Additions to multiple character rules

Even though anyone can have up to 10 characters now there are some actions that are Prohibited:
- Entering same fight with two or more of your characters including sailing on same ship in Archipelago.
- Loaning/Renting/Giving in credit items or money from one of your characters to another one
- Using secondary character to bypass silence placed on any of your other characters
- Using secondary character in Archipelago to acquire traumas from monsters to later heal them with your main account. This includes any sheningans with your friends using alts - so don't even think about it anymore.
- Transferring Sydian to your alt even if it is for market value in Archipelago to sail it to mainland and then selling it back to your main will be considered abuse and punished as you would be using your alt for storage.

However it is Allowed your characters to:
- Enter the same clan
- Transfer items and money not violating the trade rules. Balance of trades or items sold through Auction should not exceed the +-30% of items worth. You also cannot lower price more than 30% from what it is going for in Auction House.

Last updated on June 6th 2016

Comments
so i cant do caves with 2 characters together?
Rerollers,
no u cant do caves with 2 characters together no matter if u log them on in different computer or ip address since there still ur characters
Essentially, 2 characters on the same account cannot be apart of any specific fight together, right? The specific, exact fight?

Just wondering what's hard to get about the rule that made so many posts
Mobius_1,

No pvp together.
10 toons, 2 shackled...
I have 7 toons in nova server, but 2 are shackled. I have 1 toon in terra server, but it can be shackled. I have 2 toons in aer server, but SisterMom can be shackled. Can I make 3 more toons in aer server afterwards?
ty
VaalorWHunterMom,

You can have only total 10 characters on same e-mail and it doesn't matter whether they are shackled or not.
Effected Coyote

IhitAwesome Irish Guy,

If that is not the same battle yes you can, lets say you're doing Solo instance with your level 50, and got a group with your other character to do caves - that is perfectly fine. Or different AoH groups for that matter is no issue.

But are you allowed group with your other character to split rewards you get between them?????

Maybe i missed this but i didn't see a response ,
is it allowed to group up with alts without joining each others fights?
Outthere,

You are free to group together , but splitting rewards - no.
Ok lets say that the trade rules still have some issues:
You said "In general, if you do not intentionally lower or increase price of items that you would sell to anyone else you'll be perfectly fine" in your answer to Craven. I'll consider that anyone else means anyone not only alts. Now excuse me but every price you put in AH is intentionally, right? which means that you are allowing people to place offers of double the value. Like for example an Experienced Pro Collection item that values 2.5g is asked up to 5g. How does this goes into your +/- 30% not intentionally. Which also means that no rule but AH will dictate on the trade price between anyone regardless if is it an alt or anyone else as you said. As you also said "You also cannot lower price more than 30% from what it is going for in Auction House". If the price of the item is set officially to 2.5g I should be allowed to trade my alt for +/-30% of that price. But since the prices in AH are from 2 to 5g the average is 3.5g which means that based on your rule I'm forced to trade at +/-30% from 3.5g instead of 2.5g.
Grohy,

Regarding items that fluctuate a lot (relics , collection pieces and other consumables) are not looked at so strictly so therefor be it 2.5 gold or 5 gold you buy or sell through your alt neither would get you in trouble.
Ihit,

Thanks that makes it more clear as those things do fluctuate a lot. Sorry about removed comment above miss-clicked on cut instead edit
"You also cannot lower price more than 30% from what it is going for in Auction House".

I have 4 items that have not been up in AH for at least 2 weeks. And yes, I checked every morning and evening.
Please explain to me how I can get the average price?

Or can I assume the average is 0 since nobody is selling it?
If there are no such items in auction house, you should consider using price that you could sell that item or items to other players. If you're considerate with price when transferring there shall be no issues for you or person receiving them.
IhitDBM_Bones,

It means any battle including elite fights and fights for mines.

what about dot when they get to your bracket??
ktulu10,

Not allowed, and maximum available punishment will be used if both characters are played from same computer.
IhitOutthere,

Is this still the case? I've had my alts grouped since alt accounts were first allowed and thought I was following the rules. I had a conversation with Zhie and she told me that it was not ok for my farmer/fisher/hunter/miner alt to be grouped together. Mine don't share loot or anything...I pretty much just group them so that their loot doesn't overfill their backpacks for the sake of convenience.

Thanks!

Lance CorpusIhitOutthere,

Is this still the case? I've had my alts grouped since alt accounts were first allowed and thought I was following the rules. I had a conversation with Zhie and she told me that it was not ok for my farmer/fisher/hunter/miner alt to be grouped together. Mine don't share loot or anything...I pretty much just group them so that their loot doesn't overfill their backpacks for the sake of convenience.

Thanks!

thats genius O_O .....never thought aboutsaving bag space that way
Roanoa_Zoro,

Until the invasion of Shaab hit's and you're accidentally turned into a Defiler losing all your spoils. While it's not a huge issue, you can always make a solo group with each of your farmer/miner alt's getting group packs and grouping them all together would server no purpose at all which is main point why you should not do it.
IhitRoanoa_Zoro,

Until the invasion of Shaab hit's and you're accidentally turned into a Defiler losing all your spoils. While it's not a huge issue, you can always make a solo group with each of your farmer/miner alt's getting group packs and grouping them all together would server no purpose at all which is main point why you should not do it.

If there is only 1 person in a group, items won in combat do not go into the group backpack (they just go straight to the character). Otherwise, I would have made 1 person groups just like Ihit suggested with my alts.

You definitely do have to be careful about the Shaab invasion and getting kicked out of groups. If you're worried about your alts being turned, just make sure that your alts don't fight defilers or any of the Shaab invaders...I think that gives them a very low (or maybe zero) chance of being turned into defilers.
You are free to group together , but splitting rewards - no. ????? i dont get that? so none of your alts allowed the stuff they accumulated through group?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.