Comments
Green level pots, as well....
Green consumable removal is intended change for players to be able to earn money with professions. Also several high level monsters now will drop 16'000 recipes.
I am horrified at this because it will mean i have no chance in the game. I Always need my simple pots and if i can't get them the game will be no fun at all for me because it means I will have to spend so much more money which I don't have. Also, I do my professions and made money from them so why do we need this?
most of ppl sell those pots cheaper than the store.. so actually ur going to save money
IhitGreen consumable removal is intended change for players to be able to earn money with professions. Also several high level monsters now will drop 16'000 recipes.

How about upping the drop rate on the 1k and 3k recipes? I have gotten tons of the 7k recipies which only a couple of people can use, and since the recopies have started dropping I have never gotten a 1k recipe.
i dont like the move of green and gray balms because i cant spend reals and 30silver for powerful balms
IronSkull,
Maybe they do sell them cheaper but I hardly ever see them on the auction house so now i have to buy powerful for much more :(
IhitGreen consumable removal is intended change for players to be able to earn money with professions. Also several high level monsters now will drop 16'000 recipes.

While I'm disappointed with this, I am nonetheless grateful for you responding to my post and explaining what happened - so thank you for that. And I still think you have a great game here - obviously, or I would not continue playing.
this is a very good change, will make more people start working on their prof.

perhaps in the future you could also remove food buff drops from elite monsters.....so that cook professioners can be benefit.
IhitAlso several high level monsters now will drop 16'000 recipes.

I got to thinking about this today. So I went and looked at the masters page. The highest ranked person has just over 10k points in cooking. That means almost 6k points to even being able to use them. So it will be another item you have to carry around that you can not sell to anyone else.

And a side note, there are exactly 7 people who can even make the simple potions that were removed from the shop.
lol this is really really stupid. we have less than 10 players that can make those items as truck said.... and being one of those players that can make them I know it is not cost effective to even buy the materials to make them so I don't....
Surturs Fire not cost effective to even buy the materials to make them so I don't....

You need to realise that since now, as there is no set price for the items mentioned ( grey and green balms), you are free to choose your own price to make profit. Grey balms may no longer needed to be sold cheaper than shop, same for the green ones.

Yes we have very few players who can make these, but that doesnt stop other players from pumping their profession, right?

Forgive me for cutting in, but that is how I see it.
i agree with surt there is no making money on them unless you charge ridiculous prices like most have started to do its getting to the point where buying powerful (blue) pots is cheaper then buying green ones and you keep removing stuff from the store killing all the lower lvl players i used to use apples and such and you removed them then i revise my strategy and you do it all over this is getting ridiculous you should be focusing on progressing the game not going backwards thats how you lose players and when you lose so many even the high end players start to quit and an online pvp game with no players is just a waste of cyber space remember go for progression not digression we want more players not less
wait just thought about it but why couldnt you just raise the prices a little if would give the same effect while not removing it?
Okay, I know you can get them on the auction house (in regard to simple pots) but what if you only have the money for 10? I don't always need or want to buy 100 simple elixirs of life so the shop was much better. Also, I only saw life pots no endurance so if people are saying that they will make more money, well, they won't if they're not selling them.
Old and NewSurturs Fire not cost effective to even buy the materials to make them so I don't....

You need to realise that since now, as there is no set price for the items mentioned ( grey and green balms), you are free to choose your own price to make profit. Grey balms may no longer needed to be sold cheaper than shop, same for the green ones.

Yes we have very few players who can make these, but that doesnt stop other players from pumping their profession, right?

Forgive me for cutting in, but that is how I see it.

that is incorrect. prices for all this stuff has already been set by the sellers so would be a betrayal of the customers to raise the prices just cause shop doesn't carry anymore.
yes but the will raise the prices nonetheless because they arent held in the store they are the only way of getting such balms, pots, ect... from what ive seen its already started to get raised it went from 35s for 100 green pots to 50s for 100 green pots

Surturs, the game will adapt:) Saw similar sort of change happen in several MMOs, saw similar reactions like this thread in those forums, but actually in time the changes were viewed as positive:)

Currently we have some idiot resellers tryin to put up green balms at ridiculous price, but soon we will have loads of 3k alchemists/jewellers/miners working on this. Price will become stable. Just need to wait.

I wanted write more, but then decided not to:D Spoke to several individuals in the game, all saw this update as a positive one:)

Wait till next week, 1 more update coming up on profession:p

I think it would be a good one, but I guess naggers will always cry ">
yeah we have to get used to this. i havent see direct impact yet on my gameplay but i believe its gonna be good for many. especially hunters
Let me provide a deeper insight on how this changes affects the game dynamics. With the removal of green consumables, it meant that the game now relies on players to supply the green consumables. Condition for demand of green consumable remains largely the same. Money supply within the game would increase as money gets transferred from one player to another as these items are exchanged among players instead of "disappearing" when a players buys it from shop.

I believe this is beneficial for the gameplay as it creates more incentives for players to develop their profession.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.