Clan-item sydian from gysers

I'd like to propose that sydian obtained from gysers be "clan-item" while in islands. Sydian obtained from mobs would still not be clan-item. Thus, while in islands, this sydian would only be transferrable among clan members. Once the sydian is hauled to harbor, though, it would become non clan-item. When a person leaves the clan, their clan-item sydian in hideouts would be put into the respective hideouts of the clan leader (as opposed to clan chest which was a previous bug). Any clan-item sydian on their person would be moved to the clan leaders nearest hideout as well.

Previously, sydian gained and lost its clan-item status in a confusing way. The first sydian in your possession, in any storage location, would set whether your sydian was clan-item or not. Then any sydian obtained by you would take on that state.

I propose there be two different items called "sydian", similar to how there are two types of blue food: regular transferrable food and the non-transfer variant obtained from fist fights.

The first type of "sydian" would only exist in the islands, is what is obtained from gysers, and is "clan item".

The other type is obtained from maze, from wars, from mainland mining, and from island mobs. It is not "clan-item", and is used for gear upgrades.

When leaving the roaming archipelago instance, any "clan-item" variant in your possession would be converted to the non clan item version.
Comments
Lady Davine,
Missing the point though:
The reason people needed to sign a news post: "ATTENTION! By default, Sydian is considered to be property of the player who mined it. If your Clan wishes to make the Sydian Clan property, then we recommend that you create a special topic in your Clan Forum (Clan/News on game portal) entitled "Rules of Sydian Extraction and Distribution" and describe your desired rules. All Clan members must then agree with the rules in the comments to the topic (we also advise the Clan Leader to take a screencap of the topic and the comments). Only then will our Guardians be able to review any conflicts of interests that revolve around Sydian."

This was obviously discussed in the past, and admin has agreed to Allow clan sydian. But currently, no clan that has tried has Ever been able to get the sydian back (as far as I know). Trongster is simply making a recommendation that would help enforce an existing rule without making it up to clan leader to petition everytime someone leaves a clan or goes inactive. I took the recommendation even 1 step further, in the favour of the clan mates, by requesting just 2 types of sydian, clan's from geysers, or not-clan's from mainland/hop sources. Even clan sydian would remain in your possession, your responsibility to haul, before you left clan or game. So I'm not sure what you believe the players would be losing out. These changes would only encourage people to haul before leaving a clan.

Please also note - this would not FORCE any clan to follow any rule. As stated by Trongster in a previous comment....
And if you want to go a step further, there could be a clan configurable option checkbox for "Clan-Item Sydian From Gysers". Let the clan decide their policy.

As to the ship fees/taxes, you might not be aware of how expensive the good ships are to repair; but even if 50 players paying taxes a month, it's hard to keep up. And we are constantly working towards the next clan rank, so must try to be prepared for the next round of ship upgrades.
Storm Kat,
Storm, what does Elitist feel the need to claim sydian mined by a member as theirs? Seems to me, it is a clan resource, then anyone can use it (no one my put in in their tavern or in the safe). Should we as players that mine and haul sydian get to pick if we agree that it is a clan item or not? What if a player that joins elitist refuses to "sign" your post? HOP on islands results in sydian, is that clan's?

This idea that we force players to agree to things is just silly. It is a game. As some said, players may want a break, and then come back. Does that mean that the clan then gives them their sydian back?

Heck, we asked for a vending machine type option for the clan chest, and resource chest so people can add and remove without the risk of thief, but that has not happened either.

Again, I disagree with the idea that a clan can own something I pay to fight for. Unless they are going to start paying my cost for the fights. I give all my sydian I mine and get from war to the clan. It is my choice. I agreed to it, and will continue to do so. No one has to force me to do anything. It is called free will. I enjoy it.

Amherst,
It's not just Elitists and I do wish other clans would post. I understand this is not an issue for you, even though Ninth had a shared sydian agreement at one point too. So, again: this would not FORCE any clan to follow any rule. It's a SUGGESTION for those clans that DO have a island sydian agreement.

We 100% agree that clan chest items/security would be a nice change. Many suggestions that would work with that have been made and no changes. This is only regarding a suggestion that would simplify the 'work' for clans that do wish to make geyser sydian into clan sydian.
Though I skimmed over a lot of this. I would just suggest making the chest on islands "clan chest" So all Sydian collected goes into the same chest and so if people leave or go it stays in the clan.
Reaghnf,
That could work too, as long as there were settings that only people with permissions can take out of those chests.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.