Throwing Fights

For those of you that don't know me, generally I'm a friendly person and I don't like to kick up a stink without reason. Now the reason I'm posting this is because someone has to do it, ugly as it may be....

There is a player that many of us know, currently in the 36-43 fighting bracket, that will always, ALWAYS hit once or twice, then he'll just stand there and die. He won't fight, at all, and it screws his entire team over, in Bridges and AoH both. He'll only do it when he looks at the strength of the players against his team and he believes he can't win. This player is well able to dish out a lot of damage; I've seen him do it in the Tournament of Honor and in the Duel of Truth many times before.

Now, from what I know of the game rules, this can be considered cheating, since in 95% of the cases, he's guaranteeing the opposite team a win. I could be wrong there, but that is up to admin to judge.

He's a marked player that I have known of from not just talking to other players but from my own experience with him. He costs other players valor and armor damage when he does this. He sometimes likes to say that he disconnects or that he didn't click his potions fast enough...but we all know it's a lie. He'd rather take the armor damage than waste the pots...he's told a couple players that point blank, players that I trust implicitly.

Now my question to the admin is, is there something that can be done about this player? I am sure there are other players willing to back me on what I have said here...and I know I didn't say his name, but in this case, I don't believe it needs to be said. Enough of us know who he is.

I am tired of having to fight alongside a coward, and a selfish one at that. And I don't believe that I am the only one.
Comments
About time someone has done this , people that deliberately throw fights should lose valor. I have screenshots of this person and i ask all of you to do so as well. I back Ardi 100% .
ardi for president!
I must agree. I know who ardi is referring to and he did same thing when I fought with and vs him in last bracket.
i'm 100% with Ardi... someone shold do something
If we all have to play by the rules then at least this player should also it is not fair to the other on his team or the opposing side either there is a lot of expensive gear now that is damaged because of this. I should say that the admin should really do something with this player and make this game what it should be.
most people don't like it when people give up in a fight, however....giving up in a fight is not against the rules as far as I am aware of, as long as the outcome of the fight is not predetermined. I have been on both sides of the battle with the person in question and have talked to them on several occassions about this. Where most of us feel that even dead valor is better than no valor, they do not. I feel as most people do about 2 things here.......First I do feel that any valor is good valor and Second, like most everybody here, I will do whatever is necessary whenever necessary to protect my clan and it's members.

Cheers. Anyone who acts in such a pathetic and disgraceful manner deserves to amount of bc spheres they are going to be on the receiving end of.
i agree with you 100%.
JimmyJamm,

When someone throws a fight or gives in it predetemines the fate of the persons team members, making it harder for them as they are one person shy. It's like i'll fight this fight as i'm guaranteed a win and valor it doesn't work that way, no valor is easy and has to be fought to be won, not just handed to you as you choose your fights and screw the people on your teams grats for telling everyone was someone in your clan
Shackle this guy lol. I don't want him on my team. I rather take a brave no belt warrior over this wimp to be on my team.
-- Minerva --,

First you seem to be working under the assumption that i agree with what is being done, i do not. In fact i find it pretty sad when someone gives up on a fight. I never said if the person was in my clan or not, but we all know who is being talked about here, well people in that particular bracket anyway. However the rules do not state, anywhere that i can find anyway, where it says that you cannot quit fighting in a battlegrounds fight or a BC battle. The result is the same when someone quits fighting in a BC battle, loser takes damage and saves pots.......winner gets less valor. Maybe everybody would like the devs to completely outline how the game should be played as they see it in the rules so that there are no personal choices left. Once again, I DO NOT AGREE WITH PEOPLE THAT STOP FIGHTING, but it is their choice to make and nobody else's. If anyone feels the need to BC someone that stops fighting, that also is their choice.

BTW, this is nothing new guys, has been happening by several people since the game started and we've all see it from reds, blues, and in every clan that has been around for awhile.
Well in this bracket i have came acrossed several people that will throw a fight just because they think they cant win. Win or lose i feel if you enter a fight you should do your best no matter what the results are. Also by losing i think it helps you improve your game play. With that being said i know everyone here has at least lost one fight. I know i have lost many fights. But i keep trying no matter if i feel i'm going to lose or not. Because all it take is one mistake to change the out come of a fight.
Another thing I guess I forgot to say...if you don't like losing fights, money, etc...stay out of the arena.

I have been called rich, a casher, every name there is for a player that uses money to gain an edge in game. Fine, guilty. But it helps me enjoy my gameplay. And I lose money too, every time I lose one of these fights. But I still try.

If you don't want to potentially 'lose' a fight, then stick with DoT and ToH. You'll always get valor there. Leave the petty AoH and Bridges fights to those of us that actually want to give it a go and let luck have a chance to turn the tide of an impossible fight.

I also feel it necessary to state that I made a minor misjudgment in the player in question...he's not a coward. I understand his playing a little better now but still don't agree with it. He's skilled enough and powerful enough of a player to turn the tide in some of these fights, and I was proud when he fought against one of the toughest Witchers in our bracket and a replicant as well...instead of all of the players on my side surviving, two died, a dragon died, and I was one hit away from being killed myself. A huge difference, and it was a great fight to watch. And he was also the last one standing on his side. Impressive showing, so kudos to him for it.

Arcane, well said. And Jimmy, you are right about this not being anything new. But in the same light as it being someone's choice to give up in a fight, it was also my choice to state my opinion. And sorry mate, but you can't stop me from doing so either. :)
Almost seems redundant to me... if the player loses by fighting or refuses to fight he also loses (most of the time),so where does he/she benefit? I too am annoyed by this style of game-play, but just as there are players who complain about others using items readily available for use in the game, I doubt we will see an end soon, sadly.

I don't see an easy answer though. I do know I have gained good friends when I stood MY ground in the face of defeat.

ZER0
ZER0SIGNAL,
You don't only gain friends. You gain respect. Because it show your character in rl on here by standing your ground. But there is also people who hide behide there money as well.
ArcanePaladin,
what is that supposed to mean?
Just heard about Guardian's doing this exact same thing in Arenas and such, if BC'ing people that quit fighting is proposed......how are we to deal with them when they throw a fight since according to the rules BC'ing a guardian is forbidden. We have all heard that BC'ing an off duty Guardian is ok, but according to Irish BC'ing a Guardian at any time, on duty or off, can result in shackles. Just throwing out a question here guys.
JimmyJamm,

Really? Would you be so kind as to psot a screenshot of when Irish said that. We would be really interested in proof.
If you see someone constantly throwing fights please whisper me with player name who's doing so.
Irish,

Have seen you say it many times in the past and unfortunately i have better things to do that take friggin screenshots of everything everyone ever says, however, since i have not spent a lifetime taking screenshots of conversations here is the notation from Punishments section of rules:

It is forbidden for players to ASSAULT the Guardians using Bonecrusher spheres.

with Punishment being: "Shackles of Debtor" Fine - 10 reals
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.