GI Play Feedback

As you know we've recently launched GI Play client that is currently is available for both Windows and OSX. In this thread feel free to discuss as well as leave any feedback regarding new client. Please note it's still in Beta version therefor improvements will be made over time and that's why we'd like to hear feedback from you!

Comments
Overall I like the program. There are still parts of it that I can’t read because they are russian (Valor status Bar etc…) I would like to see the drag option of items into chat bar like internet server instead of clicking on item to open in chat. Sometimes risk “using” item by doing that. Think the biggest issue I’ve heard is the inability to log on multiple toons at once. Since 99% of players on here run 3+ characters should be a option.
Reaghnf,

Thank you for letting us know we'll be changing descriptions in client to their proper ones as well as c++ runtime installation to be in english instead in next updates. If you experience any similar issues/bugs or descriptions that should not be there please do let us know in this thread!
Downloaded, did not install the russian pop up for c++ so not sure if that will cause problems next time I try. It looks good, but the lack of copy/paste function in chat, and the inability to log multiple toons, means I went right back to browser version.
Just out of curiosity, how come when new stuff come there always in Russian?
-Triggers-,

Because some stuff is originaly written in this language and Russian players often get to test issues first and you get much better product in the end with less issues :)

Storm Kat,

As far as multiple instances of game/chars - unlikely but rest of features are very likely to be added in future, as noted before client is currently in beta and we're gathering feedback. The first prompted installation is simply Microsoft Runtime.
Ihit,

I am surprise that you expand on Storm Kat's subject/issue with the multiple toons. You tend to ignore tough subjects in the past, that is what you do, so I was shocked. I am here to learn about successful business by things to do and things not to do as well as have fun. Hopefully I can bring the ying and the yang together. Multiple toons is hurting the game.

1) People can trade with their own toons which makes the game less interactive/sociable and the main toon will always get the upper hand on the trade.

2) It swings the advantage to those players that play 22 hours a day instead of the cashers. Cashers are leaving and game is suffering cause of all the goods they can gather and only sell to who they want. The 32K+ mastery and above will demonstrate my point.

All I am doing is looking forward to updates on the game. That will I will find out if it is effective or not hence the what to do or not to do comes in.
Ihit,

New system is faster and good. Few things I'm having issues with though.

1. As stated the Russian terms including the download process.
2. The wasted space on the edges making the chat and friends/near combat very small in size hard to see who's really near you.
3.I was having issues with pots/monsters flashing and dissapering. Dunno if others having it but felt like a strob light was going on/off. Tried different settings but nothing seemed to help.

Other wise right now I think its working smoothly for a beta.
Noticed today that if I put mouse over item in AH to see if .. say cook recipe so I can quickly see if it is blue or green one I just get russian terms and no item description pops up.
I have to scroll to get to my character, an option which I do not have......
- Godfather -,

Do you not have the scroll-wheel on your mouse?

Reaghnf,

Noted and thank you!
I have a mouse without a scroll wheel on one of my computers, so would also have a problem with a few of the things that require it. Most importantly the Transactions option. When I try to use the red bar on the right side, it disappears. Moving around is far more difficult in the client.

Also, I found the options tab and turned sound off, but I truly miss the little speaker to quickly click sound off and on again.

And, when selecting a character's information bars, it would be nice if the option you are hovering over would highlight as it does on pc.

Over all, just using the client on a little alt, I've had no crashes, noticed no lagging at all, and look forward to future updates. Good Work!
Ihit,
Yes, but when I scroll nothing happens
where and how do i get this GI play?
How come when I opened my garugg bag I got absolutely nothing? You guys owe me one now. Rather than that I think the system is pretty good
Hmm logged in and back out and it only gave me the bag but no pots or glyphs which is weird
How come dice games (on boat) are rigged and dont show the button to throw dices?
darkyywhere and how do i get this GI play?

Download the client off the main website page.

However my computer is not letting me download the client due to the virus protection settings that are enabled and I do not have sufficient permissions to change them. Oh well. Will just stick to the main game instead lol
darkyy,

Or simply click "Windows" in top of thread it automatically links to client instalation.
Figured out a way to enable me to download the client but now am getting a message that I can't download the Visual C++ Redistributable since I have a newer version enabled already.
hmmm says file is missed retry launching every time i try opening DE
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.