Clans being robbed

So, I hear that since our clan robbery a few months ago RP and now Underworld have been robbed. Unless you make a change Ihit and completely ban these scumbags from the game forever, they will continue to do this.
What right do these deadbeats have to make another character or carry on playing using an alt?
A tougher stance needs to be adopted on all accounts created by a person. Surely you can put a block on their IP or something.
Even better, if someone robs a clan, you could make every character they own or make after appear in pink text so everyone can see what they truly are. ">
Comments
I agree
+1 from me.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
From me
I agree
i agree
agree
And who gave them access to clan chest? It's not a default action.
I still think more options for the clan leaders would be the way to go. IP address/email address/all that stuff, is easy enough to get around for most people. But making restrictions that allow us to decide who can take what and how much would be a great way to prevent these massive robberies that harm everyone in the clan.
Give us additional storage options with individual restrictions please.
IrishAnd who gave them access to clan chest? It's not a default action.

the real question is "whos fault is it that these people are still playing?"
Irish,
We give them access, after we've gotten to know them a little and feel they can be trusted. We can't check history and see if they have had alts that have robbed clans, so how are we supposed to know? They need access to Clan Chest to get gear, which also gives full access to Resource Storage. The other option of trading clan gear is ok, with conditions written, but costs the clan funds because DE still charges the taxes even though there is no money involved.

In the case of Rising Pheonix, this was not a new player that robbed them, this was someone who had previously been in clans and seemed trust worthy. If there was a history of robbing clans, we would, rightfully, have expected that character to be banned from game.

With The Fallen, that person had been on main a lot, seemed like a good person who really wanted to play the game. I too would have given access after a week.

In my case, I love having my clan mates work on professions, therefore they need resource storage access, but when they are under 1k crafting and only need grey materials, there is no reason to give them access to the rest... except that DE doesn't have enough options for restrictions.

We, as leaders, are just asking that Admin please try to come up with more options. You blame us for these robberies, but we are only working with what is provided to try to make the strongest clans possible. Having gear and resource access helps keep people active, and more active people are needed in this game. Help us make stronger characters by giving us the tools needed to stay safe. Please.
agree
the real question is "whos fault is it that these people are still playing?"

That is TRULY the correct question to ask. This is a fantasy game of war which means people will make friends and enemies. Those enemies can easily create another character and sweet talk their way to a clan and rob that clan blind. Ihit and Irish are not parents of each and every clan. They are here to settle disputes When u create a clan, everyone in that clan has to take onus. I understand this is a game, everyone wants to relax and do not think, but hey there are consequences for not thinking. A perfect example is mindless.

Privacy laws and issues will come in play if players are given access to stuff like IP address and stuff. Ihit probably have to deal with privacy issues and being sued by players. Isn't that the American Way of making money?

To answer the question of whos fault is it that others are still playing this game?, the answer is each and every one of us. We all blame admin for making and changing rules but we will play or do not play because of the people in the server either as companions or to take revenge.
The only thing the leaders are to blame for is trusting human nature.
As Kat said, we could not give anyone permission to take items and trade them, but the taxes we are charged for a free trade are ridiculous, if it is a blue items we could be talking 1g down the drain. Maybe you could look at abolishing tax for a trade if it is a clan item and we could get around it this way?
Anyway this is kind of off my main point, which is the punishment for doing something like robbing a clan is not harsh enough. All you do is shackle the character responsible, when they don't care because they probably only made the character to rob us anyway. They can make another one and do exactly the same thing.
Let me pose this thought to you Irish, you let a friend into your house for a beer, when you go to the toilet they steal your money or items. So you don't want them back in again right? You are NOT allowing us this option.
All I want is some way of knowing who these scumbags are so I don't allow them back into my house again, is that really too much to ask?
This seems to be getting a bit out of control and something needs to be before it gets even more out of control.
only one cure for this is do it like they used to, only one character per person..
corky,

That would mess up the game.
corkyonly one cure for this is do it like they used to, only one character per person..

_Mindless_Prodigy_corky,

That would mess up the game.

It really would lol. Although if they gave the option to choose which character we could keep...cause if I lost Ironic for one of my baby low levels I'd be pissed

Storm Kat and kingmp both make good points.
Why not isolate the issue by only allowing that "thief" to have one account...? So everyone can identify who this "thief" is.... as a banner of being a criminal. "Pink" was kinda a cute way of putting it. Does make for some interesting BC's though.
Well then use the option to whisper me and ask me to check for previous violations which i have offered several times already before giving a player access to chest/resource storage.
IhitWell then use the option to whisper me and ask me to check for previous violations which i have offered several times already before giving a player access to chest/resource storage.

Every time we add a player? Yikes.

How about a lvl 2 or lvl 3 clan safe with more storage?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.