Auction House and Trade Rules Clarification

There were some recent developments -

Here is the clarification from Dreidan I received, a screenshot is posted as well.

He had previously posted that it was okay to trade collection pieces for the 1:1 conversion rate - for example : Sorcerer's Bracelets bought for 8 reals could be traded for 8 gold. Based on recent developments, he has implemented the new rule as follows -

You may no longer trade items for what you can buy them for with reals.

You are to use auction house prices minus the 30% or + the 30% as stated in the rules.

If the item you would like is not available for purchase , use the reals X 2 for your pricing basepoint. AKA - if something costs 1 real , you must buy from yourself or another for 2 gold minimum.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me up until Friday. I will not be available on the weekend due to medical issues and will return Monday.
Comments
Thanks!
I have to highly disagree with this. I currently am stuck with a reals ratio below 2:1 in clan exchanger. If 1:1 is legal in clan exchanger, it should also be legal with trades. Please reconsider this decision.

And as previously pointed out on other rules posts: if things are not posted in official rules page, http://dragoneternity.com/about/law_world/ , it should not count. Not everyone can or does read forum.
Katnip Kingpin,

Sorry this is how it has to be. Due to the nature of what I had to handle, he was forced to give me an on the spot response. This is the quickest way so nobody can then accuse me of unfairly shackling them. I will have him change the rules to reflect as such, as you are correct, not everyone reads forums.

The reason for this is because there is a huge discrepancy in the pricing of reals versus the cost in auction house. I have noticed when selling to yourself or others who are friends, people will take advantage of the fact that they could sell for the reals to gold price. For example, selling a 0.50 real piece for exactly 50 silver. However, in auction house when selling in general to everyone else, auction house average price is used. This piece is all of sudden worth 2 gold instead of the 50 silver it was traded for to yourself or friends.

This decision was reached in order to prevent people trying to circumvent rules for their own gain.
Leane, but fair enough. And as always, I will continue to behave :)
p.s. any word on mixed SB? Needing to get 5k damage for weeks now and not even close to 5 vaalors in queue when i can play on event days is making me very very sad. Please remind Dreidan to mix the queue, or at least add a buy for reals price on the quest "Enemy Fleet" just like neph got?
Leane,

This is not how it "has to be", it is how the admin (a person that clearly has not tried to play the game to determine what should be allowed and what should not be), decided it. And how many people got jailed today because someone decided the rules changed, but did not inform the players of the game prior to the "rule change should be enforced"? I did not even get "Sorry we screwed up and jailed you improperly for a few hours today."

There has ALWAYS been a huge discrepancy in what auction price vs game price and reals vs gold. That is nothing new. Want some real shock? Check out how little the game will give you for selling something to the game. What if we use that amount as the base cost to sell something? Some actually buy up cheap supplies to turn around and triple or more the cost. It is about supply and demand. But should that dictate what cost you can offer a supply to a friend in the game? Seems the admin does. What is the game's plan to prevent those from buying up supplies to then just increase the cost to others?

Personally I find it troubling that these types of decisions are being made that impact the game, yet we get no voice or warning before a guardian can decide to enforce it and put people in jail. Then, we have to take our time, and explain how we are innocent and how the rules have been set prior to this admin making a knee jerk reaction without any regard to how we have been going along for years. Even more disturbing, none of the guardians spoke up to represent us, the players, and how this change may impact the game as we play it.

The purpose of a clan is to help each other (or it should be anyway). So if we cannot help our friends or clannies (by selling for a fair price for an item vs some crackhead decided price), then admin better find a way to prevent people from setting prices that far exceed a normal price for an item (Actinolite 1000 for 7 gold when it take less than 1 gold to mine it for example). It seems to me, a lot more thought needs to be put into what you all are trying to prevent.

I promised to stop posting, but you all picked to jail me for something that 1) was a written rule 2) had been the standard in the game. So, I will post one time, and one time only. Before you change a rule, post it, send notices in the game, and make sure people understand. Then maybe, just maybe, a warning before you throw their ass in jail for a few hours and force us to fight for our freedom. And, if you jail someone, and it was cuz you screwed up, maybe a simple sorry would be nice.

I have been a strong advocate for preventing cheating. People should not be allowed to gain for nothing. Yet, Garuug still gives alts their pieces without any gain in exp, so maybe you look there first. There is a long list of ways people cheat here. Maybe admin should start a level 1 player, and play the game. Play to win, and let's see how hard it is. While the game should be hard, it should not reward cheaters.
If any guardian was aware that 1:1 ratio applied- I welcome you to find them and tell them to post here. None of us were told so I went by what is written in the rules page for all guardians used as a basis for shackles for months.

And now it’s established.

And if anyone has issues with his protocol is established feel free to re-read the rules the have been posted here for the past 6 years.

The administration reserves the final right to decide what is considered a violation of these Rules of Conduct. The administration reserves the right to change any of the above rules and regulations at any time.

If you understand the terms of our User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct, and accept them, please confirm your acceptance of this License Agreement, accepting the proposed conditions.
Storm Kat,

I will poke him on this one again to see if we can get it going. :)
Leane,

your own boss said so
http://dragoneternity.com/gallery/?imageId=2530

as well as agreed to by ihit and while in aer. the point is, if admin wishes to change, maybe communicate that change before enforcement happens.
" It is about supply and demand. But should that dictate what cost you can offer a supply to a friend in the game? Seems the admin does. What is the game's plan to prevent those from buying up supplies to then just increase the cost to others? "

It is not about supply and demand. It is about +/- 30% based on AH price (if there is one). You cannot buy from a clan mate for 10s then relist for 30s in AH. But you can buy for 10s, then relist for between 7s -13s in AH. If the AH price is outrageous, take a moment to talk to a council member for advice before doing a trade. They are very reasonable people if you ask before doing anything stupid.

There has been complaints about resellers for as long as I can remember (those that buy, then resell for over 30% right away), and I for one, am glad to see council finally putting an end to that type of behaviour. And have had much success having council speak to sellers who are way off target and possibly just need advice on what price to aim for.

Leane, tyvm. Hope your weekend is pleasant even with the issues!
Amherst,

Yes he did. Then he changed his mind to use auction house instead so I did exactly what he said and posted it. And if people choose to ignore what he has decided, I will not hesitate to shackle until he tells me he has decided 1:1 ratio is a good idea.
Storm Kat,

Exactly correct. It is not about supply and demand. Merely setting a price point so it is fair pricing. If someone outrageously increases price of something, as you said, can ask any of the guardians for a price check.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.