Trade Rules!!!

There is no way in anyway shape or form is it fair that the person that buys something for Auction price that maybe below a the 30% tile should be shackled for buying it. Or punished. There is no correct list to items and there 30% + or - the original price. The price that shows on each item is far from what it actually sells for. Example: I just seen a mark in Auction Going for 10+g and the price on the marks says 90 silver. So the price that that character is selling to for is over ten times the price. Why isn't he shackled! It take 2 to tango. Players can easily set another player to be shackled and get out scotch free. How is that fair? I feel the admins are miss using there power here! I am sure many more will agree.
Comments
I totally agree... if a person can get shackled for selling low in a PUBLIC auction, it makes no sense that a person can't get shackled for selling high or using the AH as EXTRA 20 HOUR STORAGE by listing for a ridiculously high price. More focus needs to be put on punishing players who use AH for storing items for space (that's abusing the trade system) and less effort into punishing players for trying to make quick gold and potentially help out another player. AH is public trade, you can't decide who buys what on AH if it's a lower price. It gives a chance for a player who may not have an insane amount of gold to get a good buy and keeps players active. Punish the people abusing the trade system, not the people that are actually helping other players indiscriminately and keeping people in the game.

Fully support this
Whoever created the AH rules has not spent much time at an auction....Even when a seller wants their items bidding to be started at fair market value as a buyer I am and do low ball the starting bid. If auction houses had 30% rules., they would go out of business. This totally defeats the purpose and the FUN of attending a auction to begin with. People are looking for deals as well they should, this is not a cheap game to play, and to place "restrictions" on the one thing in the game the "PLAYERS" should be able to have some control over is wrong. If a player hasn't done the math on what ever it is they are selling and starts the bid at to low of a price...and it sells ..its his fault...if another player finds an item that is "overpriced" and wants it bad enough they are willing to pay it..who does it hurt..the game is getting money, the buyer is getting what they want and the seller is grinning...no harm no foul. If you are going to keep punishing people for doing what they should have been able to do from the beginning...the game will eventually lose.
I agree 100 % with ALL of the above statements. The value of every item fluctuates not on a daily or weekly basis, but more on an HOURLY basis. If what the trade rules specify are to be followed than how are we to know the hourly value of that item if its not in AH? Should we error on the side of being to high?, to low?, theres no correct answer, and for trade rules to specify that is simply wrong
I agree with this completely, it is almost impossible to know what the ''correct'' price is

however I have been on the other side, I have had to use the auction house as storage when I overfill backpack and tavern room - what else can you do?

At [QNAMEF kind="s" gender="m"]Finwe:[/QNAMEF] however I have to say I have been on the other side, I have had to use the auction house as storage when I overfill backpack and tavern room - what else can you do? I think multiple tavern rooms should be made available at least to combat the problem
I agree with greatsword, multiple Tavern Room's should be available. I mean what harm can come from that? Or pay extra for a bigger one. Something that means we can store more stuff, especially with adding the 2g for transferring professions, having to sell nets/traps when you change, AND pay 2g, just to rebuy them when you change back is a little much. I definitely think extra storage should be available.

As for the trading on Auction, I think those that list the items for the wrong price should be at fault, not those that say "hey look a bargain" and grab it to make a profit. In real life people often put things up for the wrong price without knowing the value (at an actual auction I'm talking about) and people go, buy it, and sell it on for me. It's done every day.

I do think the rules should still apply though, otherwise people would just use the Auction to get around trade rules (say listing a weapon for 1s or something with a friend waiting to grab it as soon as it's there - obviously this cannot be allowed). But should somebody make the mistake of listing an item for say 5g less than it should be, it should be their problem not ours for making the most of that.

The other issue I have, is the constant change in market value. Say I buy a winged horse from the Auction, at the time, they were up for 1g, so somebody put theirs up for 70s which is within trade rules. The day after, they are 2g, does that mean if I buy the one for 70 silver that I broke trade rules? Of course not, on that day it was perfectly valid, but without constantly watching EVERY item, you can not say for sure if somebody broke the rules on the auction.

My final point, is, that if there is nothing of that particular item up (which often happens with things, especially accesories) then you can choose what you wish to put it up for? So I could get a blue bracer for example, and sell it for 10s, because there is no market value for it as there are none for sale, hence I get to choose the market value. But of course if I did sell it for 10 silver no doubt you'd shackle me and whoever bought it.

I think the overall point I'm trying to make is you're shackling people for rules that have no clear boundaries whatsoever.
*shakes head sadly*
There is an active suggestion on this very topic.
No-one is punishing you for going a bit below or above the market price. What your cheating friend Zulos omitted to say(he got 30g worth of free items from Pyro the great) is that his other cheating friendm xsokix, he took as an example here, got Gauntlets of floating eagle and Talisman of floating eagle for 5s. Now how many of you would call that, not an even, but at least a fair trade?
IrishNo-one is punishing you for going a bit below or above the market price. What your cheating friend Zulos omitted to say(he got 30g worth of free items from Pyro the great) is that his other cheating friendm xsokix, he took as an example here, got Gauntlets of floating eagle and Talisman of floating eagle for 5s. Now how many of you would call that, not an even, but at least a fair trade?

No that's not fair. Am I right in saying that you can make the bid price as low as you please, (as this way nobody can really cheat the rules as the item stays there for at least 4 hours meaning it may go to anybody not an organised sale), but the buyout price must be within the rules? I believe you've said this before but if I'm mistaken I do apologise.
Podeth,

Neither the start price nor the max bid matters, as long as the item sells within average price. but yes, if the max bid is 10g, while the average price is 50g, than who pays the buyout will be in violation of the trade rules. And this, leads to both persons being punished, the buyer, less than the seller.
Which in return isnt fair that the person that buys an item shouldn't be punished. What is the point of having an Auction If you can't get bargains every thing has to be a set price. Or a set price range. If you post the buyout higher than the average price than that is against the rules and should be handle. Not the buyer! I Think its against privacy for an admin to plublicize why someone got shackled! I will be filing a complaint agianst you and your name calling! Mr. Irish
Once again when someone has a problem The admin Totally avoids the questions and the problem at hand and goes to disrespectful name calling and disclosing personal imformation!
Zulos23,

Please show me where it is against policy. The guard forums are open forums, and there if you complain everyone sees the messagem so it's not.

Furthermore it has come to our attention that Zulos and Pyro the great and the same character. Appropriate punishment(which shall not be mentioned here, as to not hurt zulo's feelings) has been taken.
A suggestion for the admins...

Would it be possible to implement some sort of fixed range on the buyout price of each item, based on its value? I don't know what code system this game uses, but I'll write a simple formula for it.

Where V = item value, B = buyout price, L = 0.7V = lowball buyout price, and H = 1.3V = highball buyout price:

L is less than or equal to B, B is less than or equal to H; if not, send an error message explaining what range B must fall within.

Apologies for not using symbols, but I'm not sure they'd show up here.
VexlarA suggestion for the admins...

Would it be possible to implement some sort of fixed range on the buyout price of each item, based on its value? I don't know what code system this game uses, but I'll write a simple formula for it.

Where V = item value, B = buyout price, L = 0.7V = lowball buyout price, and H = 1.3V = highball buyout price:

L is less than or equal to B, B is less than or equal to H; if not, send an error message explaining what range B must fall within.

Apologies for not using symbols, but I'm not sure they'd show up here.

Seeing as how market value is constantly changing, that probably wouldn't be possible.

I think the point here is to use common sense (until some clearer rules are established), if something is worth 5g, don't list it for 5 silver... *shrug* Idk, I use the auction a lot and I've not been shackled so I guess my common sense is working just fine... I'm gonna go back to killing stuff now :)
Is there any allowance in the game for example for trading with clan members ? Would a player be able to go below the 30% rule to give a clan member an even better price ? I can understand if the answer is no , would be a nice benefit of being in a clan though.
ThrakaIs there any allowance in the game for example for trading with clan members ? Would a player be able to go below the 30% rule to give a clan member an even better price ? I can understand if the answer is no , would be a nice benefit of being in a clan though.

No, the same rules apply. But when you get a clan chest you can put items in and take items out.
you know what would be really nice is if an item Market Value Database was accessible to players so we could know exactly what market value was on an item, therefore knowing up front if we were in jeopardy of getting shackled or not. I know that this has been suggested before and summarily shot down, but figured this was a timely opportunity to mention it
IhitFinwe, it makes no sense that a person can't get shackled for selling high or using the AH as EXTRA 20 HOUR STORAGE by listing for a ridiculously high price.

Have you seen a single shackle on person who've posted in Trades forums reporting these trades - that one of their storage items has been bought?

To Vexlar,

It wont work that way as mentioned by Podeth - average prices are constantly changing.

To Zulos23,

Item price listed on items are 'state' prices and we don't even look at them when investigating trades. Secondly - as already mentioned by Irish we have strong reason to believe you and Pyro The Great are same characters which makes your case even worse. Also you shouldn't be talking about 30% rule as it has nothing to do with your jailing - you gave items completely free , tried to exploit system by giving so called loan then jailing character.....

To Podeth,

It's not I'm jailing everyone for every single mistake am i? Yes you're free to put starting price as much as you want, but if you think it sells or you buy something under average prices as usual I'd strongly suggest reporting it in Trade or Guardians forums.

To JimmyJamm,

It definitely is interesting idea, but it belongs in Suggestions forums.
This is a little off topic, but in AH I cannot find flawless elixirs for less than 400% of store price. Drives me insane. In this case if somebody put it for less than 2s (more like one gold) than the buyer would be shackled because the average market price is ridiculously high. ">That is why I stick with powerful.
LuxrayThis is a little off topic, but in AH I cannot find flawless elixirs for less than 400% of store price. Drives me insane. In this case if somebody put it for less than 2s (more like one gold) than the buyer would be shackled because the average market price is ridiculously high. ">That is why I stick with powerful.

You're free to put up at much lower price than they are available at auction house as shop sells them at 2s while in Auction House they are twice the price. Also you are more than welcome to put Flawless elixirs of life as low as 1.54s/elixir and it in noway will be consideration as violation of rules. For items that are available in shop for gold/silver/copper - you can freely use shop price as average price.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.