Sea Battle Warnings

Dear Players,

Warnings have been introduced to Sea Battles to assure that every participant gives it his or hers best.

Warnings (accompanied by a chat message) are issued if the contribution of a team member to team's efforts is lower than a certain figure (a pretty reasonable one). Summoned Dragons and Skeletars add to that number, but no negative consequences follow if you do not summon them.

Warnings are annulled if in subsequent Sea Battles the player reaches another set number (a higher one, but more than achievable for a well-prepared warrior). This is done to ensure that no players become victims of unforeseen circumstances (disconnects, spilled coffee, favorite pet etc).

Players who accumulate 3 warnings are banned from Sea Battles for 3 days. They will also be observed by game administration for a certain time to make sure that correct conclusions have been drawn. If a player receives another 3 warnings during the observation period, he or she is banned from Sea Battles for 30 days. If thereafter the player receives another 3 warnings, the penalty is further increased.
Comments
I think that most would agree that exact numbers would be appreciated. So then we at least have an idea whether or not we are properly prepared to join sea battle regularly or if we will need to work on getting better gear before joining. the banning will be helpful keeping bad players imo which is why a lot of us aren't very interested in sea battle :)
I haven't Recently Sea Battled, but the Warnings I have gotten before have made no sense, because In said battles, I have gotten "Best" Awards. my 10/10 Best Quest is Finished and I only have 915 Piastres. So It seems like I'm good enough, but My Char might not be? doesn't really add up imo.

*2 Gunner, 2 Defender and 5 Sailor collections btw.
22:25 Heaven's Voice: Having made a brilliant showing in the cannon battle, you receive {HONOR2 64.4}!

MeshWell,

It's more about your performance in boarding phase rather than in phase one/two.
@ ihit what if u lose in phase two and u have a ton of bad buffs do they play a role in getting a warning still..I know its to keep bad people out of sea battles however none are going... Also i think its due to the fact that the captains get a replicant which is not really all that fair..Howcome it is not RANDOM like aoh or 7bs hmmmmm">
lol of course they do not respond lovely
mack city,

If you don't like the replicants simply get more Sadar to join for mixed sea battle to start ;)
I understand the part of - not fulfilling his or her duty...

Now - can u please enlighten on the other side to the sea battles - THREATENING side?
There just shouldn't be any warnings in Sea Battle, simply because of the range in levels it covers. A level 22 is not gonna do anywhere near as much damage as a level 50, and quite honestly if any joined, they would probably be warned every time. Meaning that Sea Battle remains as dead as it has been. You make something available to almost all then punish them for not being able to measure up to a figure because they either couldn't afford the highest gear or were just too low a level to be able to measure up to a figure, just takes the fun out of the whole thing. It's like going to school and being reprimanded by the teacher, when this is just a game. And as far as mixed sea battle... if ppl weren't already discouraged by all the money it actually takes to do sea battle and collect enough rep to just get Recognition in Corsair, it would actually be easy for us to accomplish. Adding again that you discourage ones that get excited about doing it by giving them warnings. LMFAO
Viscar,
well spoken mate i agree with u it makes people not wanna go do sea battle anyway. But what do admin care lets be honest mate people are still going to play the game no matter what happens...Even if we have mixed sea battles it would not help anything because of the fact that vaalor always has a replicant on there side.. How do u even fight against copies of Mif with 16k bc mount or even wyndflame for that matter... I used to love to do sea battle but sooo many people in this game take it seriously and it is extremely hard to enjoy one's self.
Viscar,

Your stats are upscaled to match level 50's, while yes it will be harder because of lack of marks for example, however even if your around level twenties and have decent enough of gear you should be fine in Sea Battles.
Ihit,
when u give these warnings do u guys really look at how much the effects hinder are ability to cause damage i think the warnings are absurd. Why should we be punished in the first place i think its high time u guys got off ur lil pedall stool and come play with the big boys and see how hard it really easy..Because clearly u guys do not see it from are perspective(wtf)
From what I can say is - similar to AOH Rules have to be implemented... rather than this way..

like player sabotaging their team etc... instead of these things - since crits from high level players can still take a toll :) but well, if the rules work out fine, I am good with it.. else they need to be modified
Ihit

Why do the replicants have to be the Captain? Why can't it be someone else?
I officially have a ban.

Now. Best Defender again last battle, I KNOW it has Nothing to do with the first 1 parts, but ~

During the fight, I still had 5 pots left, My Hp was Higher than the Crit I received and I died. Clicked pot, Attacked , Stall. Click again. Change partner. Crit. Dead. now i am banned and will be looked at. I was buffed with food and balm and mounted. Another player above me Lag-Died as well but still did more dmg than me,.. Only reason it happend and now Im missing out on Much needed Valor especially for DoS. I Ask to have this Sea Ban removed due to the fact I am a Decent Lower Lvl Sea Battler. My previous records/collection pieces should speak for themselves that is all.
Ihit

There is an easy way to solve this.... Make it so that no one can mount in actual boarding. If they had mounts during phase 1... at phase 3 they dissapear. Then i Guarantee you people wont complain about replicants and what not. Because as of now.... its not cause MiF or Wyndflame or BETE have good gear/marks/ etc.... its because of the mounted replicants.
Noble the Barbaria,

Hmmm..

Yes If wyndflame or or MIF or bete, have a lead .. we must complaint, this is not fair at all.
Oh.. well if its, Finwe, or lng, or XXI.. we must be quiet and let it go. Whoever complained will be labelled whiner!

"> logical really!
i too would like to know what the plateau is for getting a warning. its would make it easier to avoid getting one, but it also takes away from some strategy by giving out warnings at all. either remove them or let us have some idea what mark we are trying to hit. as far as the mounts go, we all know that u need to be mounted and use skelllies and dragons. if u can't do these things stay out because you are not strong enough.
As captain for many sea battles thus far, I think it might even be a better idea to have a shipmates selection chart (sort of like a look for group) to weed out potential non-performers before we set sail for sea battles. It is not funny anymore considering how many final battles my team lost due to non-performers or under-performers even though we won the canon phase decisively. I've tried to implement the bc method and walk-the-plank methods but these non-performers keep showing up.">. This spoils the hard work, prep, and effort of the entire team. Any methods, warnings, punishments too keep these noobs out will be much appreciated.">
Yeahhh.. aye aye capt..I really agree.

I understand it properly from my previous experience :)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.