A Letter to DE

I've been playing this game for quite some time, there have been good as well as bad changes, but overall, admin has done a good job at putting together a fun filled game for us all. Different people play the game for different reasons and admin has made sure that the game offers something for everyone.

As of late I think that admin may have lost their way a bit. Making a great game with lots of player interaction should be the goal. if the admin can provide that, we will spend our cash because we are having a great time. Unfortunately, admin has now changed their focus to making more ways for us to spend gold/reals in the hopes that their revenues will continue to grow. by changing their focus to making money they have started to neglect the fundamentals of the game. Arena's never go, people are playing less, people are quitting all together, it's sad to see.

I want to know if i'm the only one who feels this way? DE! make it a little easier for people to get some gold, create a little incentive to get people back in arena's, create some incentive to get new people to join the game, bring back things like the rage of elements (we can put xp on hold now so its not as big of a deal to people). Do something other than make newer more expensive gear for people to spend on. bring back occasional double reals, bring back the trader of rarities from time to time. make this game fun again! your money will start rolling in when we are all having fun.

Focus on the fun and your business will flourish. focus on making money and this game will slowly die.

DE family, if you agree or disagree I really don't care but would love for you to comment, I see something broken, are you seeing the same thing?
Comments
I agree... Maybe if we had a team of players that admin asks whether the update would work or if that team of players makes suggestions for future changes...?
It's been mentioned before, but fit's in well under this post. Please change 'Day of Ruthless Fury' back to the time when all damage counted in the arena, 7b etc ie. even when losing. It makes it worthwhile for weaker players and in line with this post gives players more of a chance to win 'reals', rewards and the very coveted roomy military belt.

Not sure if this is still in place. So tell me if I'm wrong with this: Please remove the '10 real' daily reward cap for non-paying customers. This might have changed with Vortex allowing a player to win large quantities of reals, and with the Dedaire Exchanger for clanies with that equipment.

I have to say having the Dedaire Exchanger is a really good idea(black_beer). (pardon the pun). It should help to open up the game to non-cashers, or those people only will/able to pay a little.
agree
I completely agree. 35+ reals for a belt? 50+ reals for purple high level equips? 60 reals for a wrought belt?! No way DE. It's really hard to get reals for non cashers. I'm a young player, my parents don't allow me to buy reals lol... so it's really hard to get some. Make some more ways to get reals, and my old char was is in the dungeon, admins made sure that there's no way to get money in there EXCEPT for cashing in game. (My old char was level 26). Admins, if you don't make cheaper ways to get items and all that, you will see all your players gone. Be careful DE, the future of your game could depend on this. (Sorry if I'm being really serious, it's to get the admin's attention lol).
P.S. There should be a player council or something which will take a general opinion if anything will work or not, and for suggestions that the admins should follow. (Sort of like a admin-advisor.. lol) Sort of like what D3athknight said a team of players that asks an admin whether the update will work and those players make advice for future changes.

P.P.S. There should be more ways to play the game, open and expand the game to its full potential, like more emotes and all that, that'll bring you old players back and new players... lol
I don't really cash, but I do have purple gear and stuff because I worked my ass off to get it using clan exchanger (and clan chest in my previous clan) at a rate of 1.5g per real. Previously I'd have been a bit whiny about the cost of gear (90g per purple piece to exchange the reals), but with the new xp thing, it just takes me a week to make the gold for that so I don't have an issue with getting the stuff and making me gain a level trying to get one piece of armour. My issue is then with the cost of repairs and the general lack of things to do that don't increase xp ridiculously.

I could quest, sure, but then I'd be level 70 in no time at all and my valour would be behind. During the week there is literally NOTHING to do except endlessly kill mobs over and over. There's no arena, no sea battles, no vortex, nothing, because you're just not giving people enough bang for their buck and nobody wants to go anymore. The costs at my level are so stupid that people just can't afford it.

Also, on a sidenote, I will never forgive you for adding the kits for elixirs. When you did that you doubled the gold price and made the reals option the original value of them. Thus, doubling the cost of any pvp for someone who can't buy stupid amounts of reals to pay for it.
Lady Spirit HawkePS: Swey, I LOVE your tag line, it reminds me of the old D&D games ;-D
lol...played D&D for many many years
i miss it at times
still get together once a month with the old "cronies" to play
cheers (black_beer)
For those few that don't know who's alt this is: It's me Ironic123. my message: bye been fun. moving on to tera rising. completely free to play; similar to WoW. Play on server Ascension Valley as a Baraka Mystic named Panwildabeast. Using Mord-Sith since Ironic can't write due to shackles.

For me I stopped playing since I am unsatisfied with the way DE is these days and I just feel like it isn't as much fun. In fact, I'm bored with it. I will check back in in about 6 months after I am done figuring out this next chapter in my life that starts in February but I am not unshackling Ironic or playing this part of DE anymore. I'm moving on. I will try out Server Surv once I'm back (hopefully it's completely out and has an English option by then) and I am also looking forward to the Dragon Warriors app. But that will be awhile.
D3athKnightI agree... Maybe if we had a team of players that admin asks whether the update would work or if that team of players makes suggestions for future changes...?
Great suggestion. But you would think the "Suggestions" forum would be a good place to start. And most our suggestions get ignored. Even little things, like letting comments bump clan news posts, which would be that same as this main forum, so seems like that would be an easy programming fix, don't even get a reply.

I don't know how many people work on the admin side of things, or how all that background decision making is done, but "DE" is missing a lot of good opportunities to keep people happy, without costing a lot of money, just by following our very minor suggestions.
Read reviews for mobile apps on google store & itunes. Lately they all the same.
Fun game at first now with update game cost more to play.
Games that were fun to play became cash cows.
most who is commenting about the element of rage has whined and cried about it in the past because of one reason or another.
but i do agree with saint this game has gotten boring. we need more arenas to run.
torlings were a great addition to the game until you can solo them and then they get boring.
Now for the maze of eternity i have never been in there so i can not comment about that
BUT I WILL COMMENT ABOUT THE VORTEX OF TRAPPED SOULS it is different can you know it will cost you coin to enter it. But you spend the same amount on any sea battle. So its a good change of pace if we could do the vortex from time to time. But unlike sea battle the vortex also offers you great gifts that you may never be able to get normal. So why don't we try and get a few o them going. If i am online i will queue just let me know that you are trying to get it to go
On another note the nephilim chain of quest require us either to do the vortex or pay 20 reals to skip that part of the chain. There are many in my lvl bracket that will or are refusing to pay the reals to bypass that part of the chain(i am sure there are other brackets that people are refusing to pay to skip it). So why not play the game to it fullest and quit belly aching about the cost of things and enjoy the game.
ArcanePaladin,
Vortex does sound fun, but getting 18 to queue at a time in the brackets is very difficult. Players have suggested Many Times that brackets be removed for Vortex, but we just don't get heard.

Neverwin,
I'm hearing more and more are going to try the "other" game already. It makes me sad. But I might have no choice but to go with them until changes are made ">

I need 7500 sydian for my next upgrade. My options are slim. If I go after islands, my clan will be destroyed. If I don't go after islands, I can't play. I'm already feeling very lost and don't know what my next step will be. I will NOT switch to sadar and be forced to wait on their already too long list. So, all I can do, sit in clan hall, maybe run a fort run for hero rep now and again, and craft. This sounds boring, even to me.

Please admin, look at what you're doing to this game and take a step back and fix it. I have ~500k exp until I can't progress anymore. How can this possibly be a good thing? I cash, I run one of the most active clans in the game, and I drag other players to arena and events all the time. Please stop ignoring our complaints. I saw this coming a long time ago, and thought you fixed it when you opened maze, but then you broke that too. Why??? ">
But think of it this way what do we do that AER and Terra servers don't do. They get everything the game has to offer. We some of the things for a short time but those servers keep them constantly. Why is that(ask yourselves that)? If we played the way this game is intended we would probably get more of what we ask for. But being when something new comes around there is usually several post whining about it. Good examples of this is the rage of elements and the vortex. For the rage of element there was someone who would whine about there wasn't enough time to prepare for it. I for 1 enjoyed that event because it pushed to do something other then playing farmville. This game has many aspect that we have lost because of our lack of using these elements. If we want admins to take and us better stuff we need to make a huge change.
Storm Kat,
again more whining the vortex can run 7 days a week there is really no excuse to why it can be ran on any given day. there it a function in game to where you can organize for this such of a thing.
Hell i heard i was a coward for using what this game has offered me. So keep this in mind if you work hard to achieve what this game has to offer you and actually use this stuff you maybe branded a coward aswell
ArcanePaladin,
1 - I loved rage and have asked for it back.
2 - I queued for Vortex many times, it didn't go. I agree, this is the players fault, but imagine if they put Vortex on at times when the most players are on. Admin MUST have records of when the most activity on the game happens, do you believe its at 20:00 game time (2:00pm for those of us on CST)?
Please keep in mind Arcane, that the complaints from ME are because things are being done that are making it so I can't compete anymore. Ask around, I AM in the arena all the time, I AM on the islands all the time (even at the risk of torlings), and I AM doing a very good job keeping people in my clan, and my bracket, interested in the game. But you yourself have threatened to "destroy" my clan if I go after "Your" sydian, so what are you expecting me to be able to do when I can't upgrade anymore because I am "not allowed" to have sydian? Admins can't make you share, but they can reopen Maze for me so that you don't have such a huge advantage anymore.
Therefore, I will continue to whine about Maze until I get my way. Until I am giving a good reason why there are time restrictions, I do not see any reason to stop whining. ">

I would like admins to comment on this. When is the most active time for the most players? I see most of my clan from 23:00-06:00 game time daily, what about the other clans?
Storm Kat,
well i have never done the maze. do you hear me whining about that no i have found other ways to get that rep. unfortantly it will take me forever to make the rep but im not whining about. Because of the times the maze opens i'm usually busy doing something else or getting ready for work. that is my problem not the games.
As for you whining about the sydains become a miner and reach 7k buy lucky mining and get them that way
Storm Kat,
As for the rage of elements all the cry babies have asked for it back aswell as those actually took part in the actual event
ArcanePaladin,
I switched to mining 3 days ago. Thanks anyway. "> Still doesn't help me get past level 60 anytime soon.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.