Turning into defilers.

Let's start discussing how we can get the last Shaab fight done and more defilers

"> Opinions needed. We tried talking in Current Combat chat last time, and too many didn't listen and we all got stuck. What can we do differently this time? Did admin change anything? ">
Comments
I only heard of 2 defilers so far. So things are even WORSE than last time when we had 4.
pearls,
lol *sarcasm* Great

And defilers still need to join the fight. From the attitude around game lately, joining battles for the sake of fighting isn't worth it, unless you're going to win "> My big hesitation on becoming a defiler is that there may not even be enough arena time to get the quest done, needing kills when arena is dead, is not a good quest to get stuck with. And no money, and no profession, and no crafting. As much as I would love to smash harder in the arena, the disadvantages seem extreme. Anyone have a more positive outlook and want to try to talk more of us into being defilers?
Storm Katpearls,
lol *sarcasm* Great

joining battles for the sake of fighting isn't worth it, unless you're going to win ">

That's very strange to hear from you.

About being a defiler, its only for 2 days. So you aren;t losing so much by not being able to hop or professions for 2 days. When shaab comes usually you must prepare way ahead.
I want to become a defiler. I have been trying to get it since the defilers appeared. I was unable to. I killed mobs in knossos, i killed elites both in knossos and on other locations, but still nothing. I died on mobs many times. Had to waste a lot of gold for repairs. Nothing seems to work.
pearls, sarcasm font was continued for that statement. "> Win or lose, I'll be fighting, always have.

hmmm... 2 days is not so bad at all. Having never done it yet, I hesitate, but perhaps it would be fun to try something new. Plus, as a defiler, I can be sure I would not be stuck in the 5+ hour battle, can die and go on playing. Sounds like defilers will be a better way to go.

Anyone having luck getting the curse? Suggestions on how? ">
I know one... defiler
If recall correctly last time ihit said we need to fight the defiler elites to get the chance
Storm Katpearls,
lol *sarcasm* Great

And defilers still need to join the fight. From the attitude around game lately, joining battles for the sake of fighting isn't worth it, unless you're going to win "> My big hesitation on becoming a defiler is that there may not even be enough arena time to get the quest done, needing kills when arena is dead, is not a good quest to get stuck with. And no money, and no profession, and no crafting. As much as I would love to smash harder in the arena, the disadvantages seem extreme. Anyone have a more positive outlook and want to try to talk more of us into being defilers?

The reason for that is precisely because Defilers can't earn money or anything. So when a piece of armor breaks...it hurts...that's why if I'm unprepared for Shaab or don't have a backup plan for when something breaks I'll skip the arena quest and wait for the final boss fight or just not be a defiler.

Fighting as a defiler is fun; you basically have no chance of dying but it also gets boring. (this is for final boss fight when you get the defiler effect that heals you when you attack.) Part of a defilers attack is taken from the boss. The way to win is simple. Get a ton of people for the defilers to smash :P In the past I have been a defiler all except one time. And my experience with it was that we usually had trouble with having enough people for the defilers to smash :P

To get defiler you need to be inflicted with chill of blight. Simple way of getting it...take off your armor or equip full recruit armor; your choice. Then go die to the lvl 70 defiler elite in ruins of khatan over and over and you'll eventually get it. Some people get it after 2 times, sometimes 10, it's taken me close to 100 before. Random. That said...too many defilers is a bad thing.

My question though is: Since defilers can't summon a dragon does that mean they can't neph?
Rubido,

That is correct Elites on mainland not in Canyon has highest chance of infecting you. (Fighting , winning as well as dying to them)
Please note that you can also get chills by PvP'ing with others who are already infected. I see that currently there are already 22 people who got the chills.
Ironic123,
Looks like Battle Steel time anyway. Smashy Smashy! Let's go kill some elites
Ironic123Storm Katpearls,
lol *sarcasm* Great

The reason for that is precisely because Defilers can't earn money or anything. So when a piece of armor breaks...it hurts...that's why if I'm unprepared for Shaab or don't have a backup plan for when something breaks I'll skip the arena quest and wait for the final boss fight or just not be a defiler.

Fighting as a defiler is fun; you basically have no chance of dying but it also gets boring. (this is for final boss fight when you get the defiler effect that heals you when you attack.) Part of a defilers attack is taken from the boss. The way to win is simple. Get a ton of people for the defilers to smash :P In the past I have been a defiler all except one time. And my experience with it was that we usually had trouble with having enough people for the defilers to smash :P

To get defiler you need to be inflicted with chill of blight. Simple way of getting it...take off your armor or equip full recruit armor; your choice. Then go die to the lvl 70 defiler elite in ruins of khatan over and over and you'll eventually get it. Some people get it after 2 times, sometimes 10, it's taken me close to 100 before. Random. That said...too many defilers is a bad thing.

My question though is: Since defilers can't summon a dragon does that mean they can't neph?

Afaik no neph for defiler but only heard it from others cant confirm myself yet
Ironic, "......don't have a backup plan for when something breaks....."

LOL backup plan = alts? Have enough of those to play with

No luck so far for anyone in my clan to get chill. Have heard of a few more players that did get it today though, so hopefully there will be a lot in all brackets.
Chilling (santa)
Easy, tell all noobs to not kill the defilers. I.e not dot, strikes, spots, detectors etc to be used on defilers. Hell they wants listed....
scandelnavia,
It's not as if they're going to listen...
scandelnavia,
tried that in current combat last time, all the advice was ignored.

Seeing a lot of good people with blight this time, should hopefully make for some hard to kill defilers!
just not too many deflers... we want to win the battle too!!!
Ha, have you seen the defilers? starting with pandor and lots of other really tough toons, Adan has had it, LOL
Rajabi,
LOL, yup, looks like we went to the other extreme this time.

But, if the fight starts at 6am central time, I don't know how many people are able to be here early Monday morning.
Am I right about that, the fight starts at 12:00 game time (in just a few hours)?
no its at the same time as all the other boss fights are tomorrow 20:00 game time
Snow Ball Man,
from the main page news "The stage will last until April 19th 12:00 Server Time"

oops, found it. VII. Arkahshul Conqueror of the Worlds (From 20:00 to 23:59 of Day Seven)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.