Authentication Error

Anyone else? Can't get back on with any of my toons on Nova.

ok - not as bad as could be, but I have an eye going and mana pots to use. I hope this is fixed quickly, every minute is costing me money and i'm trying to recover from the RoE losses.
"> fix quick!
">
Comments
Another corrupted database problem.

2 Purses of Quick Enrichment left, 1 to run during daily incident/boss after work and 1 for HoP. Both will expire before iHit finds out noone can log into game. 152 away from 37k Hero of the Empire rep and would have come very close tonight. Purses would have helped pay for gold it costs to turn in the 3500 in sets I have. But you really can't plan to play this game anymore or count on admins to even do what they say they will. Very much a shame because it is a fun (albeit highly addictive) game.

As the game gets harder and harder to play, I wonder more about all they players we've lost and their reasons. Arena was empty (in my bracket) on Saturday night at 10:30pm in central US and I couldn't help but think of all the options we have in the US to spend our time and money. So many reasons to do something else and very, very few to continue to support a game that obviously cares little for it's customers.

Not sure why I'm bothering writing this, it will be deleted, but I've achieved every goal I set in this game and far exceeded most. Not an easy game to play without buying REALS, but still questioning the time I've spent. New weapon and gear very soon, but the barren wasteland ahead in last bracket is not a promising view. Time is a funny thing, the less you have of it, the faster it goes.
not that I have been trying to log in every ten minutes for the past 8 hours or anything of course :P
oh ok
I feel a little dejected as I was not able to play my favorite event much this weekend, as I worked too many hours and thus did not get as many caskets as normal. Now, my purse will expire before they even notice there is a problem.....sad day.
games back up
Sparta Wolfgames back up

haven't tried to kill anything yet, but Yes, I too am back on.

Storm Kat,
How about adding time to the Rage quest.
WarGeckoAgeoliteWar Gecko,
the problem is that it keeps happening and happening and happening and we only get compensation one time. Plus if this is clan war bug, we will have the same crap again tomorrow until they actually notice it is war related and they may look into it and fix it. For few months. And then it will come back.
Also I guess everyone is very angry after several crashes once after each other after new year with NO compensation. No communication from everyone, which shows about how much they care. I would say they dont, which is why people are so angry.
Not to mention. I dont really care about new updates of the game. Keep things as they are and fix the constantly reoccuring bugs, like the one for clan wars. I am pretty sure everyone would be very happy with this, far happier than with new quests, new events etc.

I work as IT and I can tell you that production servers do generally have 24 hours support. If something happens here, you may have to wait till next working day for the admins to notice and sort it. If we did that at work, we would be in lot of problems because people whom we support, would send us to hell and stop paying us to support them. And I guess the admins here may find people do not want to pay anymore for this rather bad support.

I can't disagree with ANY of this! Well put!

I'm just saying that "insulting" the admins (i've seen some pretty course language) is a bit distasteful and really doesn't get anywhere with those who are admins.

Clearly the servers and infrastructure are online and it's possible that no notification or monitoring alerts have even been sent because, technically, the servers are up. This is a programming and/or database error and, in my experience (and as you are in IT as well, I'm sure you agree) it's rare to find a "programmer" that's on-call. At least, I'm not sure I've ever come across one.

Unfortunately, people will continue to spend significant amounts of money on the game as soon as it comes back online... and anyone whose ever been involved with the "business" of online gaming will tell you that the bulk of the money comes from the new players looking to catch up or get an edge and not from the long-time customers who've paid the bills all this time. I only hope the management of this game sees that the community is frustrated and gives us a real explanation for the downtime/errors and a plan to prevent the same issues from happening in the future.

Our monitoring system does not notice everythign either. Sometimes it is the users calling us to report it when we get that something is wrong. Then whoever is on call for that application, database etc gets the first "try", if they cannot fix it, they advise who can. But generally in our company everyone can be taken out of the bed even if not on call if the persons knowledge or skills are required to solve the problem. Especially if we are talking about business critical applications. Noone would want to go to explain to business how the company lost money because who ever could solve the problem happened not to be on call.
And I think with these bugs and downtimes even new players may be bit discouraged to spend money, especially if they see how people can be treated here.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.