"Minor Change" to Caves

I don't know if it is just me or how anyone else feels about this, but I feel this latest update is an absolute disgrace.
You have now completely (not a minor change at all) changed the way that caves work. In case anyone isn't aware this is what the update says.
The rules for receiving trophies in Instances have undergone minor changes. Starting from today, whenever the level of the Group in an Instance exceeds the level of the monster leader, the probability of receiving a valuable trophy from him is reduced. The higher the level difference, the lower the probability of getting the trophy.
This basically means that any player who can't afford to buy all their gear is screwed after getting past say level 30. What happens when your gear breaks and you need to replace it. What do you do? I hear some of you already saying oh quit whining and just buy it. Well I actually do. this post isn't about me, it is about the players who can't afford to buy reals who rely on aspects like caves for money and items and they do exist.
It is not like people were abusing it and selling items, they are non transferable anyway. What do you actually hope to achieve with this change?
I think you are forgetting that we are the people that effectively pay for this game to exist. I feel like you are pushing and pushing the limit and eventually you will pass that line where people will just quit the game if you get too greedy.
Please reconsider this decision! ">
Comments
I agree whole-heartedly with this. This means that I can't take a smaller group in (3 people) to fight the first boss. It means that I almost CERTAINLY have to find a group of 5 to beat any boss. This is a HUGE change, as kingmp pointed out, not a small one. Please go back to the way it was prior to the change. It has been hard enough to find a group and now it's going to be even harder.
Fully Agree. The amount of drops are scarce as it is, minus relics. I Still have Clan Gear that has Yet to drop for me and now I have to deal with the Rate being lowered? So, not Only do I have to Cross my fingers that I will receive a drop of My Class, Now it's been dropped.

Minor changes like this, without Brilliant Opposite changes (Like my Lotto Idea) are going to force Non-Hardcore players to consider finding a new game. I know You could care less of My opinion due to me Never Cashing in, so~ its pointless. Blah blah blah
i agree,caving is the only way for a non-real buyer like me to make money.....and before anyone says try profession, i already do but you need alot of time to spare on your professions which is something i do not have as i have to keep up with my studies
Fully agree its quite unfair of the game stuff to do this to players who do not buy reals. This game is moving more and more to the point where only players with reals can play and be competitive.
KINGMP +1
Completely agree, games trying to force players into making purchases which they won't they'll just quit
Voicing my agreement with kingmp nothing more to be said, please take notice and review..
Yep - completeley agree here - very poor decision by the developers to try to force more money out of players - I for one won't be doing it
I agree ADMIN does not really care they just want to make money i am not a casher but sometimes i have to go in my wallet just to buy certain things.. Not sure what the point of this is its only going to make people leave the game last time i checked we are your bread and butter THIS is BS and u know it.. THIS game is moving to were only people who use reals 24/7 can play and i really enjoy this game unlike other online games i have played">
i fully agree you go kingimp">
its not right not everyone can buy things or have to rebuy armor it makes it easier to cave for the people tht cant afford to put money on here
Well... I think we all know caves is gonna be pretty trash, now, with very little reward...... Good thread, thanks for the info - fully concur
I wont be angry.. as its admin right, but i really really need the cave to be reverted back to its previous way before update.
When i tried cave again it just demoralising when i saw .. urghh.. no more chance for me to spend short time of mine in there :(

It affect my game play and planning.. (and also those above of coz)
Please our good admin.. please change it back like before..
I put some reals into game but I also need caves as a side job to supplement gold and gears. Sometimes I use these gears for 'special projects'. These updates to caves just took away a huge dimension of fun for me. Not a happy camper here.">. I think I'm going to bc a game admin.(wtf)
No one hardly ever does Fort, fort did get added both reputation increase and drops with this change. Also Caves is not a place where you will get "free" gear from level 16-50, it's a place for up to level 30 when you should start thinking of doing Fort Giard. And you may still get the drops even if you are over the level of leader you are fighting just the chance is reduced.
I think that caves are used above level 30 for 2 main reasons:
replace gear which has too much damage and you want new one, but dont want to buy it in AH, where it is often selling for very high prices. After all eg. leggins are used from lvl 12 till lvl 38. I never changed mine, until I got predator leggins, but when I did, they did have like 10 or more damage, and I did try caves few times to see if I can get new which would have full durability again. And this apply to other gear too.

They can also be used to get the green quality armour to dismantle it for the dusts, to use in crafting. I would say that this is also vital part and doing that in fort would be very expensive.

I think the reason people dont do fort often is that its hard to get a group. Plus lot of people go for the valor weapons and armour instead of the green one which drops
Ageolite,

I'll remind that you can still get drops from Caves. It's just needed change similar to how you would get reduced drops if level 50 would fight a level one monster.
Ihit,
as a lv 30 i have thought about doing fort but higher lv friends keep telling me that it is very difficult to do...
No one does forts because you cant solo it. Groups are hard to get for forts because everyone always wants to do Valor or SB because that is what you push as admins. Also what about people who play at quiet times of the day when there are very few others on, soloing the caves was a nice way of passing time and getting a little coin, but for some reason you had to change this. By the sounds of things the only reason you changed it was to make more people use forts?? Maybe rather than trying to force people out of one element and into another you should consider what is wrong with forts and leave caves alone. This is clearly an important matter for a lot of people just based on the response in this thread and if you dont take it seriously it may have a bigger impact than you realise. end of rant
IhitAgeolite,

I'll remind that you can still get drops from Caves. It's just needed change similar to how you would get reduced drops if level 50 would fight a level one monster.

I Understand this Notion~ however, a Clean Example is Sparks of inception. Monsters over a Certain level do Not drop Inceps~ and For some of us who chose to Wait to Upgrade Certain spells, which require Inceps, The chances of getting them are Next to Impossible. It seems like the same thing in Caves now when it comes to Armour. (the change is taking things away little by little ~ where will it end?)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.