Clan Wars

Hey all.

As most of you will know, I don't often post in the forums, but I have had a couple of beers (or several) and I feel like venting yet praising at the same time.

Lets get the vent out of the way, so far since they re-introduced wars, I haven't really seen any of the smaller clans participate.
Why after all of the moaning are you not joining in? There is no penalty for losing any more, so really it is a win win situation. There are good rewards, and they are fun. So come on and join in, even if you aren't a big clan (we only had about 6 members participate today but it was still fun).

We will keep on fighting as long as we can even though we get smashed every single week, because it is something different from the regular weekly slog, and most people are happy with the rewards even though we have lost every single war.

Ok, now the praising side of the post.

We have had wars with IE, SW, AS (I wasn't part of this one) 9th and Elitists so far. And surprisingly they have all been well fought, fair, good humoured battles.
It is no secret I have had many issues with 9th, yet the war was fought with honour, fairness ( except we got our ass kicked) and actually good humour on both sides and any injuries from curses were dealt with by lance very quickly ">.
Against Elitists again it is no secret RF and I have not always seen eye to eye, yet he asked his higher level clannies not to join and there were no nasty curses involved in the war and although again we got our asses kicked it was fun and unlike the old times because of their attitude, we fought to the very end.

I guess my point is these big bad ass clans are not being assholes about the wars, so why not come and have a go, you may well lose every war, but you will gain valuable war experience, you may gain some valuable heroism/valor/sydian along the way and who knows, you might even bring in some other smaller clans too and win some wars.

Rant over, but please consider joining in ">">
Comments
kingmp,
"> Bring on the wars! (well, not this Saturday, we took the week off for Shaab "> But, AS will be back on Tuesday!)
Great post. Even if we get a smaller clan, then i tend to sit out as well. We all want a chance to grow. And war is by far a better chance for the smaller players than in sea battle ( and yes i was in a sea battle last night and did poorly in damage against Pandor). In the wars i fought i always healed any curse i may hand out. I would hope others would do the same to keep the desire to fight high. If one clan out numbers another it would be nice to allow all to see some action and not just the top of the clan.

I can take a beating with the best of them. I do like a chance at winning a fight now and again.

">(wood) seriously....wood??
Well after missing out on clan wars on a regular basis because there are no opponents I have to say that this new war format is not working. After initially having a lot of clans entering now there seems to be only 5 which means one has to sit out. Not sure what the reasons could be ?
a - inactivity
b - expense
c - day and time
Nooberix,
You missed out? I have never seen the "not enough clans" message.
Reason that I hear the most - fear of being banned. At the moment, there is at least 1 clan (somewhat active) and 1 clan (completely shut down now) that is banned. That ban lasted a month. Perhaps a 1st time, 1 week, ban would be a better warning?

If you missed out today, I'm going to hope it's just an odd number of entries as it's heroism day and war should be very popular

Expense should not be a problem, the rewards are worth every gold spent.
Inactivity is a problem for all parts of the game, but there is a whole other post on that already.
Time and Day, not sure this is having any good or bad effect on it, the timing is fine for my clan.
Yes if there aren't enough clans for everyone to fight, say tyat only 5clans signed up, then one clan doesn't get to fight.
@Storm Kat not the first time we have missed out we miss out nearly every week at least once. But on heroism day missing out is more of a bummer
Nooberix,
New alliance will let you fight more. Might be something for DE to look into, making sure at least 1 half of alliances gets in first. And to make sure it's not the same clan out more than once a month.
I have forgotten to click the application for war button last couple of times lol, we will be back this week though.
The Fallen reporting for an ass whoopin
kingmp,
need to put in a suggestion for a reminder popup? lol Hope to see you Tuesday!
We got dropped again, apparently there are no worthy opponents
4 clans sign up *sigh* I had a blast with Elitists, as always, but feel bad, only had a few fighters show. We need more willing to sign up. The rewards are excellent and worth it.
Storm Kat4 clans sign up *sigh* I had a blast with Elitists, as always, but feel bad, only had a few fighters show. We need more willing to sign up. The rewards are excellent and worth it.

5 Clans signed up
Clara Korn,
oops, you are correct. Still, would love to see more everytime.

Not sure the hesitation as there are now links with 7th legion & Blue Haven, who did not get banned, even with minimal numbers on. Maybe a little more information about what gets a clan banned would help encourage more to join. The Unknown is Scary
Storm KatClara Korn,
oops, you are correct. Still, would love to see more everytime.

Not sure the hesitation as there are now links with 7th legion & Blue Haven, who did not get banned, even with minimal numbers on. Maybe a little more information about what gets a clan banned would help encourage more to join. The Unknown is Scary

getting banned for a month still ends up the same as just not doing wars for a month ;D
Clara Korn getting banned for a month still ends up the same as just not doing wars for a month ;D
hopefully with some extra sydian, caskets, and valor for the efforts.
Easy fix. Give over 1 clans 2x heroism and damage award bonuses and no gear damage. As a gaming system there should be bonuses to drive smaller clans to flourish and grow and strengthen. Otherwise the game gets stale and stalls.
, like it is now. Measures could be put in place to prevent players from constantly switching from clan to clan to get such war bonuses but the truth is the rewards and benefits for smaller clans must increase of they have no reason to do war. Perhaps making it more enticing for smaller clans earning and winnings would split up larger clans and actually benefit the server..
scandelnavia,
No gear damage would be nice for everyone.

With arenas not firing, there's a lot of lower level players just not playing. Too many stuck on "but I don't have enough vaalor to level, so I just don't play". Gear Damage free wars would help. Smaller clans could recruit based solely on people needing valor and wars being a great way to get it.
No gear damage would make this game a lot more active. People would fight all around much more. Keep gear damage for critters.. remove from PVP. (if you die on critters you deserve gear damage yes i've done it.)
Even if it were possible to get heroism x5, smaller clans would not participate... why? because most of them have no chance to win a single fight during a war...

This has been said before and Ihit already said it's not going to happen but people would participate more if the losing side got heroism as well.

Of course that is how game was designed, losing side should get nothing and blah blah blah... but some changes made in the game helped to increase the existing imbalance between factions and players (like allowing people to switch faction) so other changes need to be done in order to restore balance a little.

Just my opinion...
Valkyrie,
Well said.

Heroism IS given to 'losers' though.... IF they try hard enough and get enough damage (I've lost many wars, and sea battle, and still have heroism awarded in the end). 2 hours of buffs, twice a week, if you're in a good clan that helps get the resources cheaper, is the way to get it done. Unfortunately smaller clans cannot help others out as much as us "big" clans can.

Also, Does anyone know if there is a sydian/casket award possible for the allied clan when helping in a war? I understand when IE helped HF, noone got any sydian/caskets, but they also didn't do very much damage. If allied player got top damages, would they get awarded for it?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.