Comments
Hm...If I had Ihit's powers...
I would make swearing in chat legal and not swearing would be a silenceable offense.
I would make gold be the new reals and reals be the new gold. Why? DON'T QUESTION MY POWERS!!!!!
Of course, I would shackle everyone who I don't like and unshackle everyone who I feel was unfairly punished.
Then I would shut down the game and tell everyone to get a life. PERMANENT AUTHENTICATION ERROR FTW!!!
If I read this all, I'm happy to just have Ihit
+ add to my post
..wait for it....

im warning u...its awesome....
don't believe me?
.it's amazing I tell you.
I WOULD BRING BACK THE (hike) EMOTE!
BOOM! I WIN!!!
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
Poop u won
I would sit and ponder what would make my life easier and also get me a fat juicy bonus from the boss....so how could I do that :

Well I hate it when those whiny players start bitching at me, I have better things to do like watching the hot chicks walk past my window. So to get them off my back I would ask them what they want, although the problem with that is half of them don't seem to get that this is a war game at times, as well as strategy, social etc. and want everything for free or with little effort made.

However I would consult...perhaps a monthly competition for the best new idea/change/update. I would ask the players to vote on ideas submitted to decide the winner. Maybe player votes would count towards something being implemented, with clear direction that admin decision to implement or not due to time/cost etc will always be final.

For the game and quests I need all pvp to go as it helps pay the wages. So we have events and arenas some of which never go, but have taken lots of dev time and money to implement. I would ditch king of the hill from the code base, it never goes. However maybe an interesting one could be the vortex.
I would grant random tickets to eligible players, preferably clanned as they are more likely active pvp players. I would issue enough tickets per day to make it go and hopefully some other pay players would join. In the logic I would make it that the pay players would have priority to join if there were too many. Current situation it never goes, result if it goes more players play and get valor, adan rep, game gets more happy players who feel they got something for nothing.

I would make the terms for wars editable. 2 leaders could have a discussion before declaring on cost of the war, subject to a certain minimum. Then at declaration stage the attacking clan gets to set what the gold cost will be for win/loss. This will encourage more wars to be actually fought rather than straight surrendered. Result players get more heroism, game gets more money. win win.

Sea battles. Why do they have to be sadar vs valor. They hardly ever go apart from heroism day. Make them all mixed and a lot more will go. Result: players are happy they get more heroism, game wins as players spend more on buffs.

Mining: fair point that it was always meant to be a pvp profession. The game has also evolved in many other ways since original conception. So perhaps some kind of balance can be found here. Barbarian attack frequency does seem over the top. Also they get to hold the mine until it is taken back, whereas miners only gtet to hold a spot for 2 hours. So reduce attack frequency of barbarians and also only let them hold a spot for 2h. The miners who want to get ahead will go ahead and attack barbarians, the alts won't and will have to wait.

Server outages suck. have a standard company rule where if the game goes down for more than 2 hours, then all players get some buff/reward/chest or something. They will only use them in pvp and will use orbs, other buffs etc in pvp anyway so game can actually win by giving something away. Also if dev and test know that game will be giving some stuff away then maybe there might be a small increase in quality.

I don't have all the answers and nor does anybody else. So if that is true then try and get everyone involved, or at least those who want to have their voice heard.

RF
id get back into the game. make it where it was alot of fun again. oh wait, if i had that kind of gear, thered be nothen to the game, and no point in playing at all anymore. having some challenge to a game is what makes it fun. im just gonna keep playing how i have been, logging on each day and slowly getting some gold and reels and one day getting into it again, probley around october when the halloween event with all the awesomeness gets here again.
RF_17,

good points
Games evolve sometimes different from what is was intended to be at the inception of the game. The biggest issue atm is the new update with prospector profession. IF I have ihit's power, I would do something to collect data on players habits. I will use that mine in pond of tribulation as a hybrid mine. It can extract both minerals and ores. No lvl 70 barbarian or players can attack for the sake of controlling the mine. The mine will not extract nearly the same as other mines due to Gaggar the Grabber stealing some. Yes I will create a new character. Son of Garuug/Christmas to run havoc on Adan. He is half beast and mortal so players can gain valor from him. I will see how many people choose to use that mine and make decisions based on FACTUAL data cause I want players to enjoy the game.
IrishRF_17,

good points

Then implement them...that should be yall's jobs, no?
Everything that RF said was brilliant.
The vote on a new idea to be implemented in the game could be a win win situation for gamers and developers if you added maybe a server reals bought event. Where each month if we hit a certain quota of reals bought server wide we do get to pick a new update and most people know what would benefit the game the most. For instance the sea battles not being mixed would start firing constantly because as right now sadar is over powered in it so the best option for valor is actually to not even go to put a block on them and focusing on other reps instead of losing constantly and giving sadar's high brackets an even bigger lead. This I would think would force valor to go as well so they don't get left behind on corsair rep.

Another idea is king of hill doesn't ever happen so take that down and replace it with a better event once every 2 hours. My idea would be something like a battle royal were every bracket with 2 people that sign up go into a fight where all the brackets that had 2 or more people sign up fight each other and make it like the clan war buff so lvl 70's aren't one hit killing lvl 16's at the very start. Something like for every 2 people that sign up in each bracket gets to go, for instance 3 lvl 70's , 4 lvl 55's , 5 lvl 48's etc. etc. , 2/3 of the 70's, all 4 lvl 55's , 4/5 of the 48's would all go into that fight. I say this cause i've found most of the time arena doesn't fire because there's only 2 people sitting in que, if people all sign up for this which would go all the time more people would be in "pvp" mode and arena's in all brackets would have more people fighting in them after this event.

And like RF said nobody has all the answers but maybe if we all worked together we could make it a better gaming atmosphere for admins and gamers alike. Let your voice be heard admins tell us what you need, gamers tell us what you think would improve the game.
Well, apparently this thread has turned from idiocy to actual good ideas, so let me put my two cents in

The reason why the dev team picks all the updates is because they know the most about how each move affects the game, contrary to what you may be saying. I, being a player myself, sympathize with the troubles of my fellow comrades and spit in the face of each so-called crappy update—however, I have lived through and observed years of the Pokémon franchise (with each new generation comes a few changes to game mechanics) and because of every one of those updates, I see why someone skilled with game design has to be the one making those updates—or else there would be a huge population of Pokénoobs voting to keep Mewtwo as the most overpowered Pokémon that ever existed (Smogon calls it "the single most powerful pokemon in any generation, ever). My point is that even though we may curse the dev team for not complying with our wishes and bringing in crappy updates, they still have expertise in their field and know what they're doing.

My suggestion to the dev team is to, as was previously said, interact with the player base more through votes (you did this with the level cap), etc.
I'd jump into more hopeless boss fights with my 1,000 glyphs and lead the brave to victory in an otherwise futile fight
I would R3TURN
Trongster,

I don't need glyphs, if you read my entry. ;)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.