Helping people get to SB

I would like to get this confirmed by Ihit but are the mixed SBs still happening? There were 22 sadar in queue and 3 vaalor but it didn't go.

Pure ones seem to be going. So if we can get exactly 18 sadar in queue (which should not be that big of a problem) we should be able to constantly do SBs.

However that doesn't really include Vaalor nor does it do anything about the cost of SBs (which are expensive).

We all know that the losing side not only doesn't receive heroism but also receives a lot less valor making it highly unlikely that they would want to go again.

So I propose a way to lower the cost of SBs so that people will want to come back: 1) just mount, balm, food; don't dot spell/mount strike/ or arrow (basically don't overpower and annihilate the other side just because you can) 2) just balm, food (like AoH or 7b)

Yes this is a game, yes it's meant to have fun, yes it's fun to go all out and annihilate the other side. But if we do that then it makes it unlikely that people will go again (whether it's sadar vs sadar, sadar vs vaalor, or vaalor vs vaalor). If they don't go again then the fun ends.

Like I said I hope Ihit can confirm if the mixed ones are still going.

And no this not a hate on sadar topic (please don't turn it into one) I am trying to figure out ways that can help people get to SB because the more SBs that happen the better (also remember wars aren't happening for quite some time so SBs are our heroism for now. Do you want it to continue or do you want it to stop?)

Thoughts?

Comments
Ironic123,
9th are mad that vaalor go to sb. They are screaming at people that go and trying to take it out on those that do in arena. As always 9th accuse many of doing things that actually they do. They talk in private that when wars start they will be earning heroism and sky crystals "mcduck style".

Your point about SBs being expensive I am not sure I agree with. Most of an SB can be funded by resources and game gold. Wars are far more expensive. The fact is the 9th have negative tactics for everything, you should know, you were there long enough. Funny thing about wars is that most surrender to 9th too in the last few they had if you look in their history, so if they are telling people they will get loads of heroism when wars start again I consider that to be a joke.
This thread is about finding a way to get SB going and staying active. RF_17, if u want to start a thread on 9th, go ahead but if u want to want to comment on this thread, it is wise to stick to the topic.

SB is a faction battle and we all know sadar has far more top players then valor. The reward for the losing team is not that much compare to the time and cost of SB. Not to mention valor has around a 20% of winning. The 80%/20% rule is in sadars advantage.

That is the facts. I feel administration needs to intervene, but hey this is only a game and I have not invest that much real money into it only a couple hundred and not any in the past year so do what u want to do game decision makers.
ThisNsihT,
Some facts for you. When SB first started everyone used to go. Then player 'rules' started coming in. Vaalor were dominant at the time, yet I still used to go. How else did I get double the heroism of anyone on server if I didn't keep going, learning and sucked up many losses? Not by magic that's for sure.
Admin has also intervened to allow people to catch up with the elder dragon stuff recently introduced. I disagree with that but I can't change what the game introduces lol.
Facts are that for far too long both sadar and vaalor tried to control sbs. I have tried to change that by getting everyone to go again. Now vaalor are screaming that sbs are going when 9th were telling people not to. Fact.
Many people in the game like SBs, me included, and yes it is my favourite thing in game. Other things and battles are other peoples favourites.

You tried to say I don't talk about SBs and why they don't go. Perhaps you should read it again. Ironic asked for thoughts, yet you want to deny me mine? I also disagree with some of their points re expense of SB. Read it then come with your point of view. Also with more Sadars going then Vaalor should be happy as it is more likely that if say 15 Vaalors are in Q then 30 Sadars will be in Q and a higher % of new players to SB will be in Q for Sadar.
ThisNsihT,
Well stated. And I'll speak for ninth on this. no ninth isn't mad at valor. Some players in the game are mad at agreements made for upgrades. kinda of like fighting with no gear on and no damaged but getting the rep, which is illegal. .Although the deals being made don't break any D.E policies. I for one don't really care as people can do what they want, but to say ONLY and ALL of ninth are mad at valor is just incorrect. i have heard from both sides of the fence from people who doesn't like it and thinks it's unfair. That my friend is the beef people who refuse to do SB have. I read clan chat and news boards in ninth and have NEVER seen someone screaming at valor for going into SB except for when the poor schlub that joins is inexperienced, unmounted and doesn't even have a belt, which I think anyone would complain about, especially sadar.,(wink, wink)

I don't know what your beef is with ninth RF, you obviously don't know everyone hear because if you did you would speak much differently, but perhaps you know more than I as nearly half a dozen or so became elitist not that long ago when wargecko had to quit due to his cancer? Maybe you base your beliefs on their comments. However several have commented on other post regarding their feels and that is the same stuff I see and hear in clan chat.

Nonetheless I can't seem to recall a clan getting so much hate about information that is clearly not factual. Could there be one or maybe two people whom believe or fit your description? perhaps. But I don't hear ninth going around slamming all of elitist because of just one person or even two..... I have friends in your clan that I like communicating with them, although it's never about clan talk and always about the game it's polite and not demeaning. Sure, I can understand people can get mad from time to time. But good Lord stop all the hate.

I am the boogey man! Don't queue for sea or I will come and get you! ">

Seriously, I have no idea where RF's wild accusations come from, but they do always give me a laugh, so thank you for that. If anyone hasn't heard it yet from me, queue for sea all you'd like. Nobody from 9th Legion will stand in your way. Do I think queue-ing over and over to lose in a winner-take-all battleground is silly? Of course. But if you want to give it a shot, knock yourself out.

Ironic - I haven't seen a mixed SB run in a long time, but I also haven't seen any announcements about changes to them. Maybe a ton of people didn't confirm, so there weren't 18 people available or something? I also think that if 5 vaalors queue and 20 sadars queue, it runs a 5v9 sea, leaving the rest of the people on shore, so maybe that happened.

-Lance-

EDIT - In response to the post below, RF - you are responding to a thread about mixed sea battles and reduced buffs in sea battles by accusing 9th. An absurd post deserves an absurd reply, so my apologies for not providing a point-by-point rebuke of your ridiculous post.
scandelnavia,

Lance Corpus,
I base my comments on things I get told from Vaalorians. But do read and respond to all my points if you want an actual discussion then I am always available in PM.
As for hate Scandel, where above am I hating on 9th? Just stating my opinion based on what I get told by Vaalorian members. and yes some ex 9th are now in elitists so I have a good position to judge from wouldn't you say?
scandelnavia,
As for fighting with no gear on...you mean like one of yours especially dunkelz1ff3r? I am surprised he didn't get shackled yet.
1 - I am the one that must defend the actions of my clan, as I wear the crown. This is a heavy burden, and has just this week cost me at least 3 people off my friends list, all over this debate about Sea Battles and deals for upgrades (that ironically will help us win more sea battles, but that's all besides the point, right?). But, in return, I have met new players, and I hope that by meeting us at Sea, we've encouraged them to grow stronger and given them good advice on how.
2 - dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=55170841-d0ae-0405-6fa5-ef9eee6f9d19
3 - If there are other vaalors and sadars out there that wish to go to Sea Battle and are afraid of backlash, they need to join and see for themselves, I truly believe that the attitude is changing for the better.

I send a Huge Thank You to all the littles that queued up from all the clans, especially those that spoke to me and came back and did even better the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... times. Without your help, we would see 0 Sea Battles (with vaalor in them) go and I love Sea Battles, always have. I was one of the rebels that have been joining since before I got my blue belt, and I know first hand how much motivation to get better comes from Sea Battle fun. Corsair spells are available at level 29 - you only get essences from sea battles, so if you want those spells, you'll need to come play, both sides. ">
Storm Kat,
Love the facts
Ironic123Helping people get to SB
So I propose a way to lower the cost of SBs so that people will want to come back: 1) just mount, balm, food; don't dot spell/mount strike/ or arrow (basically don't overpower and annihilate the other side just because you can) 2) just balm, food (like AoH or 7b)

In response to the original suggestion - I'm all for people thinking before they slaughter. It is discouraging for anyone to be up against a level 70 and have them smash you in a few shots. Although this is what SB has become about, If we had more on both sides that were equal, we'd see quickly, that a level 70 hitting level 30s with mount strikes and arrows, would be hit back by other level 70s. That is what SB needs, more from both sides queueing, all the time, and letting everyone have a good time. Or, we could open the debate about putting level brackets in place for SB again, seeing how that works out. Admin has been awesome at opening groups and experimenting with how that works, and I believe the feedback has been positive. Perhaps they can consider a 2 tier for SB for the next experiment?
Storm Kat,
Re lvl brackets. Not against it...but how has that worked out for Vortex, IW and every other battleground?
RF_17,
We've made forum posts requesting they get rid of brackets. *sigh* poor admin.
RF_17ThisNsihT,
Some facts for you. When SB first started everyone used to go. Then player 'rules' started coming in. Vaalor were dominant at the time, yet I still used to go.

RF, cut the crap. I clearly remember when you completely boycotted a full heroism day because Haggar, shadowlord and aizen were kicking you VERY hard in SB and you didn't win. So stop asking other people to come and lose when you stopped doing that until you started winning.
It would be great to get a confirmation on this by Ihit but if that happened during Incident Boss Fight, that might be the reason... Probably people queued up but thinking SB might not go they joined boss fight.

Just a thought
So just some facts.
1) Sb´s are a lot more expensive compared to the way MOST clans played there wars. With Food and Balm only and no summons there is no way u get even close to the cost of sbs.

2) Gecko temporarily leaving the game had nothing at all to do with the players leaving ninth and joining elitists at that time. Wont discuss in detail but it was clan internal stuff.

3) The "deal" would only be abusive/rule braking if it would contain any terms about who wins the sbs. Its not more or less abusive than healing after a "friendly" bc. (And with friendly i only mean asking if u can kill that person before doing so)
RF, u need to grow up and stop being negative about 9th , as usual your spewings are inaccurate , u bc us day in day out , u attack on garuug and HOP , u attack mines and stop us getting resources, and u think we are negative , jeez the game is not solely for your benefit , so stop with the porkies dude and lighten up.BTW FYI trongster went on bc spree and came off second best , so RF immediately threatened to BC 9th with black cos his clannie was losing , how pathetic. (santa)
If people want to go to sea battle, they'll queue. If they don't want to then they won't. It's everybody's individual game and they can play it however they like. :D That was easy button inserted here.
Just to say - back until about 2 years ago, vaalor were dominant, in SB's, clan wars, the whole shabang. Sader's were constantly being BC'ed daily, sader didn't take it to forums and complain about it, sader just sucked it up. I think, the players in Vaalor that are giving out about the mismatch in strength are the ones who were playing back then and were on the stroner side. Basically, deal with it, if you don't like it, tough its a game, get over it.
- Godfather -,

Are u the real william hung? with the shebang action going on. Read what Leane said, this is a game, anyone can do what they feel is best for them or if they affiliate themselves in a clan, what is best for the clan. I just how people are killing themselves slowly over a game, stress shortens ur live and if u continue, it will give u chronic illness. No meds or surgery can cure the illness, only bandage it for a short period of time then illness will still be there.
ThisNsihT,

............./´¯/)........... (\¯`\
............/....//........... ...\\....\
.........../....//............ ....\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯ `\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_| .\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(. \....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\. ..\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(.......... ..)................/
......\.............\......... ../............./
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.