please.
Comments
I think it's a negative tactic that shouldn't be allowed. Many folk are on very limited time per day in the game. The issue with joining fights then stalling them out is that there isn't anything the other player can do about it. Mob fights on the mainland should lock when the first player joins which would solve the problem and not need policing then. It would be simple code to implement also.
As for naked fighting if the fights aren't locked then where do you draw the line...pretty cheap to buy a recruit set from the shop that is nothing if it breaks, does dropping a dead drag with no gear on count as well? I would suggest it should as it then drops another mob the player would have to deal with, that has the objective of trying to break someone else's gear.
If you are getting continuously bc'd by someone who has better gear than you, whatever the level comparison, it is a one sided fight that you can't win, (or does anyone think I can beat RF for example?) this is allowed, even encouraged. The only way to discourage this is to mess them up some how so they don't think it is worth doing. I have done this when I was about level 35ish and unclanned. After having to fight 4 mobs in the daily incident every time the person bc'ing me soon stopped. I think this is a legitimate defensive tactic and should be allowed.

Other means of stopping people gaining reps are worse than this, this just slows down the money earning process. Hexing or bc'ing someone just before aoh/7b on event days stops people entering, wasting balms, food etc. but I don't see complaints about this.
Rajabi,
the hexing and BCing tactic was ended with the ability to fight from clan hall or squares which I thought was great and stops other players from keeping you out of arenas like many use to do. Many clans still try though to red curse a clan before a event.
How can you draw people out aka stall with no gear? The more superior gear, the more health power so no gear means less if any health power which will die with one single non critical hit. I have to give ihit a (black_beer) for using the wag the dog tactic. Being bog down by triple digit pm's regarding the medallion updates and using this thread as a distraction. I apologize if ihit is talking about the hero empire event. People can be vindictive by being naked and joining and summoning naked dragon so it is 3 mobs against 1 and the player will get -2 damage to their gear because of PvE instead of -1 damage to PvP. I am in the believe that admin should let people think outside the box to defend/grief, of course within the guidelines of the rules. Ihit is thinking about changing the rules so
Simple solution.... Bigs Stop attacking players on hop and they will stop messing with yours. Easy.
The proposed change IMHO is only favorable to a gamer bully. Therefore,it's pointless
ReaghnfRajabi,
the hexing and BCing tactic was ended with the ability to fight from clan hall or squares which I thought was great and stops other players from keeping you out of arenas like many use to do. Many clans still try though to red curse a clan before a event.

Correction: Some clans are trying to red curse your all the time.
Clara Korn,
True but certain red curse 70s become especially active attacking 20, 30s and 40s with red curses the morning of event. Yes according to ihit this is for rep not to prevent them from taking part in events. But it happens so regularly that we know to expect it. But you know they need that red curse rep from those 30s
Clara Korn,
True but certain red curse 70s become especially active attacking 20, 30s and 40s with red curses the morning of event. Yes according to ihit this is for rep not to prevent them from taking part in events. But it happens so regularly that we know to expect it. But you know they need that red curse rep from those 30s

But not what this discussion is about. But I can say. for those 30's to get red cursed on event day it is viable option to go ruin a 70's hop by stalling out a bag. Haha I encourage them all to start finding the people who curse and do it none stop.
Lance CorpusIhitJoining fights and drawing them out longer.
So by demand of some players I'd like to hear thoughts of most players. What do you think of these tactics? Legit or do you think it's simply cheap griefing. Discuss and keep it civil and no name calling please.

I think that the game is designed to allow lots of forms of griefing...BCing, hexing, a forum to brag on, a gallery where we can post funny things to grief people about, a main chat to talk in, and tons of other things. Not allowing one form of griefing but continuing to allow others seems selective and silly to me.

-Lance-

I must agree with Lance on this, it does not make sense to punish one kind of tactic and to allow others that are also harmful for players like to bc or hex someone while they are chasing garuug...

Also I think what should be punished is entering a pvp or pve fight with no gear on. Period. Every action must have consequences.

My personal oppinion is it should not be allowed. For the single reason if a lower level/weaker player gets constantly get bced while hop, farming on mainland e.t.c, he can at least put on peacefullness and farm eyes to make some money/ do pro quests e.t.c. Without this option u can destroy the game completely for a single person.
Main argument is the intention behind the mechanics. Its intended that Hop and farming on the Arch is a tradeoff having a higher income/progress for having no protection.

Peacfullness in combination with blessing is intended to give u complete immunity to grief for other player in trade off for getting denied pvp.

This should clearly exclude joining hero incident fights if the intention is to kill the mobs not grief in case of a shortage of available mobs. Or in general all mobs that get shared between the players and not personal spawn.

Joining pve fights naked serves a purpose other than grief and is in my oppinion a legit tactic, so should be allowed

Joining pvp fights naked was clearly stated as a rule violation before and shouldnt be discussed in this topic again imo.

On another topic imo this should be extended to ATTACKING ships and than not fighting as it causes the same form of grief. Wasting a lot of time and eventual buffs for the defending player with close to no gain when winning, along with a certain heroism gain for the attacking player that will 95% plus win the shootout as he doesn´t intend to win it.
Level 70 with red bc hits level 30. dragoneternity.com/game/fight.php?id=5579a8f5-e0b0-0103-7b29-7bb9a6292426
One Day, I might be good enough to actually have a chance. Until then, Why shouldn't I be allowed to make sure he can't hop so he can't afford the spheres as easily?
and a Level 33, while level 33 is on red bag & hop. dragoneternity.com/game/fight.php?id=5579ad9d-331d-0202-8a87-da02ea777eb0

My reply to those actions - hit sydian mines. dragoneternity.com/game/fight.php?id=55799c9a-d39f-0305-1444-bad5c5a36492
Contrary to the rumors - I did not bc Waka during her hop, she Chose to defend a sydian mine. I was geared, I used pots, and I put up a pretty darn good (and VERY SLOW) fight for a level 30. Which was the point I wanted to make. We may not have the shiniest level 70s around, but we have a lot of good people, willing to stand up for ourselves, the 14 red curses in clan proves it. And Why did this all start? Because we Dared defend ourselves when being bc'd on hops. "> If the bc'ing continues, Why shouldn't I send an army out to mess with Skif (and piiiep's, since he started it all) while they hop? How else are we going to get them to back off?
Clara KornMy personal oppinion is it should not be allowed.

Joining pve fights naked serves a purpose other than grief and is in my oppinion a legit tactic, so should be allowed.

Is that a yes or no to it? lol
Hmm is it just me on did this go offtopic? Great job guys! Can't even have a civil conversation.

Anyways I don't like the idea of people messing with others HOPs. Being able to do HOP is what enables nearly everyone in this game to participate.

Now then, my question: What is griefing?
Ironic123Hmm is it just me on did this go offtopic? Great job guys! Can't even have a civil conversation.

Anyways I don't like the idea of people messing with others HOPs. Being able to do HOP is what enables nearly everyone in this game to participate.

Now then, my question: What is griefing?

Griefing is basically going out of you way to make someones game play unbearable. It can be verbal, or through the game itself.
Ironic123,

Grief is what everyone do in a funeral. Other people in the game do something to you or someone close to you and you are fill with emotions. You need to vent that grief out in one way or another. What ihit want to do is to allow the cashers inflict grief on anyone but the person inflicted with the grief can not do the one retaliation that will hurt the cashers the most. Maybe all the cashers complain about it to ihit maybe not, dunno and do not care. Basically that is the thread.
This is a horrible tactic/strategy people join knowing they cant win the battle. No intention of doing anything other than penalizing your hop. I vote remove it. Its cowardly. If you are going to start something then fight but to mess with someones hop should not be allowed. The thing that is more annoying about it is if you retaliate and bc clans for it then your a bully.
DO punish those that play naked, all the time, everytime, and perhaps that alone will solve this problem. It's already a rule, edit it to include all fights, not just PvP, and at least make this tactic as expensive as bc'ing is supposed to be. This tactic can be done equally by both sides, unlike some of the other "griefing" that is already being done in game.

Clara Korn,
Telling a level 17 that there's nothing I can do when a level 70 hits him on hop... that the level 17 should spend 2-3G on protections and Hope they make enough essences to cover the cost of pots? That is just a silly suggestion. Would be a lot cheaper for them just to switch sides. ">
I do agree with you that attacking on a ship, getting the heroism, then logging off should not be allowed. But, how do you prove they didn't simply crash? ">

Ironic123,
Not off topic, proving that this is a legitimate, and needed, tactic. And keeping it very civilized ">

MTDill,
I'm grateful that HellFire and Elitists still have a majority of people that want others to play and succeed in this game. Your assistance in getting the bc'ing to stop has always been appreciated by my clan. ">
I can understand the frustration of having a hop disrupted, especially with a red bag going, having had it happen to me. I agree that people shouldn't run around naked and stall fights. However, I fail to see the difference between that and, say, a level 70 attacking a level 50 on the islands during a hop and sending them to time out for 10-35 minutes. Perhaps someone could explain that?
I say let them stall them out, tired of all the bullying that goes on, IF DE as a whole don't want to stop it and let it go on, then let the players do what they have to do to effect those bullies. So if DE stops letting people BULLY then go ahead and change the rules.

Then again DE really don't listen to the people wants anyway so who's to say they will listen to the people here on this topic.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.