BCs, Garugg, and HoP

So I heard there was some discussion between Elitists and 9th regarding an agreement to not bc during HoP. We can all cite who did what and play an endless game of blame ping-pong, so I'll skip that.

Would Elitists and 9th like something like the following?

1) No bc 9th or Elitists during Garugg or HoP

2) Do not wraith to get around this agreement

3) If you start/join fight and see opponent is on Garugg or HoP, throw fight quickly and let them continue

4) If you are on HoP and join a mine fight, start a bc fight, or otherwise choose to enter a PvP situation, then you are not protected by this agreement through the end of that fight.

5) Starting HoP mid-fight does not suddenly make you protected by this agreement.

6) This is for all HoPs, everywhere (both island and mainland). No reason to leave the littles on mainland out of this agreement.

7) Alts are subject to the same restrictions as 9th and Elitists' clan members and are not to bc on Garugg/HoP.

Questions:

Would you like to have an exception list? 9th bc's me on HoP, but I get to bc *any* 9th on their HoP. Same for us vs Mindless and T.O.O.? Or do we keep it simple and nobody bc's anybody on Garugg/HoP?

What are the consequences for a violation? Just name and shame here or is there something else?

Personal view:

I'm not a fan of the agreement. There was life before HoP, so I'd rather piss off 9th and don't worry for my own HoP. So anybody who claims I'm "crying", "retreating", or "scared." can just refer to this "personal view" statement.

So... keep on point... this is not about what I want, but what do *you* want? Do share.
Comments
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
This all came up because I was told by not 1, not 2, but 3 Ninth that there was a deal in place. Elitists were not available to confirm said deal at the time, so I bought the garbage I was fed and did not retaliate for my own hops being hit. The lesson I have learned - don't believe what I am told until I see it in writing by both sides of the 'deal'.
Storm Kat,

There was actually a deal made between Zippy & RF, but RF probably didn't bother to tell his clan because he was planning on breaking it soon.

Typical RF
The lesson I have learned - don't believe what I am told until I see it in writing by both sides of the 'deal'.
And this post assures me that there is no deal, so I may react however I see fit.
_Mindless_Prodigy_Storm Kat,

There was actually a deal made between Zippy & RF, but RF probably didn't bother to tell his clan because he was planning on breaking it soon.

Typical RF

This is exactly why I started the post with "We can all cite who did what and play an endless game of blame ping-pong, so I'll skip that." This also highlights why any workable agreement needs to be in a public forum with public accountability.

RF did inform us of the deal. I adhered to the deal, yet a couple days ago (after the deal well in place) lodog decided to wraith, join rachni, and lock while I was on HoP. It was fun, mind you, because my dragon put him into the hideout on his first attempt. A lock-and-lose is my favorite. When he came back and bc'ed again, while I was still on HoP, it confirmed he had not made a mistake. I had about 7 other people with me in a big HF/Elitists (and hate monger) HoP party, if you doubt this is true.

Please resist the urge to find some explanation of how I did not abide by the terms so lodog was justified in his actions. That would only further reinforce the point I'm making by citing this example. You will have other similar examples from your own point of view, but they will follow the same pattern.

So in this example, without a public forum, I have nowhere to document lodog's actions, you may not have knowledge of lodog's actions, and there is no point reporting it to your leadership as there are no consequences. My only options are to do nothing or retaliate. Then, when I retaliate, you believe me to be the one who broke the terms of the agreement.

With a public forum, we can document the misdoings instead of retaliating. This gives accountability and social consequence to those who do wrong, and this can satisfy a target enough to not themselves retaliate. Two wrongs don't make a right, and documenting the first wrong for the world to see is an alternative to doing the second wrong.

Remember, I don't even want this agreement, but those who do want it are going about it in a futile and doomed way. I'm trying to present mechanisms that have the potential to actually work.
_Mindless_Prodigy_Trongster,

I'd like to ask what you refer to as being dirty like you all? If you're talking about BC'ing on hop/garuug...It wasn't a thing for awhile, until Clara decided to go out of his way (when there was a fight he could've helped in) to come find me and black curse me on my hop.
If it's dirty to retaliate and make you feel the same, then yes, we're dirty. I don't think that's what you're referring to, payback is just a bitch.

Now, my 2 cents in the "truce offering"

Let me start off by saying, what would make us want to agree with the truce? After all the truces offered and "in play"...all of them were false gestures to stalling us and then being a dick again. What would make us think that we should believe you? At any point in time you can decide to break it and refuse any consequences we agree on (if this truce goes into play)...What do we do then? Just continue to how it was?

Agreement talk...I honestly don't care, I can hop during the night when nobody is on or I can hop wraithed at a different island every time. You guys can search and hunt but I'll be nowhere to be found.....Anyways, as I said, I don't care which way it goes, I'm up for either one.

Do I think Elitists will keep their word if the truce goes into play? No. Feel free to prove me wrong if it does. ;)

~Mindless

i got my ninth red bc rampage on me while on hop the day before yours started
For those that have already been told that I threatened TOO on his hop, please feel free to read the chat on my profile page.
p.s. I DID join his side on a rachni fight, and fought fast. Cost to him - 4s. I'm sure he can continue playing without it.
dragoneternity.com/game/user.php?nick=HunterKat
Lanik Mueller,

Incorrect, sir. Clara hit me weeks ago, you got reds on you like 2 days ago.
He went out of his way to find me, when there was a fight going on. Just to black curse me...Did I mention it was 2 damn mins into my red bag?

Trongster,

I liked the response, props to that..Very well written.

Although, I like the blame game. There wouldn't be any truce to be offered if it wasn't for Clara...HoPs/Garuugs were always Elitists kind of way to screw with our heads, thought you could get away with it. Now a truce is being offered when we play just as dirty as we do. Our intention was never to mess with farming, but when we mirror what you do, it seems to piss you off..

I couldn't care less which way the truce goes. We have healers that needs heals and BC'ers that need bc rep :) You guys have whiners that continue to whine. Seeing as you love explaining steps, Trongster...I'll mirror :)
Here's the process Elitists go through when making truces...
1.) "Agree" to truce.
2.) Farm farm farm
3.) Hit islands & whine when we defend
4.) Rage and break truce
5.) Get hit and whine
6.) Re-offer truce.

Sick and tired of the same 'ol process.
_Mindless_Prodigy_,
Preach it!
_Mindless_Prodigy_Lanik Mueller,

Incorrect, sir. Clara hit me weeks ago, you got reds on you like 2 days ago.
He went out of his way to find me, when there was a fight going on. Just to black curse me...Did I mention it was 2 damn mins into my red bag?

Trongster,

I liked the response, props to that..Very well written.

Although, I like the blame game. There wouldn't be any truce to be offered if it wasn't for Clara...HoPs/Garuugs were always Elitists kind of way to screw with our heads, thought you could get away with it. Now a truce is being offered when we play just as dirty as we do. Our intention was never to mess with farming, but when we mirror what you do, it seems to piss you off..

I couldn't care less which way the truce goes. We have healers that needs heals and BC'ers that need bc rep :) You guys have whiners that continue to whine. Seeing as you love explaining steps, Trongster...I'll mirror :)
Here's the process Elitists go through when making truces...
1.) "Agree" to truce.
2.) Farm farm farm
3.) Hit islands & whine when we defend
4.) Rage and break truce
5.) Get hit and whine
6.) Re-offer truce.

Sick and tired of the same 'ol process.

I'm taking a walk down memory lane with this thread. Ahhhh, the good ol' times.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.