New here

Hello,i am a old returning player and was wondering if it worth my time to come back to the game and play it. I've read that it seems the game is dying and or might be shut down within the next few months. I ask this because DE is a game unlike any other in the current market. Ive met some people in game that are still playing but the issue is im a low level. Should i rush levels to be able to do more stuff or slowly level up for valor? Valor is hard to get because 95% of the arena are vs fully buffed bots and at my level its very hard to be fully buffed and still be able to make silver with professions. So please write back on what you think i should do.
Comments
Hi, I would just continue to play you never know what DE have up there sleeves to save the game. Work on valor, stuff still sells in AH may take longer.
Manacaymx,

I would simply suggest that you grow without investing a large amount of money. Wait and see what happens to DE after flash is no longer supported. I have long felt this game costs too much real money to play, but now that there are even fewer players, it is just not the same as it was a few years ago.

Do I enjoy the game, for sure, does it need a ton of work, yes. Will that work be done, likely no. The admins of the game have left, and they just enjoy the cash being put into the game. I have always enjoyed growing my toon slowly and building reps as I go. Some enjoy buying it with cash and being strong right away. As much as people complained about the "cashers" you have to remember, this is a game, the owners of the game would love to make as much as they can.

Each person kinda has to decide (some have expressed their feelings in forum) for themselves. It would be nice to have a larger population of players back in the game (but that would take advertising and work that is just not being done currently. There was a shift a while ago that made the game much easier, but as a result, people got bored and left.
I would play it as you like. Flash won't be supported by most browsers by the end of this year, so if you're comfortable playing on a phone or tablet, it's still fun. (They never explicitly stated they would take the app away, though it may happen. It's up in the air)

I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not playing is worth it, if you like playing, I think the experience is more than worth it especially if you enjoy it / relaxes you. The only tip I have is - be wary about spending too much. I am not sure if you were around for when buying the 90 real chest gave you a nice money booster in AoH , even losing you got a good deal of gold. But, they have taken that feature away, so you don't get good gold like you used to.

Gold will be harder to come by, but I don't think it takes away from the fun of playing, building, then competing on occasions when war occur. If you have trouble building gold, alternates do help with that because having your own farmer or fisher, you can get resources for a bit cheaper cost. (Use them according to rules of course, the guardians are very good about looking at your trades and auction house transactions.) Overall, it's a well rounded game, you farm a little, fight more often, and more importantly enjoy yourself. Also, never fall behind on valor, it's a bitch to catch up on.

Enjoy yourself, cheers! :)
Leane,
I will keep that in mind! My main issue at the moment is gear, to be honest, there aren't enough people around my level that are geared to run caves, so much of my stuff is quest gear and or what is available from the clan. My jewelry sucks so much and it seems so hard to get anything good for those slots without throwing out alot of gold/ reals. I have looked at using alts for stuff only issue is keeping silver on them to keep it going. I might have a way to make it work but i have yet to put it into practice.
Manacaymx,

I wouldn’t worry too much about jewelry for now. I recommend just building the valor and use clan gear as it comes available (normally clans have a couple sets of green gear that should suffice unless you’re okay with spending money on the blue gear in the shop). If your clan does not have a set, just PM me in the game and I can arrange something with your leader. Around level 30 or so, you can begin doing elites (the big guys with the red circle around them) with help of an upper level person glyphing you, nice blue jewelry drops from doing those frequently as well as food.

Also, it’s cheaper. Just need a willing and ready clan mate. Or, the other option is having an alternate toon glyphing you. (But, this doesn’t always work well cause most alternates are quite a bit weaker than the main character, so they can’t help you as much as a big person from your clan.) And, for clarification, it is not illegal to glyph yourself in a fight that is only Player versus Mob. It is illegal however to glyph yourself in a fight where you fight another player. Confirmed with previous admin prior to their inactivity.
Leane,
How does one glyph? Yeah right now im trying to hold off on levels to farm valor but lvl 15's players and lvl 13-15 bots just kick my butt in any arena,i feel like im wasting alot of silver on pots and orbs. My clan has some gear but i got to be lvl 15 for them.
Leane, Very strange. On the Russian server they always planted for the fact that in battle there are two or more characters of the same owner. Even if this is a battle with a monster.
Manacaymx,
Play without troubles. Decide on the realities that are currently in the game. Then decide whether you will continue or not. If you start a new character, you already understand how and what to do in this reality.

If you decide to start a new character, here's a tip: buy a set at small levels внешняя ссылка
He will be with you always-http://drako.ru/forum/forum_library/40972.html

There are still a number of profitable stocks worth buying: http://drako.ru/forum/forum_library/67309.html

They will help to pump magic in the initial stages, give good things and so on. And the blue coins that you deposit you use to pay for instances, on quests for green things.

Thus, at the beginning of the game, when you don’t have any means of development and clothes, you will be dressed with good jewelry, character magic and a therapist. Otherwise, it will be very expensive in gold that you don’t have.

There are a bunch of options for how to earn gold and blue coins. But here my advice will be to the detriment of me)) Because I will not say anything.
Manacaymx,

To glyph, once you join a fight someone else has started, you would select their character and apply a glyph of life. (The glyph of life has to already be in your belt. Always drink an endurance pot first before applying the glyph of life to your partner in battle. It heals way more if you use the endurance pot.)

In arena, use your bonecrusher spheres if you have another player in. They changed it to where you still get reputation even if you don’t get the kill. (And no curse if you use sphere in arena) You get BC rep just for using a sphere. While building up, be sure to do your protectors quest when you’re not in arena as well because the mount (animal you ride into battle when you level) you get from 1k or 3k protector rep will help you a lot in arena as you progress to 20s. Arena, without winning is still worth it because you get gladiator reputation. The gladiator reputation allows you to buy nicer equipment to put on your mount and thereby increase the health of your mount.
-PeskY-,

I don’t know what they tell you on the Russian server because I do not play there. I go by what Dreidan told me applicable to this server.
Leane,
Ah i see! ok that makes sense.

I havent been using bonecrusher because i do not have the gold to do that stuff,50s each time is way to much for me. Pro/Glad/7B reps have been the 3 ive been working on mainly. Pro is a bit low but thats because im been avoiding exp to farm valor.
Also for gear my main issue is jewelry because as i level up ill get green gear to usee through quests. My main issue is gonna be the dust i need to upgrade my gear to blue. So i have to figure out that math.
-PeskY-,

I have done a few of the offers, and plan to do the lvl 22 one, also the jewelry is 10 reals here not 5,is that because the 5 is on the Russian server or?
Manacaymx, Pay attention to the level of jewelry for 10 reais and what I showed. 5 this is a small level, when you grow to a set of an older level, they give you something for 10 or something that you can’t buy for 5t anymore.внешняя ссылка The current level matters.

I advise you to play this character until you understand how to mine dust and gold. And do not spend real money on this character. When you learn, then you will play for a new character and make money in the game get the benefit.
-PeskY-,

Sadly i don't think ill make another toon unless its a alt, I don't have alot of irl money and have put some in already so ill just lick my wounds and press forward.
I'll give you a couple more tips (for new, low level characters)
внешняя ссылка At level 4, there is a line of quests with a reputation as a gladiator. Quests can not be closed during execution. Collect them and pick them up with Ultimate Gladiator Star Get not 1 000 but 2 000 reputation.
Manacaymx,

Alternate character to gain all the xp and do HoP is another option for a way to get green dust. Regular HoP on mobs drops green gear that normally when dusted should yield 1k+ in dust. If that is an option you are interested in, it does require extra work, but it's the only other way I can think of short of you spending money. Alternates, if used appropriately, are a good tool to supplement your main character.
Leane,

Could you explain how to do this? Don't you end up still having to spend gold to trade equally with your main?
Manacaymx,

You can choose any profession and use the product that you receive - aka if you're a fisherman, you get skild.

Skild, sells for 30 silver per 100 on the market, but to farm it only costs like 10 silver per 100 - the pricing discrepancy allows for you trade for some green dust from an alternate character without it being too big of a cost for you. Will require some math. Keep in mind though, the alternate will have to slowly accumulate some green gear of its own in order to be strong enough to kill mobs. Hope the tips help.

Edit:
One other option is to obtain a Medallion of Permanence from fighting in AoH - that can take away your XP but still give you valor if you fight , or takes away XP from fighting mobs during a HoP. (If you’re worried about too much XP)
Removed by user
LeaneManacaymx,

I wouldn’t worry too much about jewelry for now. I recommend just building the valor and use clan gear as it comes available (normally clans have a couple sets of green gear that should suffice unless you’re okay with spending money on the blue gear in the shop). If your clan does not have a set, just PM me in the game and I can arrange something with your leader. Around level 30 or so, you can begin doing elites (the big guys with the red circle around them) with help of an upper level person glyphing you, nice blue jewelry drops from doing those frequently as well as food.

Also, it’s cheaper. Just need a willing and ready clan mate. Or, the other option is having an alternate toon glyphing you. (But, this doesn’t always work well cause most alternates are quite a bit weaker than the main character, so they can’t help you as much as a big person from your clan.) And, for clarification, it is not illegal to glyph yourself in a fight that is only Player versus Mob. It is illegal however to glyph yourself in a fight where you fight another player. Confirmed with previous admin prior to their inactivity.

you want to say that you can enter a battle against a mob from one device with several characters?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.