Make wars count for something...

So, I'm very tired of wars actually not mattering. Who actually cares if you win or lose. Many clans no longer focus trying to mine and win. They just wait for fights and pile in because damage = Sydian. This past war I knew it was over 30 minutes in. Its not like the old days when you had to be aware of what color people were trying to hoard or hitting and stalling stronger players so you could raid other spots. Competition in the actual war because you didn't want a seal on your clan. Now its .... we hit one spot. wait for them to defend then pile in for the fight to do damage and get Sydian. Win/Loss means nothing. Buff big for damage and wars are a success.

My suggestion. Make it like every other part of this game. Winner gets big Sydian losers gets little. This is how Experience, Valor, Heroism etc are all handed out. Then clans have to try. If you click the que button you will as a clan make sure you have numbers and people ready like we use to.

Yes I know this is a double edge sword as well. War participation in this game is pitiful at best (We were skipped "because couldn't find opponent" for 2 weeks straight. 4 ques). My suggestion to this is bracket it. But don't bracket it by level of clan. There are many level 3 clans that don't hold up to what a level 3 clan should be. Figure out a algorithm that does number of members, levels, and valor ranks. Make a monthly award for most war wins in a bracket.
Comments
War results do matter. They show everyone who the best clans are. I LOVE the fact that 9th is kicking HF and elitist ass every time they meet. They have ruled for along time (hf and elite), and i am sure it hurts them deeply to loose a war to you guys... In reference to the above post... I find it amusing that a team will give up on winning as a team, for personal gain, but hey.... most people play this game for personal gain. AND those on some of those red teams have bailed on blue for personal gain ( they know who they are).... so it does not surprise me to see them finding a way to benefit from a loss. the way i see it is..Pride is hurt and attendance for those teams that play against you guys (9th) will drop in every battle as they watch from alts to see the match up.... cant give you reps after all.

just sayin.

I agree with everything Reaghnf says above, actually i agree with almost everything he posts.

Anyways... Cheers to 9th for putting together a solid team of faithful blue.

To hell with the sell swords.

Leroy
I'd love to know what elitists were doing for the first 30 minutes of that war last night, a lot of different words came to my mind, boycott was one of them. If I were you guys i'd take a long hard look at yourselves and be very ashamed at what you did there.
The Leprichaun,

Truffles,
I appreciate the input I don't want this post to be about HF/Elitist/Ninth stuff... My issue is that the system of war in this game, maybe just this server is no longer a competitive enjoyable experience. The game could just make a hour event where you kill mobs 2x week and you collect sydian for the damage and it's about what we have now. It's suppose to be one of the main attraction to this game and yet it's prob one of the least enjoyable parts.
Better to have a war with Few on instead of no war at all. I have said this many, many times, and I do not regret hitting that button. For as much time as I was on for the war, I won heroism from fights, and got a bonus little bit of sydian at the end. I would have had more, but got a war bug (reported, as always) and missed out on the end of the war. Reaghnf and I compared sydian amounts and he DID get more than me, even though I had done more total damage.

Winning gets you lots of sydian and caskets, and clan reputation.
Losing gets you a chance at heroism and a little bit of sydian or caskets
Not warring at all, gets you nothing.
War winners get about 3x the sydian for the same damage compared to losers.
I think Ihit can enlighten us here.
And damage itself is not a proper counter. If you only damage summons or miners you wont get any sydian. Damage to players counts and depends on level and gear of player you deal damage to.
I agree with most of what Reaghnf says. Something needs to be done to encourage more wars anything would be better than the way it is.That along with not lifting the level cap is driving people out of the game such a pity Am not interested in who is better than others just would like to see the game itself progress
pearlsWar winners get about 3x the sydian for the same damage compared to losers.
I think Ihit can enlighten us here.
And damage itself is not a proper counter. If you only damage summons or miners you wont get any sydian. Damage to players counts and depends on level and gear of player you deal damage to.

This is true for many things including how much valor you get in Arena and battlegrounds as well. More damage to player who has higher stats = more rewards.
Ihit,

The issue is the amount of fight that happens in war. Seems some are happy to only worry about the fight they are in, and not worry about winning the war. If the reward for being selfish and winning "your" fights outweights the need of the clan winning war, then the system is flawed. The point of war (in my opinion) is for the clan to work together to win fights and win the crystal counts and win the war. I get a few powerful people can win the fights they want. But they should not be rewarded if the rest of the clan loses the war.
dragonflys2,

The game will not progress if all the lvl 70 superior players are in 3 clans. Everyone want to be in the superior clan. Competition is what make the game progress, if people or clan have no chance of winning then will not play. MLB had that problem when Geoege buy all those championships now they are lagging behind NFL and NBA.
Winning clan gets double reward after war.
Im decently sure all damage in the war log is determining your sydian reward unlike valor/heroism as it have been true in every case i´ve seen
I have an idea..... how about you let people that ENJOY playing the game, Play It. Why is there a need to ask for more punishments against people who are just playing the game and not paying to win everything? "they should not be rewarded if the rest of the clan loses the war."
is the worst idea I have heard in a long time. Group Effort to win fights and collect crystals - everyone was needed and should be rewarded for the pots, orbs, teleporting, everything, they have to use just to give the clan mates a chance at wins.
Of Course the goal is to win as many fights as possible when outnumbered 2 to 1. I don't see how or why this is a problem.
I will say this... Number on and power level of clan doesn't make a difference in trying. IE war'd with us and they were less in numbers and less in power level but still put up one great fight. Loading some while others tried to take mines. Not limiting the number of fights 1-2 but raiding like crazy. Yes they still won fights as well. But I commend them for working as a clan and trying to not just win fights but the war.

No I don't care how players play. This was a point to the admins. We all play our own way... But under the guide lines of rules of the game. You can use toons to farm but can't abuse by the rules. You can buy reals and play that way. But under the rules of the game.

How would I change this? If you don't accumulate 1200/3000 crystals you are banned the same as if you don't do damage enough. If you don't make it then spend the month really prepping your clan to show up for wars in numbers like we all use to before damage = sydian and fear of seal ment clan worked together to win.
everyone one except elitists and hf surrendered every war against ninth, everyone surrendered every waragainst elitists and hf except for a few times ninth. clans in generall just surrendered to start paying seal insted of spending money on war yeah where good times.
only times where wars happened where those weired return money agreements
Clara Korn,
or you forgot to surrender lol. But those arrange wars were a lot of fun. Inexpensive and we all tried to win. But wars with the big three rarely happened.. but many of the other clans war'd a lot with each other. So boring for big clans but a lot more fun for rest of the game. I remember because i was part of the little clans.. Shout to VS
Did the math on the last Ninth vs IE and Ninth vs Elitists wars. Elitists handed in more crystals than IE did. And definitely no offence intended to IE, I like the way you war. Just pointing out some facts to anyone else that wants to comment on "Not Trying", please rethink. Just because Some felt bored does not mean the other clan didn't try.

"If you don't accumulate 1200/3000 crystals you are banned the same as if you don't do damage enough" might be a fair way to judge if other clans are trying. Perhaps Ihit can enlighten us, have there been many wars with under 1000 points per side?

And, can we have the "Current Wars" tab back? dragoneternity.com/clan/activewars/ We all used to love watching the 'wars in progress' as cheerleaders and bystanders; and to keep more people curious is always a good thing (if you ask a Kat!)
Storm Kat,
Remember it's not just amount but combination of crystals to point scale. The IE had a higher end scrore then elitist with less crystals. Should remember one of your favorite tactics in AS was denying a color. It makes a huge difference.
Reaghnf,
Lol, oh yes, I remember that all too well, keeping colour advantages when possible. Was also fun in the VS/AS days of "Red is mine, Blue is yours, I'll kick your butt for the purple" ">

I could see how a minimum score might motivate some to do more to win/defend certain mines, but to be honest that takes away a bit of the Fun of the current war setup. War commanding isn't play-time, it's work-time. Fighting is far more fun.

There's nothing to lose, and a lot to gain, in wars now.
In case you haven't been paying attention, War rewards include:
-Reward Caskets (Hero, BC, Corsair, others?) for players under level 50.
-Sydian for players over level 50.
-Heroism
-Valor
-Better chances of winning weekly confrontation standings.

Not seeing the downside :) Unless you are Valor capped, there is no reason not to click (as far as I can see).
Storm Kat,

And that brings us back to, wars no longer seem to matter. Some seem to be selfish and only worry about winning their fight, and not fighting a balanced and tactical war, and having a penalty for losing.

Amherst,
Just like those that shoot middle in ship battles for extra heroism. Or die in ship battles to 'prevent' the other side from getting heroism. It's part of the game. If going to punish for not winning wars, should also punish for not trying at sea.

I would rather see a whole bunch of clans signing up and getting valor from fights (win or lose), while learning about crystals. Seems to be a very forgotten thing for many: how few have actually been in a war in this game. If clans don't sign up, people don't learn about wars. Wars are not easy, they are fast and can be stressful, better to let people play without any extra restrictions.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.