Helping people get to SB

I would like to get this confirmed by Ihit but are the mixed SBs still happening? There were 22 sadar in queue and 3 vaalor but it didn't go.

Pure ones seem to be going. So if we can get exactly 18 sadar in queue (which should not be that big of a problem) we should be able to constantly do SBs.

However that doesn't really include Vaalor nor does it do anything about the cost of SBs (which are expensive).

We all know that the losing side not only doesn't receive heroism but also receives a lot less valor making it highly unlikely that they would want to go again.

So I propose a way to lower the cost of SBs so that people will want to come back: 1) just mount, balm, food; don't dot spell/mount strike/ or arrow (basically don't overpower and annihilate the other side just because you can) 2) just balm, food (like AoH or 7b)

Yes this is a game, yes it's meant to have fun, yes it's fun to go all out and annihilate the other side. But if we do that then it makes it unlikely that people will go again (whether it's sadar vs sadar, sadar vs vaalor, or vaalor vs vaalor). If they don't go again then the fun ends.

Like I said I hope Ihit can confirm if the mixed ones are still going.

And no this not a hate on sadar topic (please don't turn it into one) I am trying to figure out ways that can help people get to SB because the more SBs that happen the better (also remember wars aren't happening for quite some time so SBs are our heroism for now. Do you want it to continue or do you want it to stop?)

Thoughts?

Comments
- Godfather -,

vaalor did dominate at that time but because we couldn't switch sides it the losing sadarians stayed on their side and kept growing and became stronger, now because we can switch sides players would rather be on sadar because the benefit of being there is too great compared to being in vaalor. the fact that you can switch sides broke the balance of the game since people prefer to switch to the more dominate side instead of growing and making vaalor stronger.
- Godfather -,
You shouldn't forget to mention that Vaalors were bc'd by Vaalors as well, it wasn't Vaalor vs Sadar at all.

@Everyone:
I doubt that mixed SB's are still happening, tried it a couple of times and it didn't go so...
D3athKnight- Godfather -,
You shouldn't forget to mention that Vaalors were bc'd by Vaalors as well, it wasn't Vaalor vs Sadar at all.

@Everyone:
I doubt that mixed SB's are still happening, tried it a couple of times and it didn't go so...

I can't recall the last mixed fight I've seen. Those were always the most fun, you had absolutely no idea who was where and what you'd face... or who would win.

Personally don't care about the reps or who gets them, for me the fun is in entering a fight in which the result isn't predetermined (or very nearly). There's a rush and excitement to it that makes it worth the expense. War, arena, SB, dot, whatever.
Clara Korn,

And yet nobody joins Vortex or IW which both have great rewards while Vortex is very cheap if we compare the money spent between SB and Vortex.
Ihit,
That's because with brackets its impossible to find the substantial amount of people to start one, there has only been one Vortex on this server (I think don't hate on me if im wrong)
Ihit,
Though you are right about the rewards being better in Vortex. Yes it fire a lot less but the issue isn’t fun of event. It is the frequency/opportunity to participate. SB can fire 1 per hour. Vortex is 1 per week. As anyone knows who plays this game. We suck at getting groups together to do anything haha. (Caves/Tomes) You give us one shot a week to get 18 people together…. yeah, I remember the week of lobbying to get the one that did fire.
Due to my availability to play I wasn't unable to check back on the thread for 2 whole days...and it hasn't gone the way I wanted/thought it would since the beginning lol. So treat this like a new post in a new thread and ignore all the useless and off topic BS above it.

Ok to make it simple:

Screw the clan vs clan politics. Those of you that want to argue about Elitists, 9th, HF, AS, or any clan go to another thread. The goal of this is to open discussion about how to get people to queue for SBs. Nothing else.

Firstly what are the queuing mechanics set at right now?

1) Are mixed SBs still available (meaning vaalor and sadar are sometimes on the same side?)
2) Are pure faction (only one side going be it 18 sadar or 18 vaalor, for example, still available?)
3) Or is it back to normal where it needs to be at least 5 of both?

If Ihit is would be able to comment on that I would appreciate it that. Or anyone else that knows the answer.

Secondly how to increase people going (since people don't like using so many buffs and special items and losing easily):
1)Mount, balm, food?
2)Just mount?
3?Just balm, food?

Yes SB may or may not be cheaper than a clan war no matter the buffs used. However, wars are not happening for an unknown amount of time and have not been happening for a long while. So in my opinion that's a moot point.

Yes it seems like even more "player made" rules on SB but these "rules" would help ensure that EVERYONE (including all those littles out there clanned AND/OR unclanned) would want to do SB. There are a ton of people on this server. There should be plenty of people online to run a SB at any given time.

Thirdly for the other battlegrounds (like Vortex) comparison: Vortex rarely happens compared to SB due to level and time of day restrictions. SBs are available every day every 2 hours or so. Either way they are more available than Vortex, IW, ToH, etc.

And now I will be gone for probably another 2 says if not 3. Please only respond if you have actual answers to the questions I asked or something that actually would help get people to do SB/discuss SB. Not stupid children bickering.

Need 5 collection pieces for a reward, that you can only get in Sea Battles for a very limited time "> YAY!!! See you all tomorrow! ">
well it is a game mechanic but some (maybe 1/3rd winning side value) heroism for the losing side would be nice.
I agree that a mount/balm/food player rule would be nice, (this can be lifted for anyone under 30)
mix/sole empire games would help balance the game some but could potentially cause other problems (as in sadar doing 100 sb a day against other sadar and vaalor getting 0, but that is a player preference problem.)
hex should be banned (dragon shackle by a lvl 70 on a lvl 50 for example)
perhaps a 'special' even introduced where players can get extra corsair rep (seems to be one for every other rep)
the bc/heal rule to be in effect (I heard a few that been bc not getting healed after, not confirmed)

that is all I got. personally I do the mount+bomb, balm and food only in sb and this usually cost me about 3g a sb (counting in pots and repair average costs) if losing side would get maybe 200 heroism a fight per person average I would go more often! otherwise I do not think I will be.

(also I have qd many times to vortex and IW but never go off)

wish they make a skip option for sb neph quests... been on first sb for over 8 months now
oh and when I say 'special event' I am talking about a non timed repeating quest 'like for prot quests' example kill 9 pirate wolves (whichever the elite or 3rd group is)
Zalex Jr,
I agree, if they treated heroism in SB like valor in other pvp fights they would probably go much more often.
" 200 heroism a fight per person average I would go more often! "
I get more than that just from the Sea Wolf kill. Yes, only 3 people get it there. But since there's 5 of us going, 3/5 get 150-350 every time. And since we're not jerks, we can share those sea wolf kills.
Ship Battle, I get 250-550 heroism. Usually in 2/3 of the battles I get a bonus. Most get 150-350. So yes... if you added it all up, and averaged it out, it would not surprise me to find that the average is 200 per.
Personally, I don't think that's enough, luckily, I make 700 average on a lost battle. But I'm higher level, and being higher level has it's perks.
18/03/2015 last time I ranked, and currently at 34023/105000 for the next, many sea battles later. It's a good thing I go often, no matter what, this will take some play time, just wish 4 others would join me more frequently. ">
I think one of the biggest problems, besides upgraded gear and spells, is summons. Most people my level and under can summon 2-4 skellies and a dragon, while level 50-70 (a majority of the players there) can summon for days, and they are big summons . A lot of the higher ups can also summon a cursed creature which has a ton of health, along with a bunch of level 39 or higher skellies. I dont know, I may be wrong and just gotten unlucky with who was there, but I really doubt it
Landwen,
I see your name on a few winning links in clan news. Looks like 1 or 2 big beasts on Vaalor side can carry any number of little sailors... as long as sadars are doing the same. Congrats on all your wins this weekend, persistence pays off!

06/04/2015 07:46eddieson erhält einen neuen Rang «Repressor»!
Another Ancient Specter gets a heroism rank. We're having fun and loving every minute of it. And maybe that's what people need to remember, have fun in Sea Battle, buff up, mount up, bring all the summons you can, but most importantly, have fun!!!
A very special Thank You to all the other Vaalors that queued up and had a good time. Hope to see you again lots today! ">
I see that we kindof didn't stick to the point.
So @Ihit and adminteam

We all want some heroism for losing team in SB, doesn't matter who loses, Vaalor or Sadar. Will bring a lot of SB going now clanwars are disabled.
Could the que be changed to be more like aoh, ingnoring sadar/vaalor, and balancing levels on the two sides. then it would be a more even battle for all. Also increase heroism for the losing side, and to balance decrease the winning heroism.
I like choo choo trains too.
...I give up...whatever...play however you wish lol. it is just a game after all
...I give up...this isn't a discussion. Lol after all it's just a game. Play as you wish.

Duke2 ,
Look at your PM I sent you by the way.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.