A Simple Request

It's not my intent to point fingers or lay blame, I've been guilty myself (I apologize here and now to anyone I may have offended), and this proposal has absolutely nothing to do with factions or clans but everything to do with us the players. As a side note, I have a faint glimmer of hope that this won't turn into a ridiculous thread of people calling out others because that won't help so I respectfully request that if you don't have anything constructive to say here move on.

The Request: Can we PLEASE stop with the personal attacks and insults? This is a game of fighting and there is money and time involved and so people can get frustrated and angry, I get that. But that is no reason or excuse to personally insult one another. It seems a good portion of the time nowadays there are no guardians on with the ability to silence so if we want to see change we'll have to police ourselves. Clan leaders and clan councils, I would ask that it start with us. This game is fun (if you're not having fun why are you here?) so let's try to make it more enjoyable by being gracious and respectful to one another in how we speak to each other.
Comments
You're stupid and your dog is ugly!

On a serious note, I've been getting a lot of mileage out of the ignore option. The first time somebody gets nasty I just put them on ignore and go on about my business, which often involves killing them.

"> I'm with you on this. Let's keep it fun. There is fun to be had in both wins and losses. There's fun to be had trying to corrale 9th into their square and hall. There's fun to be had paying the price later. There is no need to turn to schoolyard insults. We're (mostly) adults here.
Thank you!

It is a good reminder to all of us, to be mindful of our words with others. I think we all have been on the end of negative words and have ourselves used them on others when frustrated, because none of us are perfect. If we were perfect, then we would all be filthy rich, owning our own personal island and sipping foo-foo drinks.

On a side note- they are just words and all one has to do is hit Ctrl+F5 (poof they are gone) and then use the ignore button.

As I have said before.....we are a little community of multiple personalities in a pixelated world. We will get along with some and not so well with others. However, it does not hurt to be careful in how we talk/type :)
(black_beer)

Well stated and fully agreed. No place for that stuff (of which I too have been guilty of many times). We're all passionate about what we're doing and it involves a good bit of emotion and frustration at times, but we've got to remember every toon represents a human being with at least one thing in common with ourselves - being a part of this community.

Thanks for the post, Bubba! I hope we all take it to heart.
Agree 100%. I'm all for fighting hard and even a little bit of fun trash talk, but Bubba is entirely right that personal stuff has no place in the game. I try to keep the view that playing with/against everyone on here is like playing a very long board game with friends at home. I'd happily smack talk my buddies a little bit, but at the end of the day, I'm friends with them and treat them as such.

So...for anyone I've gotten a little to personal with any of my words in the past, I certainly apologize.

Now lets all go kill each other

-Lance-
I have always Attempted to not bring personal insults into any debate, but of course, have failed a few times. I hope I've not made it on any ignore lists.
I'm still of the belief that Clan Leaders should be allowed to put Clan Members on 5 min silences to give them a time-out to cool down, without needing guards online. Too often, people having problem with each other, leads to the whole clan being bc'd. I am not about to kick clan members for having personal problems with other players (especially when those other players started it).

Bubbagorn, I sincerely hope this message gets across to the worst of the offenders. Good Luck!
I completely agree with Bubba and scary enough agree we Trongster. But the offenders who we all know to be regular offenders will not change or be punished for it lol. They are typically strong players. As a council member of ninth, I know we have removed players for how they conduct themselves in the game, or put others on probation. I don't see these "offensive" players stopping without some sort of penalty for thier actions from thier clans and with continue offenses removal from a clan. We tend to tolerate more stronger players and turn a blind eye from thier actions because they are a big cashier or strong player or we stay in clans with them for the benefit that thier strength provides. That is what I would love to see change. If it is your leadership acts this way, then leave. If you are leadership then be more direct with your clan about what you expect and hold to it. Yes players can lose tempers and no we shouldn't judge people on a occurrence, but we all know players the occurrence is daily lol. Some lines shouldn't be crossed and are very unacceptable to me. It is just a game, yes I know to some see it is much more then that. But majority of us are respectful people who like to play.

Our clan has a list of what we expect from our clan mates. I believe lance has posted some of it in a forum post before. We hold pretty true to that. Are here slip ups? Of course. But usually not the same people and when it has been we have let those people go (regardless of strength).

But I very pleased to see people starting to speak up and act.

I know I have never crossed that line with players ( Ty to those I vent to when frustrated ) but again just a game so I know no one on here will ever actually bother me that much. And I do love me that ignore button. Silence is always good.
Bubbagorn,
I do agree with you 100%
At the same time, the best BC fights are personnel.
Talk shit get hit!
Here, here
Reaghnf...They are typically strong players..... I'll be sure to tell Fox you said that ">
I've had the exact opposite experience, where people make little alts to insult me with. So, I hope they read this and realize how immature and ridiculous they are being. BC me with your main, clan will defend, we'll have a good fight, hopefully you'll appreciate the effort enough to heal me, then I'll post on forum asking for valor. Hiding behind trolls to insult people is not needed, you'll just get added to the ignore list and nothing will be any different. ">
Storm Kat,
Fox is always just doing it for fun. I enjoy those convos :)
Reaghnf,
Peeeka's are better.
Storm KatReaghnf,
Peeeka's are better.

I haven't seen them, but Peeeka's must be better given the number of lengthy silences she's had recently ">
Storm Kat,

WhiteFox is weak, both in the pixel form and real life. No match, that explains why he only shows up one day a week like a hedgehog taking a peeeka out to see what is going on. Everyone has fun in various ways. Great athletes take things personal and that drives them to work harder and they dish out as much as they take in like Larry Bird. We are all fantasy athletes. Do want you damn want, force admin to make things to control the anarchy that is what I say. Better yet let land of Adan be the site of Lord of the Flies starring WhiteFox as Piggy.
Trongster, The "replace all swears with animal sounds" hex has been a real hit in clan chat. Unfortunately, I cannot enforce the rules on main

ThisNsihT, Your replies continue to amuse me. ">
Easy to fix. Simple programming code like used in name tags to remove so you can't type it. Instead of just a 15minue time out a 15 hour spell of weakness for let's say 15% will surly get their attention. As the others I've been there an bones that too, but think a 15minute silencing doesn't work effectively
if and when i have a little bitty fit in main it is towards DE ,, not a player ,, well wait a min i do like to fuss and cuss DassDass ,, cause it is fun , to me he will allways be a HeeHAW to me ...GIGGLES
I second the seal idea. Like 2% all stats.
When I have a little bitty fit in main its at DE.. Not a player . Well wait a min ... I do like to cuss and fuss at DassDass ..Its fun .. He will all way's be my favorite HeeHAW....GIGGLES.... ">">
scandelnaviaEasy to fix. Simple programming code...
It actually is not so simple; people are very clever at finding ways to get their message around filters.

Y o u . c a n . r e a d . t h i s, . a n d . t h e r e . a r e . c o u n t l e s s . t e c h n i q u e s.
And the award for "smart heehaw" goes to ..... Trongster! again. ">
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.