Joining fights and drawing them out longer.

So by demand of some players I'd like to hear thoughts of most players. What do you think of these tactics? Legit or do you think it's simply cheap griefing. Discuss and keep it civil and no name calling please.
Comments
I am against the call for the purpose of breeding monsters championing armor igrakov and interfere imu play. Fight decent attacking player with the use of the scope proklyatiya.Po my opinion it all run away from the game
It's coward-like to do such thing, yes. Since this game is about warriors and not about these childish actions, I tend to say that it shouldn't be done.
I don't get what we are discussing? Like joining a prospecting mine fight stalling so players can hit all that players mines. Yes that is a great tactic. Stalling in war to be able to hit other sites? Again great tactic. It is part of the game, just like a 70 can attack a 36. We can't keep curtailing game for very strong. Tactics can win over strength. I don't see anything wrong with people doing this and they should continue if it works for them. Yes death it is a war game but war is about about strategy just as much as strength.
Reaghnf*snip*

I think he means joining on someone's side when they're on hop/eye/star/etc and stalling the mobs to reduce the number of fights you can complete while whichever of the above is running.

Personally I think it's cheap griefing for non pvp fights - the only purpose here is to ruin someone else's income or reputation gain. However, in PVP fights/war/mines etc it's a different issue as it is a tactical move to eliminate a threat from joining other combats and maintaining objective control.

Just my two cents. =P

-gecko
ReaghnfI don't get what we are discussing? Like joining a prospecting mine fight stalling so players can hit all that players mines. Yes that is a great tactic. Stalling in war to be able to hit other sites? Again great tactic. It is part of the game, just like a 70 can attack a 36. We can't keep curtailing game for very strong. Tactics can win over strength. I don't see anything wrong with people doing this and they should continue if it works for them. Yes death it is a war game but war is about about strategy just as much as strength.

Its about joining pve fights on hop/eyes and drag them out just to be annoying.

Exactly what Clara/Wargecko said. I'd like to see this discussed before deciding on whether/how to deal with such behavior.
Yes I can't edit my previous comments on client so I have to wait till I get to PC to delete. (updated)

Opinion on what it actually is...
I see nothing wrong with it. I've had 70s follow me over map on Adan attacking me on hop 5-6 times, with sole purpose to prevent me from making gold. Can I fight back we these individuals? No. So how do I stop this childish action? I would have to resort to another childish action. "Griefing" (its a new term to me lol) So, no I don't see anything wrong with it. I personally have never done it. But I would not be against doing to individuals who mess with a players means of gold and essence collecting (HOPs). Eye for an eye. Since I can't beat you in fight to mess up your hop, then I will join, stall and ruin it another way.

Until game removes players ability to mess with other players sources of income to grow because of personal vendettas or tantrums then no keep it like it is.

The bigs mess with HOPs with purpose to get players ...
A. Quit game.
- Funny how game can allow players in its game to dictate who can play and who cannot, but it is what it is.
B. Attack a little enough times on hop and they will quit the clan.
C. Stop player from collecting gold so they cannot participate in things anymore to eventually reach point A.

Fix the big issue of messing with hops in anyway. Forget the insignificant ones. (This is one of the insignificant ones)

My vote just leave it as it is. Jerks are jerks. We know who they are in the game and until the big issue is fixed then they will always act that way because they can. Remove a players ability to fight back and it will just further their ability to ruin the game further for individuals. Yes we have all heard reason "This is a war game"... BUT still just a game where you need gold to participate. Even cashers need to HOP
Yes I can't edit my previous comments on client so I ha e to wait till I get to PC to delete.

Opinion on what it actually is...
I see nothing wrong with it. I've had 70s follow me over map on Ada. Attacking me on hop 5-6 times, basically preventing me to do so. Can I fight back we these individuals? No. So how do I stop this childish action? I would have to resort to another childish action. So no I don't see anything wrong with it. I personally have never done it. But I would not be against doing to individuals who mess with a players means of gold and essence collecting. Eye for an eye. Since I can't beat you in fight to mess up your hop, then I will do it by other means.

Until game removes players ability to mess with other players sources of income to grow because of personal vendettas or tantrums, with the purpose of Stopping players from growing in game and making them quit. I see nothing wrong with keeping it as is. Fix the big issue of messing with hops in anyway. Forget the insignificant ones.
There has been a viscous cycle back and forth of people messing with each other's hops and then therefore using stall tactics to waste the time away. Its uncalled for and does not allow others to make money and progress. If most toons cant make money then they cant progress or join events (for those that actually play the game). Blocking player attacks during Hop/Garuug would alleviate many of the arguments that ensue throughout the day versus just stopping the ability to stall. Just my opinion though :)
Reaghnf,
I think that Ihit means that someone joins your fight and that the joiner then stalls... Nothing wrong with stalling if you were in the fight first .
If you are going to remove this tactic from the game, then you must give us some kind of protections that work with hop. Either everyone hop's in peace, or you leave us to find our own ways to make people pay for their actions. All HoPs protected, or None of them protected, please.
Regardless of final decision on these tactics players still won't be able to use peacfulness under HoP, and will be attack-able while they do it. Same goes that people can be attacked in Archipelago regardless of their effects. This won't be changed no matter the comments and is not under discussion. I'm considering simply making this "tactic" against rules as grieving when players do PvE activities especially other players join with no gear stall and then die - this is to be discussed whether to make it against rules or not. PvP fights are exception where this is legitimate tactic and is also not under discussion.
If the reason for people doing it isn't going to change then I say leave it be. No punishment for "grieving".

Really who does it hurt?
I guess my question would be, if you're getting BC'd all the time on your hops, what are you supposed to do about it?
I don't approve of this tactic, but I would absolutely resort to sending an army of kats to disrupt the 'bad guys' hop if my clan was unable to hop without getting bc'd. This, to me, seems to be the only pay-back we can threaten to keep our own hops safe.
Storm Kat,

Though unlike simply stalling HoP fights bc'ing serves other purpose of giving rep and putting yourself at risk. I'm still considering punishing if you remove your gear when stalling these fights.
Storm Kat,
Break out your credit card and spend more.

Ihit
What rep do you get as a 70 attacking a 30? And they attack hops not for rep. But same purpose as players who do this. Punish one turn a blind eye to the other. seems legit.
Ihit,
I agree with punishments for being naked, All The Time, no exceptions, problem solved. Leave clan hall without gear on, get charged with Indecent Exposure, even a small amount of gold everytime would discourage this behavior, just like real life. (some exceptions required when changing in the tavern). Too many are already getting away with fighting naked and it's unclear when or who will be punished for it.

I also agree with Reaghnf, level 70 attacking level 30 is not doing it for reps.
Reaghnf,

They still have to spend money on spheres unlike stalling grief without gear.
Ihit,
I agree with you on the no gear thing should be punished, but I can still join a fight and stall 5-7 minutes a fight with gear on. It is not hard thing to do. Also i can wraith and keep doing like you told GoddessLinda to do. I would have to supposedly spend money on pots once in awhile which is same as grey bc sphere. So, Yes punish the no gear thing but you can't punish people for joining and stalling with gear then. (For those wondering how. You can put on a Aura of peacefulness and join any fight and stall. The individual you are stalling cannot bc you after the fight due to aura but you can keep re-joining all their fights respectively stopping their hops. Auras do not work on islands but Wraith spheres serves same purpose. Do it while you can ). Why should I be punished for wasting a red bag on a 70?

Yes they have to spend money but they can hop feely to make that money. (I know this is the crux of the issue. how much we spend dictates influence in game) While the other player cannot make gold to do the same eventually getting them to quit and leave game. So your theory has a pretty big flaw.

This allows one side to dictate game, which in turn makes game less interesting and causes things like less players doing PvP events... no SB... Rare if any daily AOH and 7b.... Wait... that is what we play this game for and they don't fire. so you don't play.. so you stop playing...

VS

You hop make gold get stronger enjoy the game and think hey its fun enough that i don't mind spending some money here and there on things. Participate in PvP because you can make gold for repairs and pots and such game prospers.

If you can convince me otherwise i would love to hear it. Not just saying it is what it is. I would like to hear the reasoning behind this. Why? Explanations. Convince us one way or the other to why this is a punishable offense? Who is suffering from it? Why is this even a blip on the radar with so many other things going on in game that need attention.
IhitJoining fights and drawing them out longer.
So by demand of some players I'd like to hear thoughts of most players. What do you think of these tactics? Legit or do you think it's simply cheap griefing. Discuss and keep it civil and no name calling please.

I think that the game is designed to allow lots of forms of griefing...BCing, hexing, a forum to brag on, a gallery where we can post funny things to grief people about, a main chat to talk in, and tons of other things. Not allowing one form of griefing but continuing to allow others seems selective and silly to me.

-Lance-
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.