Clan Robbed

Overnight we were robbed by someone from our clan, his name is buhahaha (ironic I know).
He took and I presume sold to the game the following:
Wheat 9,995
Taimen 749
Minnow 4,588
Mirth 1,355
Kustera 3,661
Kustera Fillet 1,329
Fragile flask for Elixir of Life 1,700
Dolomite 21,611
Sharp Stinger 2,249
Copper Ore 1,112
Chub 6,994
Blueberry 2,499
Kamdia 7,664
Actinolite 16,354
Diskar 1,321
Crucian 5,664
Blackberry 1,390
Beech Logs 15,140
Quartz 15,641
Ash Logs 13,000
Tin Ore 51,672
We have all worked extremely hard to build up these resources, especially the mining resources for the dockyard which are now obviously significantly harder to get.
I understand that iHit has kindly given us 50g to compensate us and has shackled the player and whilst I do appreciate this it really doesn't help us. Is there really no way of returning the goods that were stolen? I have done some rough maths and figure this person stole about 350g worth of resources (using the very lowest clan prices).
Surely there must be some way of preventing this sort of thing happening, can you at least divulge if this person has other accounts on the game so I can thank him for this shocking act ">
Comments
I thank everyone within DE for their kind words since this happened and all the people who have offered to help.
I'm still pretty gutted by it all but your kind words and offers have helped restore some of my faith in human nature.
IhitOther active characters his are irrelevant due to not being in any clans and such information will not be released regarding to this player. However all of his characters are being checked for possible violations of rules.

I dont think this is right at all by the way. this person is a Thief and he shouldnt ever be allowed to join a clan at all. He should be named and shamed
IhitOther active characters his are irrelevant due to not being in any clans and such information will not be released regarding to this player. However all of his characters are being checked for possible violations of rules.

I disagree with this too. The older the toons get, the more likely to be recruited. You yourself said it was a bad idea to let someone have access when they are only 2 weeks old.... well, if you allow this thief to keep ANY of his alts, they will one day be months old, and someone will let them in. Please reconsider. I understand not releasing the names to us, but an IP ban is not unreasonable. This person does not belong here. They obviously have no intention of following rules and are simply out to hurt people. Please do not let any of these alts continue to play.
Another question - would it be possible to set up permissions for Clan Chest AND Resource Storage?

This has made Many of us nervous, obviously. I want my whole clan to have access to Clan Gear (they can't dismantle it anyway) and orbs and such... but not everyone needs access to the Rescource Chest at all times. I've looked in the permission settings and there is Clan Safe (which only has 25 slots and I already limit to only a few people), but nothing for Resource Storage vs Clan Chest. Can this be changed?
Storm Kat,Ihit

add a max amount one can take out of storage

Storm KatAnother question - would it be possible to set up permissions for Clan Chest AND Resource Storage?

This has made Many of us nervous, obviously. I want my whole clan to have access to Clan Gear (they can't dismantle it anyway) and orbs and such... but not everyone needs access to the Rescource Chest at all times. I've looked in the permission settings and there is Clan Safe (which only has 25 slots and I already limit to only a few people), but nothing for Resource Storage vs Clan Chest. Can this be changed?

This idea is really reasonable and should be seriously considered, and would help prevent a major issue like this again
Rajabi,

Your assumption that he was a casher is wrong, he wasn't.

_Mindless_Prodigy_,

Money and resources are usually returned from the player that has taken them or transferred to if not sold back to the game.

D3athKnight,

If he does join a clan i will almost most certainly inform the clan/clan leader in regarding to that. When accepting new players you can always ask me to check player for previous violations.

Katnip Kingpin,

See my reply to D3athKnight above.

SHADE2149,

Not the brightest idea as it severely punishes some normal members who'd simply give the items back later, Storm Kat's idea in that regard would be much more reasonable.
Ihit,
thx
Ihit,

You can make the items appear, and give them back, incorrect?
Wow.. I wish I knew who this person really was.. Its terrible that ppl cant be trusted with something as simple as resources.. You bring a member in, help them build themselves up, and this is the thanks you get.. I can understand why it would make all clans nervous.. But please try not to let this make you jaded towards new members.. Most players in this game are good people, who work hard and try to help others and their clans. I hate that this one idiot, has everyone second guessing themselves, and new members. I do agree that some kind of safeguards should be in place. I see no reason that there shouldnt be a permissions set up for the resource chest. It would be an easy fix, and if somehthing like this were to happen again, we would have no one to blame but ourselves for placing our trust in the wrong person.. As it stands right now, theres alot of great ppl in this clan, and they didnt deserve this happening to them. But they are strong and resourceful.. (no pun intended) They will rise above this and be stronger than ever..
And Buahaha, you better hope and pray that we never find out who u are.. or you wont be able to take a step without your world being crushed down around you..... ">">
I am adding my condolences to those expressed here. It saddens me that you have attempted to help someone and they repayed your kindness with betrayal. I have nothing but respect for your clan and your membership and I hope that you will recover and rise above. I know our own clan limit access to clan chest to new members but there comes a time that you must trust and there but for the grace of God go I. Every clan on DE is feeling your pain and is no doubt is nervous. Unfortunately, the new players will suffer as the clans will think twice before they will recruit and open their chests to new members. But strong clans rely on new membership. We stand with The Fallen and send warning to those who chose to dishonour the clan system and the spirit of family, sharing and giving.
I want everyone to be aware that each person has a reason to be here. Most are here to have fun. Some want to see how much trouble they can cause. That person is not a casher, he probably have a beef with one or more clan members. Stealing and selling are the hard work resources is a why to get back at Fallen. He most likely left the DE family or at least the nova server. Slight possibility he will create a brand new e-mail (account) and do it again. Ihit can answer this question "can you link same person with different accounts? I know iPad has the GameCenter can link them but DE don''t have permission to access Apple's cloud.
Named and Shamed
Named and Shamed
Might stop more thievery1
valour king ,roro also did the same in my clan stole alot of golds worth of resourses still bcin him for it
People these day robbing clans not reallly cool
Ihit,
How about introducing another 1 item safe or chest in clan hall, for the specific task of passing an item or an amount of one item e.g. 110 x wheat, to a clan member. This would prevent anymore of these costly thefts.
I like Edgy's idea.
+ For Edgy
I thought clansafe was already meant for this...
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.