Current status & plans for the future

I was away for a couple of weeks, and unfortunately there's no one else to replace me here and keep things going. I apologize for keeping you in suspense, now we're back on track. I'll give answers to most important questions here.

- Opening the lvl 90 cap and rebirth: we understood that you're eager to start digging into lvl 90 content. Still, there's still an issue with the low server population, which prevents us from opening the cap. That's why we're going to launch a referral program and a special offer for returning players - in other words, we'll try to gather more active players first, and after that we'll make the decision about the cap. These two programs will launch quite soon.

About the Counсil: there's a lot of stuff to say, so here's a different topic for that: link.

About mixed queues: that's a good idea and we plan to implement a mixed queue system for Sea Battles in the near future. The situation with mixed queue in Ruins is not so simple, because there're some additional technical tasks to tackle before this battleground can be actually used with mixed queues.

About small number of islands available: we'll check this issue and make the task of finding a non-subgermed island more simple, if that's the case. (FYI, by the time of writing this post there're six unclaimed islands out there).

Other plans: we've recenlty released a new clan instance, which gives nice loot and offers another way to get Sidian. We'll soon make an official announcement and open that instance here.

Comments
Welcome back and thank you for you’re return
I'm liking the future plans, hopefully u guys get it started asap...
Cap really needs to be raised in order to get old players back and to prevent more from quitting.
Thank you for giving us an answer! Even if cap will not be raised, advertising the game to get more players it's a good idea.
Thank you for you hard work It's about time we started to bring the server back

PS: Technically, unclaimed islands means they can be sunken, with no one to take control over them in the bottom of the sea.
Really like the new ideas!! I’m all for it! I think mixed sea will make it more difficult to predict who will be put in, less chance of alt accusation / problems.

Also, I am actually thoroughly surprised no cap raise because I saw very few no, and overwhelming yes.
Thank you for bringing hope to Nova.]
Looking forward for changes.
Removed by user
wb, be nice if we get lotery also
welcome back, this post is very much appreciated.
About small number of islands available: we'll check this issue and make the task of finding a non-subgermed island more simple, if that's the case. (FYI, by the time of writing this post there're six unclaimed islands out there).

Just FYI Dreidan, we have had people out for the past 8 hrs that I know of and there is only 1 island that is UP (corsair island).
By 6 unclaimed are you also counting the ones that are submerged and therefore not accessible by any chance?
wow so no cap raise , and you are going to reward the ones that have left and punish the ones that have stayed ..... I don't know or understand the thinking behind this .. and yes lottery at least would be nice ... terra has had 2 and we have had none
yea, i am with lng, you are going to give a reward to players to come back... yet those of us that have stayed active (and there are players who log on, but don't do much) don't get anything? So, how long does one have to be logged off to be given this reward?

I seem to recall when we came here from aer, there was talk of a reward for having to make the switch, it was the gift of elder dragons, but that turned out to be a gift for all. Some also got enough Activated Dragon Stellar to allow them all dragon abilities. When i let ihit know i did not get any, his reply was, it was a bug and it should not have happened, so then i asked, well are you going to take them away from those that got them, and his answer was no.

So again, it really seems jacked up to reward people who left, and no those that stayed. seems to send a bad message. Just my $.02 worth.
WOW nice Thanks!
Sounds great !! I really had thought we'd been left in the shadows again ...
Thank-you for coming back!!
Amherst and Ings, we all just quitted since 3 hours, we are eligible to reward if we come back.
DreidanI was away for a couple of weeks, and unfortunately there's no one else to replace me here and keep things going. I apologize for keeping you in suspense, now we're back on track. I'll give answers to most important questions here.

Again, communication issues. If you are out of office, put a message , not just on your email, but to your customers also.
Dreidan, a good start is to continue replying on the bugs megathread.
Thank you
Yes its a nice start. I understood you need to try referals to gain back old players (thats good) but i noticed that based on what you said its still not 100% you will unlock lvl 90 after referal program is released. Can you atleast give us a time line when you plan to release the referals and how long will it run beforw you start deciding to unlock lvl 90. Just want to understand how long are we targeting to get that content or not.
zionamir.,
Basically Dreidan is saying lifting level cap to 90 is pegged/contingent on more live players in nova. DE is implementing the two programs above very soon to try to boost attendance and Dreidan will decide after seeing the results of the programs. I do not think DE has a timetable. They might just keep the programs active until they feel they have enough live players to lift the cap. Most players in nova want the cap lifted and they want to please the players BUT they need the more live players so u creating more alts/toons will not help
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.