Rules Clarification - Regarding Clans of Alternates

Due to recent issues, post with some clarification is needed regarding alt clans.

We decided to update and allow alternates to participate in wars, but you must select and use only this one for the entire war, you cannot log in and participate on the other side of war.

Breaking this will result in the 200 real fine.
Comments
So im just using Kat as an example... not meant to be insulting or anything.

For example this means that if Storm Kat was in fallen, and fallen got dragonborn, and she used Kitty Kat to fight against fallen, this would be illeagal?
Armalite,

It is not allowed per my post. Needs clarification since it was not defined before unlike being a thief /makes a bunch of alts to break rules continuously with bad trades/illegal fights. That’s already spelled out in rules and why some are already sitting in jail and some are not. :)
So im just clearing this up. Basically what you are saying is dragonborn isnt allowed to queue up for wars on the same day as fallen becuase theres a chance they will get matched together and it would be an instant rule violation
Bones420, no i think she means it would only be a rule violation if kat fought on a weaker alt against fallen
Kitty KatMy suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

Nothing more complicated needed than that. Problem solved.
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

no need scenarios when play with only 1 character^^ without any toon, gl all:)

Idc about all that... all I know is the game went from 1 war on Tuesday to none....

I went from at least 3h on DE to 30mins today and only because I'm handing out clan rewards... once again DE delivers..
Would it be ok to bring alt to clan and sell reals at the fair price?
Guardians/Keepers, could you please review this rule? 3 months later, perhaps some have changed their minds?

Running a war on any clanned character against any other clan should be allowed by everyone (1 toon per fight per person, of course). Please

Adding another point on why the argument that war with alt clan hurts the chances of confrontation winning for others - Many clans are using multiple toons (some even at the same time, but in different brackets) in AOH to win. If we argued enough about it, would new rules be made against it, just like how this post was made? I would not want that happening. No one left in the game should want that happening.

Please let us go back to "One toon per fight per person, and follow trade rules!" for alts. Every thing else added (this post and http://dragoneternity.com/forum/drako/11973.html ) seem to be punishment for those of us that have been willing to play the longest and hardest.

Thank you.
personally, I feel that if you have alts in clans, then they should not be allowed to war with a clan that contains your main or other alts (this would be counted as power leveling in my book). If you have all your alts in one clan, then pick one to fight war with. While I am sure this is hard for you to swallow Storm, most of us don't have 4 or more clans. While you may feel like it is picking on you (and it is not), it seems unfair to war with your alt clans to gain heroism, conf points, reps, etc. All the while agreeing to allow your alt clan to get 1 million points so you don't get banned (feels like rigging to me).

ihit clearly spelled out, no alts on the same boat. That was pretty clear (since if you get hit, you will be in the same fight as your alts, and would be jailed for doing that). it seems pretty easy to understand and follow.

BTW, I still hate the change made to sea battles, but it is what it is. It is sad to see, but I have moved on. I tried it once on Saturday, and lost. I will continue to grow my toon, and see what happens.

Found it: http://dragoneternity.com/forum/drako/11051.html ..... to further prove that everything was already discussed and the result was addressed with the minimum damage punishment after an 8 page debate.
There were many overlapping alts in many clans back then, I don't feel like looking through pages of old war links but I am 100% positive I can find multiple with my alts in both sides of the battle, including in Ninth, Valor Serpents, Valhalla Infinite, Elitists, HellFire, and many more. And that's just me, I can recall many other people who played on both sides of war links, but would not like to paint a target on them.

More rules are not needed, and I believe that this change has had a negative impact on the game and should be reconsidered.

The rules were updated to deal with where the game is at now which is mostly the remaining players and their alts. We readjusted it to what all of council felt was fair. You can participate in war with an alt as long as not on opposing side or in same fight.

When Ihit made those rules, there were mountains of players. We are no longer there and now alt clans are the new norm. So we must readjust some previous precedents set.

Same with when they changed from no alternates ever to allowing up to 10 on 1 account.
i still just say boot all alts from all clans. Makes life simple (and prevents moving reals from alts to mains). but that is just me :)

I like rules that make using alts to gain reps harder. Anything we can do to prevent alts from making ill-gotten gains easy, i am all for. Alts for making materials, sure, but to use them to gain easy heroism, bc, or anything else, no. Using them to get easy boat battles, cuz you tell a clan friend you are hauling on a boat, and then feed them heroism. It is the same as a hubby wraithing, to allow a wife to get under 5 minute fights in hop. So much cheating goes on here and nothing is done. I truly wish people were a little more honest here, but it is what it is.

Storm Kat,

You can quit the Fallen for good and move over, that is acceptable. You cannot however leave one week and return the next just for wars. The point is to make people earn their heroism. If everyone just uses their alts to feed their own clan or themselves there’s no point to having a game or other players.

Secondary mains are fine to use as long as they are of relative strength. You cannot use a level 20 something with green gear in an opposing war fight when you clearly have a main that is fully geared in purple. The alts are fine to use on a war wherein the other opponent is not filled with your own mains. For example if IE is an alt clan, and all the mains are in the Fallen, they cannot fight the Fallen. IE can however fight Elitists. If worried about pair up, then only sign the main clan up one week or the alt clan the next week so they don’t match up.

The point is to earn your heroism by fighting others. Not yourself.

And just to clarify the wife and kids thing can only go so far , because we give warnings to avoid fights with each other as well. One or two in a week is overlooked but 10 to 15 is not and we tell people that when we warn them about rigged fighting.

Alts on boats I will revisit with all council for reconsideration , as I recall Ihit stated no alts on boats. I’ll write a response when we reach a conclusion we all vote on.

You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.