GI Play Feedback

As you know we've recently launched GI Play client that is currently is available for both Windows and OSX. In this thread feel free to discuss as well as leave any feedback regarding new client. Please note it's still in Beta version therefor improvements will be made over time and that's why we'd like to hear feedback from you!

Comments
Uninstalled as keeps on auto opening and doing updates....eating my internet up
When i first tried to download the client I got the Russian C++ thing and then my pc asked me to restore it and i did . My problem is when I try to download the client I get this error message: Error opening file for writing .......I put in a question to support .......hope they can fix I HATE playing games in browsers! AND I WANNA PLAY, DANGIT!!!
Clawtooth,

Do you have the necessary permissions/enough space on your drive?
Ihit,
Any chance the auto-open can stop? Doing updates by itself, I have a download cap of 20gbs
Crushing the Beast,

At the moment make sure client is simply closed (exit the client completely)
when i press try for free a message pops up say file is missed retry launching.
What am i doing wrong...it doesn't download anything
Ihit,
Yes, but every time I turn on laptop it just starts itself up
why is it when i try to get on the download client it tells me i have no entry point?
Update was available today, and it was a forced one, the X to close was not available. Got connection errors twice (even though I am on the browser still playing). But the update is finally complete.
The scroll function is still not fixed. Have to hold the mouse button in the middle of the list and slide to get through the list, the bar on the right hand side disappears if I try to mouse over it.
Can't click on forum post on new beta and tavern tab on bought out says "bough out"
Also moving around adan the Transitions list pops up automatically and is very hard to navigate on a screen
As reply to Jose M please post any issues you have here in this thread. Not being able to properly play dice games through client - we know about it and will be changed in further releases of client.
It just downloaded an update and now fails to open..... Says... this application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"
McCallum,

Does it fail to open at all / happens at step when you press play game on application, guessing you already tried to restart the client?
I get "Your session has timed out. Please reenter your login and password", Is this because I'm also playing on browser? And, I don't see an option to save password, is there one?
Storm Kat,

If you're trying to play same character from both then yes almost certainly it is because of that. For saving password do you mean GI play - currently there is none only to keep you logged in.
Ihit,
No, not trying to play same character from both. I am logged in with this one (Storm Kat) on pc, and use my alt on GI play. When I open GI Play, my info is there. Then Click Dragon Eternity, get the "Your session timed out error" and that is where I log in with DE info again.
I have tried to d/l it a few times and each time it has a pop up in Russian, so I assume I hit the right button since it started down loading. But it will only go to 90% and then says I am missing a file. I tried to get help on the support link but that too says I am missing a file. So I have no clue what to do with it.
I logged on to the client to do a massive weekend audit while I was sailing today, and I couldn't handle it. The waves in the back ground going left to right, while trying to scroll up & down, cause motion sickness for me (I know, I'm crazy, but I am sure there are others that would suffer the same if they had to deal with book keeping).
Is there any way to change the graphic settings to the "Minimum" Mode that the browser version has?

On that note - I used my alt instead and did the audit from the peace and quiet of Clan Hall and had no technical difficulties at all. So, that is appreciated. There are still Many complaints about the book keeping (mostly, Where Is The Item Search PLEASE!?), but I did not crash this time.
I personally would love to see a Dragon Eternity Shortcut or .exe on my desktop. I also love how sleek it is to navigate, although slightly confusing at first. Overal 7/10. The launcher for Dragon Eternity is in Russian, I'm in U.S. So I don't know what it says.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.